MakeWebGames

The Standards of CE Mod!

radio_active

Re: The Standards of CE Mod!

It depends on what you state as "Quality"

Whilst Nyna and Floydian do very secure and brilliant coding (I havnt seen lukes work), you are putting that on a level of "Highly Advanced" to "In-Human"

The quality that im talking about is to do with people who make scripts for the community that are quite secure and take time to code.

Whilst the three you stated are good coders, you would find the Free mods section empty as they're contribution isnt much (They dont spend there time making scripts for games to post for free) which is very understandable.

The list i made had some extras who post fairly frequently and they're coding is not completly useless such as, well 20/27 of the pages in the Free Mod Section.

Also that list as i said in my last post was just made off the top of my head, people can be added and minues from the list, that was just my opinion apon posting.

So whilst your idea of Quailty is of those three coders, i am talking about getting it back to what it used to be 1+ years ago. Where people like Nurples, Oxi etc were posting, when the Free Mod Section was about 5 pages long (when i joined). Get it back to more quality and less quantity.

that is all

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You would put people who are decent at coding and are helpful to the community! eg

Richard

Nyna

War Hero (New but really excelling)

Floydian

Zero Affect

Killah

Halo

I cannot think of many at the moment but that is a base...I would not count myself in as i dont really code much and have only added a few scripts to the community!

My list would be

• Luke
  • Floydian
  • Nyna

:s

And radio-active, a rating system just doesn't work as it has shown in the past.

Thanks mate, your off my Christmas list now :wink:

That's a joke BTW...

i would never compare my coding with Luke, Nyna OR Floydie poo

they could code rings around most of us

but has each day goes by we all learn something new

The idea of the beginner / semi pro / advanced is quite clever

Karma was something i never had chance to appreciate since it was taken off just before i joined

Getting rid of the IE: {buy a cookie and get brave} modifications out of free modifications and in something like learning scripts would be a good idea since most people just stay in the game modifications dir in forum.

but has i have said on several of the older posts DELETE TOPIC good idea lol

i seriously want to delete some of my older posts

Honestly who cares I just wonder where most games would be without the free mods section !

I can and do code anything I want really and I would never share my quality things found on my game here for free

Not to mention even though my game looks MCCodes most of the shit has been changed and is probs not compatible with a normal MCCodes game

I dont think you have read any of the posts...Its not getting rid of the Free Game Mods, its cleaning up all the shit in side it, making new boards for new people to post there free mods on, and more advanced coders to post there free mods on... You say your such a good coder but i havnt i dont know anyone who has seen your work!

bleh. I just get tired of reading BS posts everywhere. lol. I came here to look thru the free mods, And find this post? I disagree with all the replies in this thread, but who cares? I filter thru the mods by looking at who posted it. Some of the people on here dont produce good stuff and some do. Just know who to trust and who not to trust.

Standards of Ce??? Cmon people. This is a worldwide Forum. You don't have fricken standards. If someone wants to post something let them.

As iv read every post in here. I'm not an old guy, I'm just a newb trying to start off trying to do something half ass right. Iv seen some posts are pointed out to me directly. And alto that makes sense. Alot of these mods are shit mods exactly. But if per say they did make a Newb Mod center. So I post something in there. A new mod never before seen. And since everyone in there are Newbs and all you Older guys wont ever go in there but to laugh on how stupid these mods look and complain about Newbs not being able to code. How am I going to get something fixed?? Say i have a unexplained T_Variable. None of them in there are gonna look to see what the hell is wrong. Ill never figure it out. Newb coders try to make ''mods'' or redo them so maybe they can learn a little bit by the "experts" replies. Whether you guys know it or not you are putting coding knowledge into us newb coders heads. And Although I'm new and MC codes, but not Php itsself i know a little bit.

The Whole posting outrageous and stupid mods I agree on. Although I have did 2 of them. In which after reading this post you guys dont want them. So therefore im removing them. But Do us a favor, Take the time to actually think "Hey Iv been helping stupid newbs out to make them just like i am today."

