MakeWebGames

MCCode v3

Cronus

How much do you think it will sell for if it is released?

Please post.

This is giving the following:

New, interesting changes, mods, etc.

Bug fixes and open hacks gone.

Actual bug fixes if there is an error.

Generally better, more efficient code.

Just curious, how much do you think a good price is?

And don't just put $5, I actually wanna know. :lol:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: MCCode v3

Well I'd personally say $200-$250 because V2 was not worth it's $300. DB is older than he was when he coded before so I assume his skills have increased :). Even though V2 was unsuccessful by the end, I admire Dabomstew as at a young age of under 16, it's quite an achievement coding a whole base and template game which is used by thousands of people.

Anyway, hope to see it released soon, and I guess it'll be alot better than before.

Well I'm actually new to this entire thing of selling scripts for text based games, I didn't even know so many people were interested.. anyhow, I would guess the cost shouldn't change much at all on a product, perhaps it would start slightly higher and then the price would be dropped on future sales..

Well if it does actually come out, i would like to see it first, what comes with it etc and how secure it is, as people have said $250-$300 sounds reasonble, i heard something about it being $700. I would rather eat a ferral cat then pay that for a V3 Code!

I don't think it will be $700

I would say $10 if it is like v2 not very secure and also easily distibuted....

If the secuirty has been upped severly then $25

If it has protection then around $200 for people who have bought mccode 1 or 2 and $250 for people who havn't

If it has some nice new unique ideas then well the price could go up and up depending on the features.

But if it has security at a reasonable level and copyright e.t.c.. to help stop it being redistubed then around $400 for first time buyers and $300 for second if you get what i mean.

If it has top notch security and a licence thingy that call's back to the manufacture's site and check's that it is not a distributed copy then i would happily pay round about $250 - $400

Call back =

you install script on your site and first thing the script does = send signal to manufactures site

then manufactures site check if the key is correct then send's back a signal to the site that has been installed

and if it find's multiple site's running the same key it disables it (e.g. maybe max 2 site's you can have running on it and if you want more you have to pay for more) :)