MakeWebGames

New boards?

I know the forum structure has already been discussed, but, are we going to get new boards?

I am not an McCode's developer. I'd do it if you had deep pockets, but, this isn't the type of forum for that. So, how about discussing other topics. Obviously I'm going to suggest Laravel or Zend2, but other Frameworks would be awesome to discuss.

Me providing content for McCode's simply isn't going to happen.

• Like 3

Firstly, good initiative on updating the appearance, looks much more modern and better.

I would suggest that you take a look at the current forum structure and consider doing some changes. First up revise the game engines categories available. Most of them are not maintained and barely anyone who posts in them. Archive.

This applies to most categories, consider grouping them up and rather divide them later if needed be.

But why? The reason is simple: The forums looks dead with all these categories where posts was 2- or more months ago. That is one reason why I personally haven't been much active, the forums looks dead and I don't really feel investing time in to something "dead".

So, I would aim for more general purpose categories, "Game engines", "Programming", "General" etc.

100% agree. I want to bring us down to have a couple of different quite broad boards. Rather than trying to separate everything like the current forum structure does.

From here

I know the forum structure has already been discussed, but, are we going to get new boards?

I am not an McCode's developer. I'd do it if you had deep pockets, but, this isn't the type of forum for that. So, how about discussing other topics. Obviously I'm going to suggest Laravel or Zend2, but other Frameworks would be awesome to discuss.

Me providing content for McCode's simply isn't going to happen.

Laravel, Zend2, Symfony will all start emerging as boards once we've finalised the new board structure. Please free to suggest any other frameworks or languages you want included.

A lot of boards are similar spread out across multiple categories to.

The JavaScript board hardly has any post and then there's a node.js sub board.

Theres 9sub categories for gaming.

The concept behind a lot of the categories are good but they just not active enough.

• Like 1