MakeWebGames

The future of Gangster Legends ...

Dayo

Let me start off with saying Gangster Legends and Gangster Legends Premium will be around to stay for the foreseeable future. But there will be some major changes to the game engine. The first and biggest change will be de-coupling the game engine from the game (if that makes sense).

The core game engine will be a stripped down version of Gangster Legends, removing all Gangster/Mafia aspects of the game. The core engine will then be rebranded as openPBBG. Gangster Legends will become a module bundle (like Gangster Legends premium currently is) that is very easy to install. 

OpenPBBG will now ship with the current theme builder with some upgrades (including the upgrade form bootstrap 3 to bootstrap 5, with a converter to keep backwards compatibility)

Over the next few months i will be working on some more generic non-mafia style mods and themes to open up more opportunities to developers.

If there are any genres that you think would be good to work on please post below 😉 

• Like 4

Awesome! Looking forward to it.

I personally wouldn't add a specific genre but more specifify the function which will then leave it truly open to peoples imagination.

Making it easy for people to understand how to amend and change the front such as bullets to arrows as the mechanic is still the same but from a name change has a different feel.

5 hours ago, Theories said:

I personally wouldn't add a specific genre but more specifify the function which will then leave it truly open to peoples imagination.

It will be genre less out of the box but ill be making several mods so that people can make it into the genre they want

5 hours ago, Theories said:

Making it easy for people to understand how to amend and change the front such as bullets to arrows as the mechanic is still the same but from a name change has a different feel.

There wont even be bullets in the game that will be a module

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I noted that in 2.5.1 has php 8 support. Would the latest version be php 8+ compliant? I'm mindful that I am still on php 7.4 that is now depreciated and worries me a bit that its so out of date. Even if someone in the know (more than I am) to how I can make the code compliant myself perhaps?

I'm now of better understanding that GL works with php8+ so my issue now is getting my game up to date to work with it.

bows head...im now on version 8 .....

now on 8.2 lol but have broken some things though like clans

• 3 months later...