MakeWebGames

Jcvenomlive.com

jcvenom

I was simply pointing out that, just because a Framework is (in your words) "overkill", doesn't mean it's going to under-perform. I have nothing against you, if it was someone else, I'd do the benchmark for them.

I believe that your problem is that you don't like being told your wrong. I don't see why you can't just say "yeah, you're right" and accept the information being given to you. None of my comments have been said with malicious intent and are informative. Now OP can look at this and say "Hey, Laravel is pretty ****ing quick. I might take a look at it". When he does take a look at it, he'll be in awe because Laravel is amazing, and adhering to L5's coding standards and practices will intern make you learna lot more.

Don't feel like I'm attacking you, you're the only person I've seen in the last 2 days providing incorrect information, I was simply correcting you. When you argued with me over the sessions thing, I just carried on proving more data to prove to you that your information is incorrect, you're the one that started crying. Don't comment on things if you don't like the thought of someone saying "hey, actually, you're a bit wrong there..."

I never said that because it was overkill it was going to under-perform.

I can accept that I am wrong, I don't claim to know everything. But when you call me out, correcting me on something that you think I have said when I never said anything of the like. I never said my framework was better, I simply didn't need all the features of Laravel etc. So I made my own framework as a challenge to myself. If you read the post I said that some devs are ignorant of things that can actually help them? There was nothing incorrect in that post. I will admit I was wrong on the sessions. I posted based on what I believed to be correct.

I know you think that you aren't attacking me, but it really does feel that way and I'm sorry if I reacted defensively but you would too if you feel are being harassed. Let's just leave it there ok? I make posts based on the info I know, not based on an expert inside out knowledge of everything dev related.

This is neither here nor there. I have never once mentioned your abilities or tried to insult your abilities. I am again only providing information based on some incorrect information you are providing people. This forum is quite inactive. If I see someone else post something that I feel is wrong, I will happily tell them about it. You're taking offence to someone correcting you when you should be soaking up the information.

I do not care for your coding abilities. If you're telling other people incorrect information, though, then I'll simply tell you that you're wrong and provide reasons or examples where needed.

Chill, bro.

Trust me, I thank you for that. I did a ton of research on Sessions after that discussion. I can admit I'm wrong. I give out enough criticism to know how to deal with it in return. If I feel I'm right I happen to argue it out for a while until I get the time to do the research to find if I'm wrong. If I find I am wrong I admit it.

Edited by Coly010

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never said that because it was overkill it was going to under-perform.

I can accept that I am wrong, I don't claim to know everything. But when you call me out, correcting me on something that you think I have said when I never said anything of the like..

I called you out on sessions, I didn't *think* you said anything, I took what you *actually* said and corrected you.

I also do not *think* you said that your Framework performs faster than Laravel, I was just pointing out to the OP that just because something is overkill and has a lot of features, doesn't mean it's any less great. I am not accusing you of saying Laravel is not great, I'm not accusing you of saying Google is ****, I'm not accusing you of calling my mother fat, I'm not accusing you of anything at all.

Do you think the developer of CI would be replying to me accusing me of attacking him if you said something like "I'm using CI because Laravel is overkill" and I did a benchmark? Nope.

I could have used CI in the example, but I just went with Laravel. It was the most accessible to me at the time.

In the future, if I post any code, please do feel free to benchmark it, slate it, tell me I'm wrong. I will provide a counter-argument, we can discuss all night and then maybe someone will learn; "Hey, I didn't know sessions don't actually use memory when being written".

Trust me, I thank you for that. I did a ton of research on Sessions after that discussion. I can admit I'm wrong. I give out enough criticism to know how to deal with it in return. If I feel I'm right I happen to argue it out for a while until I get the time to do the research to find if I'm wrong. If I find I am wrong I admit it.

See, it helped you out. Ergo, my comments in the aforementioned thread weren't malicious, were they? They were helpful!

Let's get this thread back on track for the OP.

I do disagree with the apparent opinion that you got from a developer that you know. If you are building something for yourself and want the challenge then build your own framework, nothing wrong with that. But there is nothing wrong with learning a new framework especially if you are looking at freelancing. Let's just say Godiva Chocolates finds you appealing to do some work for them, can you take the job? Probably not because you don't know Zend. And without really understanding Zend can you create a module for them on their Magento e-commerce site? Most likely not because Zend is the base for for Magento and the same goes for a Xenforo plugin.

A lot of companies use ready made stuff because it's easy to deploy and easy to outsource.

On a side note, I may have something small for you if your not worried about pay but want to help build something small that can make a difference in the world (potentially if all goes well). It's just JavaScript and Google Maps API. It's just basically taking a polygon drawing and extracting the lat and long of each point and putting it in an array to check if an address falls within the polygon

There I did some clean up. I don't understand all the bickering. It went from showing off his site to giving advice to benchmarking to all out war between people. Take this crap to PM.

@jcvenom:

I can't delete your account but if you still wish for a ban (don't know why) shoot me a PM and I will lock the thread if we can't keep t civil

PS: I did house keeping

There I did some clean up. I don't understand all the bickering. It went from showing off his site to giving advice to benchmarking to all out war between people. Take this crap to PM.

@jcvenom:

I can't delete your account but if you still wish for a ban (don't know why) shoot me a PM and I will lock the thread if we can't keep t civil

PS: I did house keeping

You don't know why?... just remove my account I'm tired of arguing with imbeciles

Incorrect, I haven't spammed any games, which I stated in the post about my game, and no incorrect, the version you're working on is full of bugs.

Also I do have a legit licence, and yes it is the same copy as Mr Killers, but I have also upgraded it myself better than his version.

And that is in companies2.php

And what about my style_top?

Remove what I told you to remove, secondly your sessions are handled in your style_top $_SESSION['playerid'] has been setup in your style_top