MakeWebGames

[SPADE] SPADE Engine is Officially Released!

gamble

11 hours ago, gamble said:

It should be as easy as going to your domain /api/core.php/engine/install

As a side note I have lowered the price on the paid version, a MAJOR update and version 2 will be coming out soonish. Still finalizing how I want some things to be done, but I'll also be releasing a game along side it to show some potential. I know the demo site is down, but I'll get one up again soon!

i would buy paid version... but.... i don't know how to install even.

12 hours ago, gamble said:

It should be as easy as going to your domain /api/core.php/engine/install

As a side note I have lowered the price on the paid version, a MAJOR update and version 2 will be coming out soonish. Still finalizing how I want some things to be done, but I'll also be releasing a game along side it to show some potential. I know the demo site is down, but I'll get one up again soon!

this did not work

this is where i got to

Screenshot 2023-07-17 7.30.41 PM.png

this is where i got to

this is where i got to

this is where i got toScreenshot2023-07-177_30_41PM.png.31638b0ed896b231cff5c7b18f4342b1.png

I just tried downloading it and installing it and I could not get it to work. I could be my environment because I am using PHP8.2 and noticed that it was using short tags which should be removed which causes the php files to render in plain text and dynamic property creation in classes which throws errors. 

After fixing that stuff, I still cannot get to the installer route which I believe the crown class is throwing errors in the foreach loop because there are no rows being returned from the database

2 hours ago, KyleMassacre said:

I just tried downloading it and installing it and I could not get it to work. I could be my environment because I am using PHP8.2 and noticed that it was using short tags which should be removed which causes the php files to render in plain text and dynamic property creation in classes which throws errors. 

After fixing that stuff, I still cannot get to the installer route which I believe the crown class is throwing errors in the foreach loop because there are no rows being returned from the database

Yup this is why I'm working on 2.0 because as mentioned it was developed in php7 without me realizing. The issue is with the API.php it uses the....oh shit I can't remember and not at my laptop...it's with the function that gets the filepath from the url. Doesn't work in php8 without nginx modification. When I get on my PC again I'll be a bit more specific...my notes in my phone say changing to use REQUEST_URI and REQUEST_SCRIPT so maybe that gives some direction until I can give a better more specific answer

3 hours ago, Dustin Rohel said:

oops my bad, didnt mean to spam

login didnt work no error showing

i tried

domain name/api/core.php/engine/install

got no file found

here this is what i get

Screenshot 2023-07-17 7.37.22 PM.png

If you're getting a 500 there for sure should be a log in cpanel you can view. On the same directory as "public_html" there should be a loga directory with a .log file in it if you get the error from there that could help a lot. I know at the moment the engine is a mess which is why I'm trying to rebuild it and clean it up a lot

If you're having trouble installing make sure you have short tags enabled in php.ini as well as that's used throughout. I had that issue. Of course you can go through and revise the short tags.

Edited by Seridam

43 minutes ago, Seridam said:

If you're having trouble installing make sure you have short tags enabled in php.ini as well as that's used throughout. I had that issue. Of course you can go through and revise the short tags.

Yeah this is definitely an annoyance for sure! I'll see if tonight I can transfer the current engine to run on 8.1 at the minimum. It'll save you guys all a lot of headache for trying to install on newer php versions. I don't believe it'll take too much to change it over. Just the php tags and other minor improvements/changes

3 hours ago, KyleMassacre said:

I just realized my post said “crown” class. It’s supposed to say “cron”. But thanks for the info

Oh sorry for the misunderstanding on my part! It was 1am I was a bit out of it lol. If you need any help let me know. As mentioned above I'll try and get a version working for php8.1 tonight (I'd assume that would also work on 8.2...but we'll see)

• Like 1

The installer hook did not want to fire for me - though that could be due to running on localhost in a subdirectory.

After extracting the db structure from the code and generating a .sql for it, I was able to create an account and log in.
I quite like your approach to this. That cron management system is niiiice! Overall, I'd say this is a great basis for a game. Pretty easy to extend too.
I'll continue exploring the code and see if I can come up with some mods for it. 🙂

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Magictallguy said:

The installer hook did not want to fire for me - though that could be due to running on localhost in a subdirectory.

After extracting the db structure from the code and generating a .sql for it, I was able to create an account and log in.
I quite like your approach to this. That cron management system is niiiice! Overall, I'd say this is a great basis for a game. Pretty easy to extend too.
I'll continue exploring the code and see if I can come up with some mods for it. 🙂

In a nutshell, basically the same issue I was having. Although I still haven’t got in but haven’t manually ran the sqls

• 4 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Zerex said:

Very interested in getting this engine - Currently looking for an engine to get back into things!

Should I hold out until this v2 version that I read about?

Version 2 could be a while out. I'm working on it but it's quite the task. There is a free version you can mess around with though! It's a bit off a different way of thinking. This engine is JavaScript heavy, and the PHP is very minimal

On 7/22/2023 at 8:09 AM, Magictallguy said:

I never seen this post until just now! I'm sorry!

I'm glad you got it to work! I've been meaning to get a php8 version made but have been super busy lately. I tried with using multi-php or whatever it's called here on MWG hosting, but I basically took the .in from 7.3 and copied it to 8.2 or whatever. So it still worked. I'll have to make a fresh account or something to start on the raw php8. 

I'm so a bit shocked you liked the cron system. I spent forever developing it and making sure it worked properly but I found the cron table to be too restrictive. I am proud however of the complete "only run when needed" architecture it has. Where it only runs crons on data being pulled/needed.

• Like 1