MakeWebGames

Stock Market. Working + Secured

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Attached is an updated fixed version of the stocks.php and staff_stocks.php

Fixed security issue by removing PHP_SELF

Cleaned up the code slightly and changed to use the $db class as that is what the class is there for. No point in having the class if you aint gonna use it.

I tested this as far as adding stock and it being displayed and buy/selling etc. Didnt add the cron information but I did check over that code and it looks reasonable.

stocks.zip

Only thing i would say is there is no point in having –

You're unable to view this code.

Viewing code within this forum requires registration, you can register here for free.

In staff stocks.php. The class does the “or die(mysql_error()) for you (unless its changed?).

In any case thanks for taking the time to repost, and even update it.

I didnt take that much notice Dom. For any mysql_query , num_rows, fetch_assoc I did a find and replace to turn them into $db->

Wasnt going to put a lot of time into it just got it working and then noticed the PHP_SELF so removed those. But yes you are correct there is no need for or die(mysql_error());

• 2 months later...
Attached is an updated fixed version of the stocks.php and staff_stocks.php

Fixed security issue by removing PHP_SELF

Cleaned up the code slightly and changed to use the $db class as that is what the class is there for. No point in having the class if you aint gonna use it.

I tested this as far as adding stock and it being displayed and buy/selling etc. Didnt add the cron information but I did check over that code and it looks reasonable.

Just to let you know, your missing a ; on the end of line 114

• 3 weeks later...

After i installed the mod, i got a error.

Viewing code within this forum requires registration, you can register here for free.

On line 109 is just this.

How can i fix that guys? Please...

After i installed the mod, i got a error.

On line 109 is just this.

How can i fix that guys? Please...

Try that

• 3 weeks later...

oh sorry the updated one now the error is Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '}' in /home/morgan95/public_html/stocks.php on line 115

echo 'You do not have enough money for this amount of stocks.';

return;

}

111 $stock_holds = $db->query("SELECT holdingID FROM `stock_holdings` WHERE `holdingUSER` = ".$ir['userid']." AND `holdingSTOCK` = ".$stock['stockID']);

112 if($db->num_rows($stock_holds)) {

113 $db->query("UPDATE `stock_holdings` SET `holdingQTY` = (`holdingQTY` + ".$amnt.") WHERE `holdingUSER` = ".$ir['userid']." AND `holdingSTOCK` = 114".$stock['stockID'])

115 }

116 else {

$db->query("INSERT INTO `stock_holdings` (`holdingUSER`,`holdingSTOCK`,`holdingQTY`) VALUES (".$ir['userid'].",".$stock['stockID'].",".$amnt.")");

}

Edited by morgan1122

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...