MakeWebGames

MCCode v3

Cronus

Not sure if McCode 3 will one day come out. But what I'm sure I don't want to see, is yet another 1000 or more mafia / gangster games. Sorry but this is just PLAIN TIRING. Hey guys can't you have a bit of diversity? I know McCode doesn't help here as it comes ready to be used (yes forget the security of course) as "mafia / gangster" game.... and therefore people simply don't modify it. So for me it's not an engine, it's a full game. For me an engine should be the base to let you build more easily something, and not something you plug and you have all. But again, that's my opinion, and as Zero said, there is other options... to checkout ;)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if McCode 3 will one day come out. But what I'm sure I don't want to see, is yet another 1000 or more mafia / gangster games. Sorry but this is just PLAIN TIRING. Hey guys can't you have a bit of diversity? I know McCode doesn't help here as it comes ready to be used (yes forget the security of course) as "mafia / gangster" game.... and therefore people simply don't modify it. So for me it's not an engine, it's a full game. For me an engine should be the base to let you build more easily something, and not something you plug and you have all. But again, that's my opinion, and as Zero said, there is other options... to checkout ;)

I do actually agree with you there a very valid point, MC is more like a game rather than a engine monocity.com anyone... lol

The MC team need to think more global not local as it were, They need to get away from the TornCity (lookalike) engine and create something from scratch. They however have sold quite alot of copies of MCv2 in the past but then again there market is open alot more due to the major downfall you pointed out Alain (they give you a game not a engine). More options to change, more ability to edit and more freedom is exactly what these people need.

I thinki it will be 250$ I don't see it being worth more than mcv2. No matter how good they secure it. Most people are real smart so regardless how they lock it down Most peopl ewill still use it freely, but ti don't matter I think here is how they should do it.

Make the engine,

get at leat 25 buyers then sell for 250$ and wow u made a wopping amount of cash

where if he sold it 1 by 1 by the time it hits the 5th buyer 400 copies have been stolen.

MC codes has always been boring the same thing over and over - this is what im on about.

The price i understand will be considerable as they will obviously be trying to cut it with the more professional versions of Game Engines, MC is not the only game engine available nor is it unique. If they want to sell it for 250 USD then they need to make it more unique and way better gameplay.

MonoDistrict i have the pleasure of BETA testing on (older version) it was MCV2 with abit of ajax... fun (not).

So CB and Dabs need to work out if they are going to sell a used up piece of junk with afew edits or recode it and actually make something people will buy who have more than 2 brain cells. If it is anything like MC v2 i recommend DO NOT BUY, limited copies is a fantastic idea but i'd say something like 300 USD each selling 100 copies.

Then it's worth the hassle for 30,000 USD have a count down script signifying the amount of copies left and your set...

they obviously 6 months later could come out with a v2 for 300 and drop the v1 price to 200 (if any are avilable). obviously people will use pirate copies but i believe it's easier to keep track of 100 copies than 1000 so seeing who's is fake is optional

Magictallguy informed some of us that 'MCCodes v3' Is in production and is a lot more secure and the modifications are better. He said that MCCodes will be downing the price of MCCodes v2 and then the price of v3 will be around $300 - $350 or so. I'm not saying he's correct. But he was offerd a place at MCCodes so i kinda believe