MakeWebGames

Automatic Awards Removal

URBANZ

good move to secure ur code, but keep the mod page and dont upload the files add a txt file for how to contact u and then they get the file directly from you

this way ur mod will be still known and show in the market.

GL engine need a licence / security to protect the sellers

like you said urban we have to upgrade the mod installer with a connect ur MWG account with only one session each 

With recent events i decided to protect my code for now before it too late, when a better system is in place i will use marketplace in the future. Maybe a MWG marketplace loader for each engine and no direct download of the module just adds it the the engine from ACP with API help. this could potentially reduce numbers of shared code.

The problem with all of this is it’s all open source software. There is nothing stopping people removing checks etc ...

you can’t really have calls to external servers as a game like mine with 1m hits a day would add too much overhead. Your also need that server to always be up forever 

59 minutes ago, Dayo said:

The problem with all of this is it’s all open source software. There is nothing stopping people removing checks etc ...

you can’t really have calls to external servers as a game like mine with 1m hits a day would add too much overhead. Your also need that server to always be up forever 

yes this is very true never going to be a true way of stopping people sharing code but handling it personally with updates etc might be the best with only selling to trusted people.

1 hour ago, Dayo said:

Wow, your game gets 1mill/hits/day?

1 hour ago, Sim said:

Onve your game gets that, then come back and say it doesn't take much wise guy

not saying its not a good thing obviously takes work but hits compared to unique hits 2 different things. not trying to be a wise guy get off your DH pedestal and STFD

If you want me to be a wise guy no problem i can do that but dont say i didnt warn you.

Edited by urbanmafia

7 hours ago, Sim said:

Wow, your game gets 1mill/hits/day?

Yup last 30 days 32m request 9.2k unique visitors but a lot of my players use VPNs so it’s not accurate. I would say there is about 3-500 unique a day.

but let’s get back on topic ...

We can add more checks on install of who and where you are installing but it still doesn’t stop people viewing source code and sharing it. 

you can always see about contacting a lawyer about copyright infringement, you may have to pay them 50% of the settlement, but it acts as a deterrent.

Ive personally had no issues selling mods here and to pull them from the market place because one idiot hasn’t grown up only hurts you and your income revenue going forward 

9 minutes ago, Dayo said:

Yup last 30 days 32m request 9.2k unique visitors but a lot of my players use VPNs so it’s not accurate. I would say there is about 3-500 unique a day.

but let’s get back on topic ...

We can add more checks on install of who and where you are installing but it still doesn’t stop people viewing source code and sharing it. 

you can always see about contacting a lawyer about copyright infringement, you may have to pay them 50% of the settlement, but it acts as a deterrent.

Ive personally had no issues selling mods here and to pull them from the market place because one idiot hasn’t grown up only hurts you and your income revenue going forward 

yes never going to be a solid 100% way of stopping anything like this without using ion or zend which is never a good option for people that want to change things with the code and not an option i would personally use.

Legal way is the way i would always do things as its property and no different to anything else and would definitely deter people from doing it.

I couldnt agree more with that it does effect income and i will still be looking to use marketplace in the future as i have alot of modules to publish and still gives developers a good way to make extra money, nothing against the service at all, dave has done a excellent job with it. 

• Like 2