MakeWebGames

Important notice

ColdBlooded

1 hour ago, Dayo said:

I keep meaning to remake McCodes using GL but I always go to start and think “Hurmm that’s a lot to do … maybe next week”

im doing that on GL and more like torn than just mcc and let me tell ya, its soo much work, some times i just drom work mid way and start next mod 😄 

but soon we gonna open the closed beta we will need some player to test the game 🙂 

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...
18 hours ago, Zerex said:

Just how out of date is the latest version of McCodes v2?

Is it usable as a base as is out of the box?

It will not run on PHP 8 without minor edits (primarily removals of magic_quotes calls in a couple of core files and a removal/tweak of the gethostbyaddr() calls in viewuser.php). After those minor fixes, it seems to run ok on my localhost and a public-facing webserver, though it will fill up the error log depending on your error reporting setting.
PHP 7 seems to be a little more forgiving, it's less-restrictive rulesets allow MCCv2.0.5b to run. Again, however, it will generate a few notices/warnings for the error log.
PHP 5.6 doesn't seems to give a rats butt -  it runs fine.
MySQL, all major versions since (and including) version 5 seem to take it fine.

I'd advise a number of optimisations - both to the code and the database - but that'd be another topic for another time.

4 minutes ago, Magictallguy said:

It will not run on PHP 8 without minor edits (primarily removals of magic_quotes calls in a couple of core files and a removal/tweak of the gethostbyaddr() calls in viewuser.php). After those minor fixes, it seems to run ok on my localhost and a public-facing webserver, though it will fill up the error log depending on your error reporting setting.
PHP 7 seems to be a little more forgiving, it's less-restrictive rulesets allow MCCv2.0.5b to run. Again, however, it will generate a few notices/warnings for the error log.
PHP 5.6 doesn't seems to give a rats butt -  it runs fine.
MySQL, all major versions since (and including) version 5 seem to take it fine.

I'd advise a number of optimisations - both to the code and the database - but that'd be another topic for another time.

Thank you for the explanation.

I appreciate the breakdown.

I imagine Mccodes V1 was never updated for PHP 7?

2 minutes ago, Zerex said:

Thank you for the explanation.

I appreciate the breakdown.

I imagine Mccodes V1 was never updated for PHP 7?

No worries!
And no, I don't believe so. Updating it, I imagine, wouldn't be such a massive undertaking - it's a pretty small engine, and good practice! 😄

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Magictallguy said:

No worries!
And no, I don't believe so. Updating it, I imagine, wouldn't be such a massive undertaking - it's a pretty small engine, and good practice! 😄

I guess that will be my first challenge then.

It's nice to see a huge library of free modules to play with so I'm hoping to pick it all up pretty fast, from what I've seen it looks real simple.