MakeWebGames

The Standards of CE Mod!

radio_active

Hello,

I remember back in the days when there was only say 6 pages for free mod selection.

I remember when they used +1 and -1 instead of credits.

I remember when the QUALITY of Criminal Existence Scripts were actually good..

People who could actually code were the only ones who posted and the posts were good quality scripts...

Have you noticed that there are now 27 pages or so of free mod selections, about 1-2 pages are good quality scripts and the rest is just shit that people who cant code post because they want to get creedits and look cool...About 15+ of those pages are scripts that have had maybe a few words modified and then posted under someone elses name!

Have you noticed whenever you click on free mod selection there is a new script which someone who doesnt know how to code decently has taken someone elses script from the free mods then posted it again with different words?

I tell you..

What is the fucking point?

CE has gone from Quality and less Quanity to Quantity with less quality, id suggest only if you are a older member to post on this thread if you do so!

I do not know about you guys but im getting sick of all these mods coming out, 6/7 turn into arguments of stolen scripts and the last 1/7 get a little praise from someone who also cannot code!

I will add to this thread again but thats all i am posting to begin with, i would love to fix CE up, have all the shit deleted and get it back to normal!

Thankyou

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: The Standards of CE Mod!

True, i agree with you on that. The amount of post's i find when looking through my unread post's since last visit. 1 day and i come back with 1-3 page's. BUT! That is a good thing that there are so many post's but the shit thing is, its just bunch of crap that has been posted.

I do tottally agree also, Just the other day someone made a new topic for a converted mod? which usually would be posted under the same mod...

and yes i also have noticed people taking stuff from certain peoples websites (not mentioning names) and posting here, all he done was convert it and claim it was his... when we blatentlly knew it was not, then he had a fit saying just cause you think i cant code blah blah...

But yep i would also love to get all the clutter gone and get it back the way it once was.

I agree with Killah, Mod Approvals would be a good idea, just look at this... So many of those scripts are just stolen, or reposted...Im sick of it, take Killahs brothel mod for example, that has been taken and changed a few words like 20 times then posted again, its really pissing me off, i mean christ!

Guest Sniko`

I Agree With The Mod Approvals And The Other Thing Mentioned In Post 1.

All My Topics Are Coded From Me. The Code May Look The Same But Dont They All? Weel Some Do.

They Should Make Another Board. (Noobie Coders Or Begeniers) Only People With The Rank Of Newbie Can Post There And So On.

I'm kinda new so i don't know if i should be posting here...

but to add to the conversation look for example at RentASpy someone actually posted several edits in other topics which i found very disturbing (i know i did it also i have 3 versions in 3 different topics but if i had a delete my own topic function i could delete the older versions)

mod approvals would be a good idea.

Guest Sniko`

I'm kinda new so i don't know if i should be posting here...

"New", Are You Zero?

Also An Example Of Someone Who Doesnt Make Other Topics For An Expansion Of Another MOD...

Richard Expanded/Re-Wrote On My Ammo [V2] Modification

I believe he doesn't need to write with any capital letters, i often do when in the forums because i like to give the impression i can spell, although on msn i spell like an idiot

But i've noticed people do seem to copy other people's mods and convert them, then change words, i admit, i suck at coding, but at least i do admit it :) and don't take other peoples mods

I went though the stage where i did Every Word With A Capital it's because when u start to code (well i think) you have to hit shift at the begging of every thing for instance <center> to get the < you have to hit shift and some other key. So then it kinda set's into your mind. I remember i failed one of my English homework's cause of the cap problem. I may be wrong but my idea makes sense.

Im fairly new to the forum. I hardly ever post just see what people have to post. I have posted two mods in my time here. One I would say im quite proud of. I defiantly agree to the mod approval idea for there is to much spam and to much stealing/useless junk being posted.

md should add a delete topic option to topic creators that would be a good thing because of several old topics of mine i would love to delete rather than posting on them again and changing it to "delete me please" which never get deleted anyways which is kind of annoying

and iamwicked & sniko you are showing the behavior of which this post is all against i would recommend not posting one line replies over something that could be resolved in private messaging.

and just to comment on it since its being discussed here, capital letters don't mean sh!t get a f'ing life it's not like its going to annoy you in any way how someone else types

it's not like he's doing it how i used to do it IE: ZeRo AffECT

so refrain from your idiotic replies because if i was a admin i would ban you just for that.

(this is not targeted specially for sniko and iamwicked it is targeted to loads of people on here who should be banned IE: kyle lol Just kidding mate :lol:)

and Sniko i mean no offense i actually like you but cut down on the replies mate or atleast take it to private message.

You would put people who are decent at coding and are helpful to the community! eg

Richard

Nyna

War Hero (New but really excelling)

Floydian

Zero Affect

Killah

Halo

I cannot think of many at the moment but that is a base...I would not count myself in as i dont really code much and have only added a few scripts to the community!

However you may also have an "Apply For" section where people may apply showing there work, coding experience etc...

It means a lot to me for my name to be on the list. :)

I totally agree with having an option to approve topics and an option to delete topics. I've not been here long, but I've seen so many topics that are basically the same: a small little mod that gives the user a random amount of money, etc. I understand that everyone has to start off low, so maybe there could be a board so users new to PHP could post their new mods on that board, then, if it is approved by the people on the list, it would be moved to the Free Game Modifications.

Just an idea. :) But as I say, I don't have a huge say in this as I'm still relatively new here. ;)

You would put people who are decent at coding and are helpful to the community! eg

Richard

Nyna

Floydian

Zero Affect

Killah

Halo

I cannot think of many at the moment but that is a base...I would not count myself in as i dont really code much and have only added a few scripts to the community!

However you may also have an "Apply For" section where people may apply showing there work, coding experience etc...

I like that just cause i got in that list maybe that's because of my login/register mods

but MD maybe think over the delete own topic idea it would come in handy rather than adding loads of topics to war zone or rather than people just emptying the main post and changing the subject to delete

and i agree with war hero a approval position would be a good idea

good: free modifications

medium: newbie modifications

bad: delete

i mean we all spend alot of time on here lol (more than the sites i code for sometimes :-D)

so what ya reckon MD?

EDITED BELOW:

We could also have the newbie modifications section for helping people with learning me and Kyle could easily post some nice examples of sql inputs deletes etc...

The easiest way to do this would be like this!

Game Modifications:

---------Paid Game Scripts

---------Script Requests

--------Advanced Mods

---------Free Modifications -------- Intermediate Mods

--------- Begginer Mods

Each post has a rating system, below 5 goes into begginer - 5.1-8 is intermediate and 8.1-10 is advanced!

However there could be some contraversy with people not like others so demeaning them and posting low scores on a good mod!

The list i made on my previous post is just an insight, i posted the few coders who i have seen there work and believe it to be good, it may be completly different however, i was just making a llist to begin with!

Edit: Made the Table slightly clearer!

Richard

Nyna

Floydian

Zero Affect

Killah

Halo

My list would be

• Luke
  • Floydian
  • Nyna

:s

And radio-active, a rating system just doesn't work as it has shown in the past.