Jump to content
MakeWebGames

Ishraq

Members
  • Posts

    574
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    9

Everything posted by Ishraq

  1. Yep, I thought i'd just use those ideas to make a simple version. I saw the one on MWG which includes a staff page but its extra work. Might work on improving it later when I get the chance to. This one would be just a foundation for others to build upon. To add: Staff Page - Add and control the rewards for the merits directly from the staff page. Crons - If the requirements for merit requires edit on the header or cron pages then would just use some kind of while loop or something to go through each one etc. At the moment its just simple if statements. The updated version would be more useful since some games use different names for crystals etc and that would be set on the staff page itself.
  2. Sent you a PM Thought i'd just make it and put it on marketplace. https://makewebgames.io/files/file/280-merits-v2/
  3. Maybe keeping a folder for all languages files and in each file will be strings with its content. The modules, static files themselves will have {{ $lang->welcome }}, {{ $lang->strength }} instead of Welcome, Strength. The app itself would set a locale beforehand and that will be passed to the $lang object which will make it all automatic or can be chosen upon loading of site. Maybe a list of available languages. This would ensure you'll have a strict translation instead of Google translate which may or may not translate it correctly. The language file will consist of a dictionary list of set words and content. $welcome = "Welcome"; $strength = "Strength"; Could be a start but not sure how cached files would affect things, maybe separate cache folders for each language? Addition: $addmoney = "You have won $money"; Maybe also use str_replace at your place of conversion to make the strings more dimensional.
  4. You can try chromebook app store or use simple apps like notepad, WordPad. Also check out w3schools to use their examples to run your php whilst you're learning.
  5. Are you trying to add it to mccodes? You'd need to follow the structure for mccodes, selecting and updating the user fields from a query as this engine has a different structure. Try comparing a module that works in your game and you could easily convert it for yourself. This will help you learn about your game itself. Trial and error.
  6. Add above that
  7. Where did you buy it from?
  8. If you're using MCC V2, it should just work if you copy and paste that snippet above on the top of the page where the rest of the if statement checks are. The user_level column should already be in the SQL. Post the top half of your attack.php and users table structure so we can confirm this.
  9. https://www.amazon.com/Learning-PHP-MySQL-JavaScript-Javascript/dp/1491918667 I'd recommend books from here. They have great examples and explanations. It is also perfect for refreshing your knowledge.
  10. It is something I'd play around with, however I decided to just convert it and implement an MVC approach using a basic MVC model from codeshack. It is working on PHP8 on MWG hosting. When adding a mod, some variables are renamed and file is stripped to follow MVC model. At the moment, it's being built as a game but I will surely look into making it into a game engine itself.
  11. Thank you for the work you put out there. Your site has been very useful!
  12. Ishraq

    Nonsense

    Any moment now, we may need more mods on MWG since others may be too busy to prioritise MWG or provide solutions for being busy. If the issue is front end and taking a week then we can bet on it to turn into a month. Backend would take years and possibly generations, I'm sure if it was their own issue it'd be resolved in an instance. Most work in similar fields and settings at work so shouldn't be difficult to open another tab. Sadly, it isn't their concern. I respect the effort for even bringing and hosting MWG back to life. However, it'll quickly turn into mccodes website. Waste of inifinite Internet space hehe
  13. Ishraq

    (SOLD)

    $50 incl. VAT for the license $30 CAD sounds good, I'm after just the license tbh. Think of it like collectables. Replied to PM
  14. Ishraq

    (SOLD)

    Is the license included? $30 for the game and license sounds good. Is it transferable to a new name?
  15. This has been sitting there for nearly a decade. If only it was in bitcoin. Edit: Just came across this, looks good. https://github.com/yeraycat/abyssmmo
  16. Welcome back @Djkanna It's good to see one of the legends return
  17. Thank you for confirming. I thought so...so the only way to get what you want is through them. @Uridium This is regardless if we both have a valid licenses.
  18. I can try searching in my haystack of codes, i'm sure i have it unless i deleted it to keep the latest one. However, how can we share this without violating TOS? Im sure asking the owners would be the better way, surely they would have every type of copies made?
  19. I love the idea of the samurai, I've signed up and it does have that mccodes feel to it that I missed. I've worked with samurai legend before and I'm honestly proud of where you have come and excited to where you'll go with this.
  20. I too feel the same about this, I am new to all these new frameworks and terminology. My mind predates to PHP, HTML, CSS, JS. Upload zip run install and build. I'll be using this project to get upto to speed with everything. Looking forward to this
  21. Ishraq

    Mafia Order

    This is looking beautiful, love how you're utilising the map and the right side bar. Makes it more engaging, I've signed up and can't wait.
  22. Gratefully alive Working on some projects and taking is slow with the game production. Glad to see you around
  23. I purchased a hosting to support with the cost but best way I think would be to set a membership, doesn't really have to have any benefits, small packages like $1,2,5,10 a month donations/subscriptions. Which hopefully would accumulate to a decent amount. I'd prefer a system where you would get the whole payment and no fees taken so the cause isn't affected. Not sure how those patreon services work. Also would there be crypto currency donations too? That way we'd know you'd get the money without fees taken. Doesn't really have to be implemented but ramp.io is a good place to check. (A payment system just incase someone accidently copies the address wrong when paying manually). Looking forward to growth!
  24. Welcome back, love seeing MWG pick up again.
  25. Amazing haha 😉 Seems like the forum is kind of inactive again.
×
×
  • Create New...