-
Posts
2,150 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
153
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Everything posted by Magictallguy
-
grpg-v2 Staff Rank/Permissions - complete overhaul
Magictallguy replied to Magictallguy's topic in Paid Plugins
A DMCA for use my mod that I've allowed? Get a grip of yourself, there's plenty of hard feelings Ibraheem.. Yes. The way I've done it uses its own table with only 1 addition to the (grpg)users table. The reason I've not routed it through an access file is due to a security flaw that would arise by using encrypted URLs - you simply can't beat hard-coded methods when it comes to things like that. -
Whereas, I'm quite against it. Studies have shown the drawbacks (no pun intended) in prolonged use. I have previously smoked it, stopped and made a promise to my other half never to touch it again. With that being said, it depends on "which" weed you get your hands on. If you get the stuff that's been sprayed with THC, then it's not weed. If you get the stuff that's been laced with f*ck knows what, then it's not weed. <-- that's the stuff that has been used in the studies. If you get the stuff that has had no extra "modification" done to it, then the choice is yours. Smoke it, or don't. Just let it be known that I'm against it :P
-
Don't worry about it, I can add you to the queue :)
-
It is indeed. There's a slight delay, due to all the IRL stuff going on, but you will get what you ask for :)
-
Send me a PM, I'll sort out your server for you. I have around 6 years of experience as a sysadmin and have fairly extensive knowledge of most *NIX systems. I don't claim to know everything, I'm not that good, but I can fix most problems :)
-
$selectUsers = $db->query("SELECT `userid` FROM `users` WHERE `gang` = ".$gangdata['gangID']); while($row = $db->fetch_row($selectUsers)) $db->query("DELETE FROM `inventory` WHERE `inv_borrowed` = 'yes' AND `inv_userid` = ".$row['userid']); $db->query("UPDATE `users` SET `equip_primary` = IF(`equip_primary_loaned` = 'yes', 0, `equip_primary`), `equip_secondary` = IF(`equip_secondary_loaned` = 'yes', 0, `equip_secondary`), `equip_armor` = IF(`equip_armor_loaned` = 'yes', 0, `equip_armor`) WHERE `gang` = ".$gangdata['gangID']);
-
That requires an update to the attack.php (by default). Find the place where the DELETE FROM `gangs` [...] query is, then add below: $db->query("DELETE FROM `gang_armoury` WHERE `gang` = ".$gangdata['gangID']); Replace $gangdata['gangID'] with whatever the gang ID variable is
-
I like that idea. I'll need better instruction than that. You haven't given me enough information on what you want And you will!
-
Topic died.. REVIVAL! This is still available. I can also code something up for gRPG if needed. Just tell me what you want and which platform you want it for :)
-
I saw my name O.o
-
Naturally, I use MySQL Events. Unfortunately, not every host allows you to do this by default. Enabling the event scheduler can be quite the arse if your host doesn't like it. However, as I host my own sites, I don't need to worry about that and will continue to use MySQL Events until something better is written to replace them
-
Without first understanding what those variables are used for, simply changing += to = would not be a good idea. What you should've done *above* those three lines was add this: $stat1 = 0; $stat2 = 0; $stat3 = 0; What the code was doing is this: It was trying to add on to a non-set variable
-
You could also edit docrime.php to include more attributes. On a game I use to work on, I edited it to include the player's stats - went down a treat
-
Alright guys, enough now. Back on topic: Anyone willing to help Ben do the trivial content generation on his game that would otherwise bore the s**t out of me? (Means, I'm not)
-
Donator Packs - Items & More
Magictallguy replied to Reecey12345's topic in Requests & In Production
Seconded. I've never used it personally, but I have seen it on games I've worked on. Definitely worth the money -
Have you tried RedBean? One of the best ORMs I've ever used!
-
Alright Alan, you've piqued my interest. Put my name in the hat for Game Administrator please :)
-
Secure my game to the maximum [Payment]
Magictallguy replied to Reecey12345's topic in Requests & In Production
£5 for a £500 job? You've got no chance there -
Fine, your loss.. I give good massages!
-
Hey! I didn't say no.. I said "Get a train to Bolton! :P"
-
Again, I was/am groggy. That was bad phrasing, sorry about that. I meant $db = mysqli_connect('yada yada') instead of $db = new mysqli('yada yada');
-
I have always preferred OOP with procedural-style functions. Always have, always will. I have multiple arguments to support my preference, but I've recently had a tooth pulled - so I'm a little groggy :P
-
[In Prod.] Enhanced Registration
Magictallguy replied to KyleMassacre's topic in Requests & In Production
+1 for that sir! Well said -
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to sniko again. Sorry sniks :P
-
[In Prod.] Enhanced Registration
Magictallguy replied to KyleMassacre's topic in Requests & In Production
Ugh, MD5.. Other than the obvious flaw with using MD5, your system is decent. I like it :) To battle the MD5 flaw, I'd do something like this: ALTER TABLE `users` ADD `newpass` ENUM('yes','no') NOT NULL DEFAULT 'no', CHANGE `userpass` `userpass` TEXT NOT NULL; Then run a select upon the authenticate (which it does, you'll just need to add in `newpass`) function mtgCrypt($pass) { return crypt($pass, '$6$rounds=5000$someSaltHard_CodedIn$'); } if((md5($_POST['password']) == $r['userpass'] AND $r['newpass'] == 'no') OR (mtgCrypt($_POST['password']) == $r['userpass'] AND $r['newpass'] == 'yes')) { // Correct details entered. Update the user's password to the new system. if($r['newpass'] == 'no') $db->query("UPDATE `users` SET `userpass` = '".mtgCrypt($_POST['password'])."', `newpass` = 'yes' WHERE `userid` = ".$r['userid']); // Handle the rest of the login $_SESSION['userid'] = $r['userid']; $_SESSION['loggedin'] = true; header("Location: loggedin.php"); exit; } else { // Login failed. Send them back to login.php with details as to why or handle it here } Using something like this system is how I've managed to convert multiple games using MD5 into something (currently) irreversible. Try it, and see what happens ;)