Its just like anything else, IF you dont learn, You cant pass it on. Newbs dont learn, Then when you Experts out there are done with coding or pass away, Who is gonna know how to do this??? Huh??? No-One because you guys are to stubborn to help some Newb out.

If half of you guys would grab a noob and say hey ill help you out and teach ya a little bit about whats wrong with the code and why and all that then Newbs MIGHT be able to post "quality" mods for you guys. I read and look though about every post and thread everyday. You wanna know what i see?? A Newb trying to post something and below one of you Top Coders dissing on them because they made an error, Or it is a shit mod, Or Heck iv even seen someone complaining about someone tabbing over in there mods. WTF is wrong with that???? Nothing, It is a coders way for them to read there stuff better than others. IF something isn't done YOUR WAY or how YOU would do it, Then it isn't a quality mod to you guys. Its just another stupid post that needs to be deleted. I take my precious time to sit there and see that a user needs help with something or they don't think its a right code. I add it into my database and test it. See if it works. See what they can improve on. JUST because they asked for help and all that i do it. I don't care if I'm the best coder in the world. I'm not gonna dis other coders because they cant be as good as others. I know I'm a newb and yeah id like some help at times. But all you get is a couple newbs racking there brains to think of how something could work because no-one will help them. Its pitiful.

Mod Approvals??? By regular members to approve? What no, Cant be done, Shouldn't be done. If high ranked members are going to be able to approve mods then no mods but theres and there next Buddy's will be up there. PITIFUL crap even if you have to have a approval by regular members or not. Its a WORLDWIDE forum, and anyone can post in it. I would almost guarantee there isn't a rule in this forum saying that a Person cannot try to create a decent mod. I almost guarantee that there isn't a rule in the forum saying that there can only be Quality mods in this forum. I can almost guarantee that there isn't a rule in this forum saying there shouldn't be 27 pages of shit mods. I would think that if CE wanted things this way they would post the rules. Not let other members post the rules for them.

I really wish some awesome coder would just come up and say hey, I hear your making a website. Need any help? Then after that guy teaches me, Ill teach other and pass it on and on and on. Thats the way coding should work. Its all linked into the same thing. so why do you guys have to make things complicated for newbs? I mean I'm fixing to be done with a 2 week coded Custom attack system. And I'm gonna post it in here for FREE!! FREE!!! FREE!!!! Wanna know why? because not all coders has the same abilities to code such things as others. So why not help out the coder behind you.

MrGI

MrGi, Code for you, Not for the approval of others. You will never find someone that has the same standards as you have. Never let what someones says bother you, Let it make you stronger. This goes out to all new coders. you got to start somewhere, just know what you face if you post something that someone else swears they done themselfs, When in all truth of it, They rewrote a code that someone else rewrote. lol.. Its a cycle.

MrGi, Code for you, Not for the approval of others. You will never find someone that has the same standards as you have. Never let what someones says bother you, Let it make you stronger. This goes out to all new coders. you got to start somewhere, just know what you face if you post something that someone else swears they done themselfs, When in all truth of it, They rewrote a code that someone else rewrote. lol.. Its a cycle.

Exactly its a cycle, Everyone one of these codes has the same crap in it, Its all jsut changed around. But Blue I dont listen to other people. I dont give a flying frick what they think. But when it comes down to this. Im deleting my posts, and posting what is right. And until they get what i said before in that long statement, I wont post again.Should be the other way around, But hey dont let anyone post stuff except those stubborn people, See how slow things gets on here, See how amny new mods come out. They will want more ideas to RE_CODE themselves.

MrGi, apart from the atrocious grammar and spelling, I don't find anything wrong with helping other people. I'd love to do it, and I try and do it when I can. The thing is, usually I'll see how the person is, if they're just posting an error and demanding a fix, I'll ignore it. If I can tell they're posting it and genuinely wanting to know why it's doing what it's doing, and they're open to suggestions, then I'll try and help them out. It's not hard to judge that either. Most of the things on here aren't very well done, but I can't go around to every single post and correct them, so I just try and look at the ones where people are asking for help. I'll try and explain it in depth and hope they go off and learn more about it to fix it.

