MakeWebGames

Issues installing V2.4.1 from Guthub

Uridium

Ive tried to install the GL to no success on the newest version of Xampp

errors are

There was an error!

File: D:\xampp\htdocs\gangster\class\nbbc.php
Line: 155
Error: Uncaught TypeError: count(): Argument #1 ($value) must be of type Countable|array, null given in D:\xampp\htdocs\gangster\class\nbbc.php:155 Stack trace: #0 D:\xampp\htdocs\gangster\class\nbbc.php(1953): BBCodeLexer->NextToken() #1 D:\xampp\htdocs\gangster\class\pageElement.php(56): BBCode->Parse('GL v2 successfu...') #2 D:\xampp\htdocs\gangster\class\pageElement.php(69): pageElement->convertBBCodeToHTML('GL v2 successfu...') #3 [internal function]: pageElement->{closure}(Object(Handlebars\Template), Object(Handlebars\Context), 'text', '') #4 D:\xampp\htdocs\gangster\class\Handlebars\Template.php(255): call_user_func_array(Object(Closure), Array) #5 D:\xampp\htdocs\gangster\class\Handlebars\Template.php(148): Handlebars\Template->section(Object(Handlebars\Context), Array) #6 D:\xampp\htdocs\gangster\class\Handlebars\Helpers.php(298): Handlebars\Template->render(Object(Handlebars\Context)) #7 [internal function]: Handlebars\Helpers->helperEach(Object(Handlebars\Template), Object(Handlebars\Context), 'news', '\n ...') #8 D:\xampp\htdocs\gangster\class\Handlebars\Template.php(255): call_user_func_array(Array, Array) #9 D:\xampp\htdocs\gangster\class\Handlebars\Template.php(148): Handlebars\Template->section(Object(Handlebars\Context), Array) #10 D:\xampp\htdocs\gangster\class\Handlebars\Handlebars.php(180): Handlebars\Template->render(Object(Handlebars\Context)) #11 D:\xampp\htdocs\gangster\class\pageElement.php(91): Handlebars\Handlebars->render('\n\n <...', Array) #12 D:\xampp\htdocs\gangster\class\pageElement.php(141): pageElement->templateToHTML('\n\n <...', Array) #13 D:\xampp\htdocs\gangster\class\page.php(346): pageElement->parse() #14 D:\xampp\htdocs\gangster\modules\installed\loggedin\loggedin.inc.php(31): page->buildElement('newsArticle', Array) #15 D:\xampp\htdocs\gangster\class\module.php(30): loggedin->constructModule() #16 D:\xampp\htdocs\gangster\class\page.php(144): module->__construct() #17 D:\xampp\htdocs\gangster\class\page.php(58): page->load('loggedin') #18 D:\xampp\htdocs\gangster\init.php(86): page->loadPage('loggedin') #19 D:\xampp\htdocs\gangster\index.php(5): require('D:\\xampp\\htdocs...') #20 {main} thrown
Type: E_RECOVERABLE_ERROR

Hmm i managed to get this installed but had to set 

class/nbbc.php on line 154 to false rather than true..

not sure thats a great fix but it seems to have done the trick

Ive managed to whittle the error down to the BBCODE which on PHP 8 it doesnt seem to like

Dayo just replace the nbbc.php with the 4 month old version

19 hours ago, Dayo said:

Ill have a look at this as the php file didn't work for php 7 and i want to avoid two files for the different versions tbh

Ive tested the file on 7.4 and 8 and both work perfectly

Edited by Uridium
no need for the code

There were numerous error reports when i used that version i need to set up a proper test environment with several PHP/MySQL versions and do a full compatibility check, for now i cant see me dropping support for php <7.4 as its still quite a large chunk of systems

33 minutes ago, Dayo said:

There were numerous error reports when i used that version i need to set up a proper test environment with several PHP/MySQL versions and do a full compatibility check, for now i cant see me dropping support for php <7.4 as its still quite a large chunk of systems

yep tried it on 7.0 and had number of errors

error: syntax error, unexpected '' (t_encapsed_and_whitespace), expecting identifier (t_string) or variable (t_variable) or number (t_num_string)

line 801 is the culprit which is

$urlParts['host'] = $part;

ive done a { and } count and they are not equal on the updated nbbc.php version which works on php 7.3 - 8.0+

{ = 216

} = 214

Not sure if its NOTEPAD++ but on line 28 which has a { there is no end also line 745 has a {  and no end..

The <<<REGX line 747 doesnt seem to end