MakeWebGames

The world mite end on Wednesday 10ths september 2008...

Joel

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: The world mite end on Wednesday 10ths september 2008...

to the note of December 21 2012 planet x is NOT going to hit earth, as the earth is gonna complete its 26,000 year wobble or w/e, and the winter solstice or something like that and the sun is gonna align up in the center of the galaxy doing some sort of black hole massive destruction thing... but these things are normal :roll:

Hmm, I could have sworn that it's on the Swiss-French border, but I remeber somewhere in this topic someone said swedish people :-o!

That Big Bang experiment, well it was actually quite successful.

According to this person the whole idea of the experiment was:

"We will be looking at what the Universe was made of billionths of a second after the Big Bang..."

Dr Tara Shears, University of Liverpool

It was apparently an amazing sight seeing protons rush through the 27km/17mile underground tunnel nearly at the speed of light. Woah, would have been amazing to see that! They have been running this project for over 11 years so hopefully, it'll work. Could it perhaps be the new 'amazing' technological discovery of the century?

fuss over nothing, this happens like every day or week or month or year or what ever. now there just doing a controlled one what can go wrong? the temperature it only 100,000x hotter then the center of the fun.

Might get a tan 8-)

Those would be "photons" which is to be distinguished from protons.

And something we're missing here, is that the protons that are smashed in accelerators, are not just protons, but there's one beam of protons, and another beam of anti protons.

Anti protons aren't exactly plentiful and you don't just see protons and anti protons colliding in everyday life. And even if you did, you wouldn't see any new particles coming out of it. The whole idea is that you accelerate the particles to near the speed of light, and then some of the energy stored up as momentum can be converted into new particles during the high speed collision.

They actually didnt smash the two particles together yet. They only guided a beam through a course.

I think they smash the particles together in October.

Great at school im gonna get "We're gonna die tommorow" some day in October,

They actually didnt smash the two particles together yet. They only guided a beam through a course.

We going to die in a months time :(

We going to die in a months time :(

Damm, Maybe i should start some cool bubble which has like unlimited air and stuff Killah you could come :D. There would mainly be fit as girls in it so sorry guys, xD

Guest Anonymous

This thread reminds me of when everyone was worried about how everything was going to shut down and go to shit in 2000 because nothing was set to handle the new millenium...

Anywhoo...There will always be theories on when the world will end...this isnt the first and wont be the last. If I recall the world was suppose to end back when my daughter was about 3 for some reason as well. Cant live life worrying about whens and wheres...

On a sidenote...I feel the need to comment on Floyd's comment to newer and better technology...if only it was all better..Sometimes you have to wonder if it is all worth it. The problem isnt in the science and technology its the fact that there will always be someone rich and powerful enough to find a way to exploit and corrupt any and all discoveries made. Its a vicious cycle...as pointed out without the funding they wouldnt advance....unfortunetely all the funding comes with multiple strings attached.

This thread reminds me of when everyone was worried about how everything was going to shut down and go to shit in 2000 because nothing was set to handle the new millenium...

lol i remember that, they said all the computer would crash etc.

• 1 month later...

When the world ends, It ends.

Because, theory isn't going to be a reliable source and the only guarantee we have is just to think 'When we die, we die.'

Because, to be honest, We actually never knew how we all came into this world .. 'The Big Bang?' - That's just something to cover everyone's minds up.. that's even why they are doing this experiment. You, as a citizen have a life to live.. Your life will go extremely fast if you think about when the world ends, Newspapers and Critics just write stories about anything just for the money.

On a sidenote...I feel the need to comment on Floyd's comment to newer and better technology...if only it was all better..Sometimes you have to wonder if it is all worth it. The problem isnt in the science and technology its the fact that there will always be someone rich and powerful enough to find a way to exploit and corrupt any and all discoveries made. Its a vicious cycle...as pointed out without the funding they wouldnt advance....unfortunetely all the funding comes with multiple strings attached.

Exactly, in science, it's always an ethical issue when applying new technologies and discoveries. Some use it for good, some for bad purposes.

As for this new 'doomsday device', I am sure the technological advances will be phenomenal but at what cost? I'm not saying that black holes will start consuming our planet etc during this experiment, but it is a little frightening that we could create even the smallest of black holes. Who knows what sort of greed that kind of technology could bring. It's not the scientists that we should be overly concerned about, it's the people who apply this technology for their personal greed.