MakeWebGames

The Standards of CE Mod!

radio_active

Re: The Standards of CE Mod!

MrGi, do you want to know why us big coder's who know what we are doing dont post our good mod's for free and ask for a bit of cash?

No, it's not because i want to make money. I can't even touch my money that goes into paypal. But the fact is, if we release all the paid mod's for free. What will happen? All of you people who can't code, grab the code and say you made it. Then try and sell our work. We will find out one way or another.

Heck, i sold how many mod's to jameo, but never knew he was like he is. Giving mod's away for free?

Seriously. It is illegal to just give some one else's stuff away. How about you got a car. I go and give your car away. What will that be? Im sure you would be like WTF!. So my point of this post is, if we do help you "newbs", what will happen? You guy's will just act like you guy's did the coding. Making you look all big etc. Dont tell me im lying. I am not. I've been through it. I have helped many people on there game's in the past, what do they do? Announcement (1)

Hello all i have fixed up the security.

Do you even see "Thank's to blah name". NO! Maybe you might not read this post but what the heck.

Majority of you don't even read post's and just post blabarish bullshit. Take in mind that, if all hacker's help all the people who want to be hacker's. What will happen to this place we call the "INTERNET WORLD"?

Also take in mind, we can't give our hard time work away for free. It will be like giving you $500 dollar's.

Another thing you should take in mind in this long post...

I do not mind you people posting mod's. What pisses me off is that, you will grab a mod, change a couple letter's like my brothel mod. Change it to whorehouse and then call it Whore House Mod [v2] as the title and in the post:

Hello this is a mod i made

Do i see there

Hello this is a mod i changed around by kyle

NO! And what, you going to tell me people wont know how to change "brothel" to "whorehouse"? Please, ill post back to you any time.

Im sorry? I have been in the community since the start. But i have NEVER even heard of you? So who are you to make these statements? Before you start talking down on people, learn to be respectful about it. Wonder why i say this? Check the bold print in the above quote!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Killah, Just a bit of advice, I read your post. About half way down i see you saying something about I prolly didnt read this post and i just post bullshit. Well Do me a favor, When you acutally read what I wrote. Then you can post up again. Your whole post was about selling mods and all this shit. Well In my post, I didnt talk nothing about people selling mods. Nothing wrong with it in my part. But if your gonna sit here and complaina bout people posting bullshit in the thread because they didnt read the post. YOU YOURSELF NEEDS TO READ.

Killah, Just a bit of advice, I read your post. About half way down i see you saying something about I prolly didnt read this post and i just post bullshit. Well Do me a favor, When you acutally read what I wrote. Then you can post up again. Your whole post was about selling mods and all this shit. Well In my post, I didnt talk nothing about people selling mods. Nothing wrong with it in my part. But if your gonna sit here and complaina bout people posting bullshit in the thread because they didnt read the post. YOU YOURSELF NEEDS TO READ.

Nice One Its About Time Somebody Puts Him In His Place

God What The Hells His Problem I Dont Think There Is Anything Wrong With Finding A FREE Mod The Modding It A Bit And Re Post It.

And Where The Hell Did He Get Hackers Helping Hackers Out. Doesn't Make Sense I Thought We Were Talking About Coding Anyway.

And I Also Bet That 'KILLAH' Got Some Help When He/She Started To Code

But Hes Such A Stuck Up **** That He Wont Help.

//// Bet You Anything Hes Going To Go Find All His Old Posts And Copy And Paste Here Just To Prove He Helps People/////

(** Sorry For Going Off Topic There.**)

I Learnt To Code I'm Still Not The Best Coder But I'm Still Learning And Trying To Help People With There Games And Such,

Why Can't You?

**Thats Just My Thoughts ***

Sorry If I Offended Anyone.

Djkanna

IMO a revert to the paid subscription for selling mods would be beneficial to this community. I think many "coders" would be more inclined to produce quality work, as a opposed to "5 minute edits." Since the removable of this system, the boards have been flooded with "garbage," and everyone seems to be trying to make a quick buck.

However, the issue of "illegal" distribution of paid mods is a problem that plagues this community, and I think was ultimately the cause of the removal of the old pay to sell system.

So in short, the only way that the standards will ever increase is if people stop being jackasses and stop giving away or reselling people's hard work. I don't see this happening anytime soon.

lol

Why so much space for the "lol", because I think it's that important! :D

Do you want to raise the standards? Buyers should only accept good quality work. Of course this means they will have to pay more than $5 to $10 for a mod. People that contract me to do work for them normally pay a minimum of $50 for a mod. And they get top quality work.

Have you seen a bunch of mods from me? Nope, because I don't need to list a bunch of mods in order to sell them. People know who I am and they come to me when they need me. The same goes for the other programmers here that produce quality work.

There's nothing wrong with a sub forum filled with mostly crap, some good mods, a few outstanding mods, and whatever fits in between that. The folks I know that are willing to spend a little bit of money for the good stuff will seek out the people they know and trust for it.

There's some very high quality work coming out of CE, but most folks want a free or very cheap alternative. That's a dichotomy that will always exist. I see nothing wrong with that.

In the end, the old saying: "You get what you pay for.", still holds true.

In the end, the old saying: "You get what you pay for.", still holds true.

That's my point exactly; there are so many people here that beg for mods, or whine about high prices but most do not have the experience to appreciate quality work. This topic in itself is a prime example; people are complaining about FREE mods, if you don't like them, spend your time working on it yourself, don't flame people for actually trying.