MakeWebGames

What's next ? Google ISP

mdshare

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Google are taking the pee in my eyes they are just ruining it for companies without such a dominating brand name, Most people know what google but i don't get the point in it being more than a Search Engine FFS google get over yourself seriously.

World domination next?

Why not do a airline next?

At least people try hiding it with umbrella companies google openly are trying to take over the world, they do all sorts including one of the lamest OS's ever. Wonder if they are doing GooglePal => paypal or maybe Gbay...

They will offer us Google Oxygen next:)

No google doesn't always offer good quality. Google chrome for example doesn't render the pages like FF or IE, so yet another annoying browser to check to see if you site works. Android phones have the bad habit to connect to the network without asking you, nice for the phone companies not for you. Etc etc... sorry but I don't think google is all good and nice, actually I start to dislike it more and more. If you thought Microsoft was evil, well think of how much Google is dangerous by controlling internet. Yes as it does it, if you don't appear on a search engine, you are as good as dead, and guess what, if they become an ISP they could actually even slow down other concurent websites if they want to. Nice...

Yikes Google is going into world domination plans :)

You are right about if you don't appear on google your site isn't worth opening, i have 20 mg connection for about 40 quid so imagine the 1 gig prices... If they are lower than that i'd be very worried for companies.

Google need to put more time into Chrome=>youtube=>google search engine and many of their other projects rather than messing with ISP's.

No google doesn't always offer good quality. Google chrome for example doesn't render the pages like FF or IE, so yet another annoying browser to check to see if you site works.

Hmm, well you have me there, I haven't really tried out the chrome browser so I can't really put my 2 cents in on the matter.

Android phones have the bad habit to connect to the network without asking you, nice for the phone companies not for you.

Hmm well I don't know why connecting to the network would be a bad thing? I have verizon and their "unlimited data" plan so I guess for me its not really an issue. I actually have WIFI turned off on my motodroid simply because my 3g coverage is everywhere so there is no need to have my phone go back and forth between wifi and my network. However, if you have a limited data plan I suppose this could be a problem. For me though, the android mobile OS is excellent!

sorry but I don't think google is all good and nice, actually I start to dislike it more and more. If you thought Microsoft was evil, well think of how much Google is dangerous by controlling internet. Yes as it does it, if you don't appear on a search engine, you are as good as dead, and guess what, if they become an ISP they could actually even slow down other concurent websites if they want to. Nice...

It's very easy to get yourself high rankings in search engines, you can't just expect your site to rise into the top results when you are a new or your quality is poor in comparison to other sites of the same genre. With a little research and careful planning you can easily pull search traffic from google without any problems. There are many tricks and you cannot simply blame the site for your poor search results.

As for the ISP thing, the service they will be providing is ultra high-speed, I think it would be very very apparent to anyone using their ISP that other search engines load slow when... every site should load really fast. They would instantly be blacklisted by other ISPs and the other ISPs would make sure you knew they were doing it. I think the problem is people fear larger companies when they start taking a large market share. While it does give them great power to have such a backing, one simple mistake(like lagging other search engines through their ISP) would completely ruin their reputation, its silly to think they would even consider doing that.

I'm not talking about your site being on top or not. Indeed if all would be based on the quality, then I would be fine. However if you check you will see that google do some oddies from time to time, and either remove some sites or move others above (check on the net and you will find enough evidences). Not talking about my site.

For the ISP, they will certainly be relatively fair at the beginning. But once the other ISP will be dead (due to some dump on the market), be sure they will do whatever they want. Why do you think there is laws against monopoles?

For flat rate plans, sorry but I don't want to pay a lot for my phone. So my plan is as basic as it can... and I pay actually 4$ per month XD

I think I would welcome a Google ISP in the UK. Why?

Even in a "competitive" market like the UK we get a poor service, poor customer service and relatively high prices.

I won't launch into a tirade about my provider (British Telecom) but suffice to say those and Virgin are considered to have overall poor customer satisfaction. Now if another big boy enters the arena it gives them a kick up the backside, and makes them improve their service or haemorrhage customers.

I equate it to the entrance of Chrome to the browser market. I don't use it, nor do I intend on starting. However, it has forced Microsoft to start innovating again on IE.

It may come at the cost of smaller providers but I am not entirely convinced that is the case...

FOR EXAMPLE and this is just a EXAMPLE.

If a customer of Google ISP was to be downloading say for example via Torrents or Warez (think that's what they are called) i don't imagine Google allowing it. Although if your a competitor that is a big blow to their customer base. If they were to take over the entire internet though and then didn't allow torrents then alot of people wouldn't have the internet.

Google are like kiddies with a new toy (they have millions of toys).

Stop ranting on about the whole Google World Domination theory.

The Google ISP theory: They are simply connecting their lines with AT&T for the benefit of the users, making it faster for you to use Google.

The Chrome Browser: It's the fastest browser on earth today, and it supports HTML5, what the hell are you ranting on about there?

The Crome OS: The main goal of it isn't an OS, it's for people who use just the internet. It's a fast solution(under 7 seconds), from pushing the power button to being able to go on the internet.

Selling Oxygen? Well, sue your government then too, they are also trying to stop global warming.

You people just don't understand Google. Face it, if it wasn't for Google, this website in particular wouldn't even have 1k members.

Also, mdshare, you are so against Google, yet you use Adsense? What the hell?!

Selling Oxygen? Well, sue your government then too, they are also trying to stop global warming.

You people just don't understand Google. Face it, if it wasn't for Google, this website in particular wouldn't even have 1k members.

I'm guessing you're an expert correct? PFFT!

Did I ever say I'm against google ? I doubt I said that once in any post.

Creating google topics isn't against google, it's creating a open discussion at our community about their products and services.

And if I would really be against them , then I wouldn't have GOOG in my portfolio or use google gadgets you didn't hear about ...

With google !!! you only have 4 members at http://board.aplision.com/ and as google fan you don't use adsense but adbrite ???