MakeWebGames

Gangster Legends V2.4.0 - Pre Release

Dayo

2 hours ago, Dayo said:

I will have to go and check the backwards compatibility with php 7 as that is more mainstream atm, not everyone is able to upgrade php so easily

tbh when i converted it to support PHP8 i didnt do alot of testing in php7 and if i did it would have been the latest version just before release of 8. if i remember correctly though i didnt add anything that is solely a PHP8 feature to try and keep backwards compatibility 

2 hours ago, AinzOoalGown said:

Awesome 🙂

This is a cool community with very helpful people. Engine is worth every penny as well.

Thanks URBANZ but didn't work. Tried to replace file with a fresh copy and upgrade PHP to version 8. After upgrading PHP I get a new error:

There was an error! File: /home/galactic/public_html/class/pageElement.php Line: 64 Error: Uncaught Error: Class "Handlebars\Handlebars" not found in /home/galactic/public_html/class/pageElement.php:64 Stack trace: #0 /home/galactic/public_html/class/pageElement.php(141): pageElement->templateToHTML('\n ...', Array) #1 /home/galactic/public_html/class/page.php(343): pageElement->parse() #2 /home/galactic/public_html/modules/installed/login/login.inc.php(21): page->buildElement('loginForm') #3 /home/galactic/public_html/class/module.php(30): login->constructModule() #4 /home/galactic/public_html/class/page.php(144): module->__construct() #5 /home/galactic/public_html/class/page.php(58): page->load('login') #6 /home/galactic/public_html/init.php(93): page->loadPage('login') #7 /home/galactic/public_html/index.php(5): require('/home/galactic/...') #8 {main} thrown Type: E_RECOVERABLE_ERROR

There was an error!
File: /home/galactic/public_html/class/pageElement.php
Line: 64
Error: Uncaught Error: Class "Handlebars\Handlebars" not found in /home/galactic/public_html/class/pageElement.php:64 Stack trace: #0 /home/galactic/public_html/class/pageElement.php(141): pageElement->templateToHTML('\n ...', Array) #1 /home/galactic/public_html/class/page.php(343): pageElement->parse() #2 /home/galactic/public_html/modules/installed/login/login.inc.php(21): page->buildElement('loginForm') #3 /home/galactic/public_html/class/module.php(30): login->constructModule() #4 /home/galactic/public_html/class/page.php(144): module->__construct() #5 /home/galactic/public_html/class/page.php(58): page->load('login') #6 /home/galactic/public_html/init.php(93): page->loadPage('login') #7 /home/galactic/public_html/index.php(5): require('/home/galactic/...') #8 {main} thrown
Type: E_RECOVERABLE_ERROR

EDIT: Seen your fix above for  "Handlebars\Handlebars" and after doing that looks like everything is working 😄 thanks. Will do more testing and report any bugs.

no problem glad it got the problem solved for you.

• Thanks 1

When this is fully released will previous mods still be compatible or need changed in anyway? Such as will all the mods that were for V2 work in this version?

I got the V2 Premium previously, so just want to know if installing the "extra" mods that came with it will work. Just so I can prepare, as I am going to do a full fresh install and start a new with what I have learned 😛

Thanks

6 minutes ago, AinzOoalGown said:

When this is fully released will previous mods still be compatible or need changed in anyway? Such as will all the mods that were for V2 work in this version?

I got the V2 Premium previously, so just want to know if installing the "extra" mods that came with it will work. Just so I can prepare, as I am going to do a full fresh install and start a new with what I have learned 😛

Thanks

I’ll previous mods should be backwards compatible, I know my mods will be but I can’t say for certain others will 

10 hours ago, athena26 said:

Hey I'm thinking of buying this engine if that's okay and I might need help on it ☺️ just for me to start understanding how it works .

The engine itself is free.

3 hours ago, Sim said:

Premium isn't, but in the meantime you can download the free version to get yourself familiar with it.

Will this version have a premium? And if so will previous purchase of a premium version still count for this new premium version?

Edit: Cant believe I said premium and versions 3 times lol😛

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AinzOoalGown said:

Will this version have a premium? And if so will previous purchase of a premium version still count for this new premium version?

Edit: Cant believe I said premium and versions 3 times lol😛

GLPremium will always support any version of GL V2.X.X And previous purchases get free updates to the latest version

• Like 1

• Dayo locked, unpinned, unfeatured and pinned this topic