MakeWebGames

Work Setups

Dayo

1 hour ago, Sim said:

What kind of work you do @Dayo

My main day to day job is developing heating system applications, like hive but for large industrial settings. I’ve worked from home for 3years and the office is 2 hours away so I keep a lot of spares here

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dayo said:

My main day to day job is developing heating system applications, like hive but for large industrial settings. I’ve worked from home for 3years and the office is 2 hours away so I keep a lot of spares here

Like the nest thermostats. I install those for people. They are a pain to configure. They take to long to set up when one should be able to just connect wires, turn to heat or AC and work. Not have to set up, go threw manual and figure out what certain code #s mean. I been doing some HVAC. A pain in the ass. Abouut to quit sometime soon. Might try another company.

3 hours ago, Sim said:

Like the nest thermostats. I install those for people. They are a pain to configure. They take to long to set up when one should be able to just connect wires, turn to heat or AC and work. Not have to set up, go threw manual and figure out what certain code #s mean. I been doing some HVAC. A pain in the ass. Abouut to quit sometime soon. Might try another company.

Not the thermostats them selfs but the whole system that controls the heating, i write the software in place of the thermostat 

To continue this off-topic trend, gotta agree, can't go wrong with PhpStorm and VSCode. I use PhpStorm as my main driver and use VSCode for lightweight coding/Salesforce related work. I've pretty used them all, Netbeans, Eclipse (yes, they had (have?) a PHP IDE, not very good), Atom, Sublime, Brackets etc.

P.S: Great setup @Dayo, looks very clean

Edited by Script47

On 2/6/2021 at 2:29 AM, Script47 said:

To continue this off-topic trend, gotta agree, can't go wrong with PhpStorm and VSCode. I use PhpStorm as my main driver and use VSCode for lightweight coding/Salesforce related work. I've pretty used them all, Netbeans, Eclipse (yes, they had (have?) a PHP IDE, not very good), Atom, Sublime, Brackets etc.

P.S: Great setup @Dayo, looks very clean

I mainly use Sublime purely because im use to all the keyboard shortcuts, when coding I only use the mouse to change tab/view

On 2/5/2021 at 9:10 PM, Sim said:

What language is that written in?

The web interface is mainly PHP and JS, the cloud software are a mic of PHP/JS and Node.js, the actual controller boards for the heating are coded using C