MakeWebGames

The world mite end on Wednesday 10ths september 2008...

Joel

Click the link below to see what The Sun had to say

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/features/article1630897.ece

Its also on other sites Google it...

I mean there is a possibility of this happening, the scientists says its 99.9% it wont happen and 1% it will so either way they haven't tried anything like this before, well they are just putting life at risk, read the link above for more information.

Do you think it will or not happen?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: The world mite end on Wednesday 10ths september 2008...

It won't, for one the Sun is a horrible website to get information from, for two the chance that anything bad happens is so small it's pointless to worry about it, for three there's way too much feat about science that is based on absolutely nothing

The science doesn't support that outcome.

Hawking's theory of black hole evaporation states that the black holes that ---quote--- could happen ---end quote--- would evapirate before they had a chance to do any damage at all. The science is so solid on this that I'd be right there when they fire it up if I could.

It's great for media stories and cable news in the US has carried the story, but only as a small blurb. There's no serious scientists that actually believe anything bad would happen.

The deal is, these blackholes, if they are created, would exist on the quantum scale. Hawking has demonstrated conclusively that as blackholes take in matter, they also evaporate, and the rate of evaporation at such a small scale would be greater than any mass the black hole could take in.

To create a blackhole that would cause a threat, you'd likely have to clump together something a bit more sizable than two particles in a collider beam. I don't know how much it would take, but we can't do it, period.

Well floydian, you have a point there. A friend of mine is in science class and today's science is that the bermuda triangle is getting bigger & bigger in a small time. Notice it now and notice it tommorow you wont see a difference. But notice it now and then in a year and you might see a diference. Just science today.

Science isn't my thing but messing with the world isn't necessary, I no there trying to find out more Information but its something they haven't tried before so could lead to something serious

lol We wouldn't have the electronic revolution if it weren't for people delving into the subatomic world. The computer Extermination relied on to post his last post is 99.99999% likely to be using transistors that are the direct result of advances in quantum mechanics :O

Don't knock the sort of science that's going on at CERN in less you're prepared to forgo the future advances in technology that result in it.

If all that came of these sorts of things was abstract non useful information, governments and private entities would not be pouring billions of dollars into the research. Trust me, advances will come of this. I don't know when they will happen, but when we learn more about how every thing works, we gain the ability to make newer and better technologies.

Ten years from now, I'm sure we'll have some fantastic new tech that we can't even imagine..... We're actually overdue, in my opinion for another major technological advancement.....

Just consider the internet. For those that remember the eighties, they remember how no one lived online unless they were a professor at a college shooting emails between colleagues. There was no MSN messenger, and there was no internet. We'll likely see something big, maybe not on the scale of the internet, but something that's still big in the next ten years and it'll likely be have some tie to quantum mechanics since miniaturization is still a hot topic and there's a much we can do to miniaturize still.

lol We wouldn't have the electronic revolution if it weren't for people delving into the subatomic world. The computer Extermination relied on to post his last post is 99.99999% likely to be using transistors that are the direct result of advances in quantum mechanics :O

Don't knock the sort of science that's going on at CERN in less you're prepared to forgo the future advances in technology that result in it.

If all that came of these sorts of things was abstract non useful information, governments and private entities would not be pouring billions of dollars into the research. Trust me, advances will come of this. I don't know when they will happen, but when we learn more about how every thing works, we gain the ability to make newer and better technologies.

Ten years from now, I'm sure we'll have some fantastic new tech that we can't even imagine..... We're actually overdue, in my opinion for another major technological advancement.....

Just consider the internet. For those that remember the eighties, they remember how no one lived online unless they were a professor at a college shooting emails between colleagues. There was no MSN messenger, and there was no internet. We'll likely see something big, maybe not on the scale of the internet, but something that's still big in the next ten years and it'll likely be have some tie to quantum mechanics since miniaturization is still a hot topic and there's a much we can do to miniaturize still.

Alright, well basically yeah we wouldn't have what we have now if it weren't for the scientist's but what they are doing is trying out the biggest experiment in History (what I have heard off) which could lead to something serious, but maybe it will be 99.9% that nothing will happen but its not like they have tried it before even no there scientist's which is they will and most probably no what will happen, but don't forget there's always that 1% it could go wrong you never no.

I have a feeling there will be nothing wrong, but sooner or later the bigger projects they create the bigger the earth gets dangerous, I mean they will make a mistake one time.

But hey that's what I say, at least if the world was going to "END" we will all die at the same time, don't you think it would be better than dieing on your own?...

I'd take those 1% chances, but it's not even that, there's a near-zero chance anything will go wrong, so small you can ignore it anyway. There's a nonzero chance that brushing your teeth will spawn a black hole, but the chance is small you don't worry about it, same thing here.

Scientists were worried in the first atomic tests that the bomb would ignite the entire atmosphere, but they did it anyway, and we're fine (the rest of the world that is)

I'd rather spend billions on science than billions on wars

it's got nothing to do with black holes allthough they aim to understand dark matter better. I read somewhere that by 2010 they chould have it running at its best so its still a trial still :-P