MakeWebGames

MCCode v3

Cronus

Re: MCCode v3

Well the callback idea would only work if he encoded all the php with something like ioncube, Which would mean that the script cannot be edited :S. Because if he dosent encode well someone can just delete the callback and viola the script has been nulled.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it has top notch security and a licence thingy that call's back to the manufacture's site and check's that it is not a distributed copy then i would happily pay round about $250 - $400

Call back =

you install script on your site and first thing the script does = send signal to manufactures site

then manufactures site check if the key is correct then send's back a signal to the site that has been installed

and if it find's multiple site's running the same key it disables it (e.g. maybe max 2 site's you can have running on it and if you want more you have to pay for more) :)

reminds me of the army. send a signal xD

if mcv2 is unsuccessful why do you all use it? lol answer that lol

on another note mc v3 sounds like its going to be amazing and i personally think it should be prices 200-400 bucks since it sounds to be more secure and took longer to build.

but i guess it could be more depends on how good it is.

dabs is only 16? wow

Dabs did not do a bad job on the DBS gaming engine it is easy to work with sure there are some bugs but like they say he is a 16yr old teenager there will be mistakes. I will give him props on it I am not gonna buy V3 *if ever comes out* right off the back I want to see a demo to see what it has etc.. what new features comes with or is it just a V2 spiced up.

Guest Anonymous

Q. What is the big shakes about DBS/MCcodes V3?

V1 ~ 5k lines

V2 ~ 25k lines -- no significant advance over V1

V3 ~ ?

As a learning tool, V1/V2 is IMO a great big can of worms - people assume that because it's for sale as a commercial entity, it must be secure, well produced, easy to maintain and build upon. You really think that V3 is going to be any different?

Look at the number of ripped games out there -- Loads, and they all suffer from the same basic problems as each other. Okay, so people have suggested encryption/encoding. Erm 'scuse me guys, but this helps nobody. Even IonCube'd is actually relatively simple process to reverse engineer *if* you know what you are doing. Plus of course that modifications and/or bugfixes (of which I'm sure there will be several thousand) become rather more difficult to implement,

Initially, I fell into the trap and assumed the V2 was a better product than V1. IMO it's nowhere near it. V1 is more easily extended as there is less rubbish to remove and far less lines to patch. These days, it's easier and far faster to write something from scratch.

I've supposedly been asked onto the V3 team (although I take that with a pinch of salt), but one thing is for sure - I won't be a part of it. The initial developers were young when they created it, and by all accounts are still young, so while their knowledge will have improved - to what extent? Have they been working in commercial organizations writing high-availability software, 100% transaction safe, and using all the latest recommendations from those people fortunate enough to be part of PHP? Probably not - which simple leads me to think that V3 - if it indeed ever raises it's ugly head above the plimsole line - will be as frakked as V1/V2.

/my 2pence.

• 2 weeks later...

Probably around $300

If dabs/coldblooded use ioncube to secure the amount of redistribution it could possibly be worth more, not that ioncube increases the value but they could certainly be making more money because people may actually BUY a copy if they were that interested in it.

Zero-Affect do you know what ioncube is?

If not:

It is a type of encryption that php does not have a function to decode it (im not sure about this) But some one could easily make a function if they look at the current encoding...

Now again if they ioncube it, the code is not editable wich will be a waste to purchase for $300 of course some one is going to decode it and sell it for $50 wich then people will buy that, best solution for mccode's is that they just purchase copy right.

• 11 months later...

To this point in time, Mccode V1,V2, And Now V3.

If you have a team of coders working on this thing that is young, Your chances of getting a great game engine is dull.

Listen, PHP engines are just like the econmy.

If you buy a car, There is something either already wrong with it, Or the manufacturer has some tweeks in it.

Therefor, No matter what the circumstances are, Mechanics Are always going to have a job to do.

So, Per say, CB and the coding team creates a wonderful game engine, Planned out nice, Coding is great, Security is decent.

What you and some others prolly dont know, Is there are some tweeks and turns they may do so you ALL have coding jobs. Fixing,De-Bugging,Etc Etc.

Even if V3 is not "wonderful" in your eyes, In the world of PHP, its wonderful Knowledge that him and the team has put into the game engine.

As i would love to consume a copy, I can't, Because as you said, The price is outrageous for me. (lol)

• 3 months later...