MakeWebGames

LotGD

peterisgb

Some here may know, Specially the older groups.

I've managed to get my hands on Legends of the Green Dragon script with 1,000+ modules.

So I've ran an Old version of Wamp due to PHP support. Its only seems to run on php5.3

What i am looking for is, Is there some kind of wrapper i could use to make the old scripts work or know of a host that still supports php5.3

Its abit of a long reach, Worst case scenario is i setup wampserver to the world but then that means hosting it on my PC which isnt what i want to do.

Anything help or advice here would be greatly appreciated. 

Incase anyone is wanting to find a server host supporting php most PHP versions including php 5.3 you can use this site.
awardspace.net
It has a free option and there are cheap paid versions.

This is the only site i have found so far that claims to have php5.3 and actually have it.

On 7/4/2021 at 5:18 PM, peterisgb said:

Incase anyone is wanting to find a server host supporting php most PHP versions including php 5.3 you can use this site.
awardspace.net
It has a free option and there are cheap paid versions.

This is the only site i have found so far that claims to have php5.3 and actually have it.

If anyone is looking a for a Dev space for php5 let me know as can just install it on my server have plenty of space available currently as only use as development server 

@peterisgbyou can shim things like MySQL than suppress all warnings / notices which aren’t important to run it on a more modern version.

It’s actually what I did for PS, so I could upgrade code iteratively rather than trying to fix the whole thing at once.

5 hours ago, peterisgb said:

[...]
MTG said i could shim things but it something i haven't done before so didn't know what i was doing.

Somewhat related to the topic; a shim is just a file of functions with the old names doing the new things. To use, you'd simply include it into a core file