I'm not just going to go to every post and fix it all or I'd be recoding half the posts on here.

Yes, I understand that. And i don't go into every post and re-code something for them. Iv only been here a week. Whether they are demanding or not. Ill help as i can. And just be like Hey next time tell us what your problem is, And a bunch of other details. But i just don't get why some people just wont be like You.

MrGi, do you want to know why us big coder's who know what we are doing dont post our good mod's for free and ask for a bit of cash?

No, it's not because i want to make money. I can't even touch my money that goes into paypal. But the fact is, if we release all the paid mod's for free. What will happen? All of you people who can't code, grab the code and say you made it. Then try and sell our work. We will find out one way or another.

Heck, i sold how many mod's to jameo, but never knew he was like he is. Giving mod's away for free?

Seriously. It is illegal to just give some one else's stuff away. How about you got a car. I go and give your car away. What will that be? Im sure you would be like WTF!. So my point of this post is, if we do help you "newbs", what will happen? You guy's will just act like you guy's did the coding. Making you look all big etc. Dont tell me im lying. I am not. I've been through it. I have helped many people on there game's in the past, what do they do? Announcement (1)

Hello all i have fixed up the security.

Do you even see "Thank's to blah name". NO! Maybe you might not read this post but what the heck.

Majority of you don't even read post's and just post blabarish bullshit. Take in mind that, if all hacker's help all the people who want to be hacker's. What will happen to this place we call the "INTERNET WORLD"?

Also take in mind, we can't give our hard time work away for free. It will be like giving you $500 dollar's.

Another thing you should take in mind in this long post...

I do not mind you people posting mod's. What pisses me off is that, you will grab a mod, change a couple letter's like my brothel mod. Change it to whorehouse and then call it Whore House Mod [v2] as the title and in the post:

Hello this is a mod i made

Do i see there

Hello this is a mod i changed around by kyle

NO! And what, you going to tell me people wont know how to change "brothel" to "whorehouse"? Please, ill post back to you any time.

MrGi, Blue and many others are right anyway to please everyone...

The change is minimal. Those that think they are above others can try to post their free mods at the moderated section.

The post/modification will not be visable untill approved. Same counts for any reply in that folder.

I have a feeling that folder will stay for a very long time empty....

md

MrGi, Blue and many others are right anyway to please everyone...

The change is minimal. Those that think they are above others can try to post their free mods at the moderated section.

The post/modification will not be visable untill approved. Same counts for any reply in that folder.

I have a feeling that folder will stay for a very long time empty....

md

wanna bet lol everyone now who thinks they are (super coders) will be trying to get the first post approved lol

Just to let you know, if i do become a mod approval. I wont just accept friend's post's.

I will first look at the mod if there is something wrong, ill aprove it then post an updated version => no bugs etc. I would just think that the mod approval would be cool because then it would be easier to find mod's that work and stop posting topic's about how to get this working and that. How many post's are there on how to fix the item market? Cron issues? TOO MANY!

I never said it would be a CE job position.

I'm just saying, you can't just give it to people are big critics:

Floydian

Luke

Nyna

Luke like's criticising alot of people's work.

Floydian, would'nt say he criticises but he would be good for this.

Nyna keep's on posting:

* Sigh

All i'm just saying is, you can't just bring those 3 into the hidden position. But say about 10 people. These are the people i would choose:

Nyna

Floydian

Luke

Zero-Affect

Pog One

You => mdshare

Me => killah

ETC

Don't just take people you trust. Take people who post, who is online alot, who helps alot.

I am not telling you here to run your forum. But it would be best to not just choose people you trust.

actually its

[me=Nyna]Sighs[/me]

i'm in everyone's lists lately this is pretty cool lol

and i hopefully am right in thinking md trusts me

not that i am asking for the position or whatever im just stating it lol

but back to topic

love the new section md nice work mate :-D