MakeWebGames

Need Opinions

Coly010

I've decided that the most popular was the third image so I'm using that.

Out of Game

WejKQMF.png

In-Game

ybds9AF.png

Another side note which isn't really needed, this page is also responsive :D

EG:

bdINiRC.png

Any feedback welcome :)

I've added an ingame image ( [MENTION=69670]Script47[/MENTION] [MENTION=70485]G7470[/MENTION] )

Edited by Coly010
Added the suggestion script47 made and now the second suggestion. Updated responsive image

1 and 3 are better than 2. The two I choose, their background suit/fit the input colours better. What I suggest is, do you see the DIV which says "Register Now!" make the top part of the DIV square and make the bottom and sides circular (give it a radius).

Example:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1790[/ATTACH]

Edit #1:

[MENTION=65530]Coly010[/MENTION], I personally wouldn't give the navigation bar at the top a radius, I'd have it fill both sides. Just think it might look better.

Also, sites with space/nature images like that generally catch my attention, I like the look on that sort of stuff. I have a weak spot for natural nature havens or things like it. :p

466746244_LoginFeedback.png.2293d190c2061020c781e4f12473eab2.png

Edited by Script47

Show us what the updated images look like please.

Have done :) Check first post

Havent updated the responsive image as that is hosted online so I could access it through a responsive checker. The rest has been done locally

[MENTION=69670]Script47[/MENTION] check now, have the second suggestion included

Edited by Coly010

Have done :) Check first post

Havent updated the responsive image as that is hosted online so I could access it through a responsive checker. The rest has been done locally

[MENTION=69670]Script47[/MENTION] check now, have the second suggestion included

Maybe add top: 0;, simply to ensure it's right at the top, as I can see slight black line at the top. Might just be me.

I think #3 looks the best, at least on the desktop. I'm not sure how it would look on a mobile phone, but as I would imagine it would still look pretty nice.

~G7470

I choose 3 because I thought the wispy part coming off the main ball looked quite good. That would be quite a sight to see in real life.

I choose 3 because I thought the wispy part coming off the main ball looked quite good. That would be quite a sight to see in real life.

Its a real photo as far as I'm aware, sourced from NASA, which allows you to use their images for commercial use if you want as long as there are no individuals in it and as long as you dont use the nasa logo. Its a great source for space assets.

I will be turning this into a game, so I'm trying to get this right, thanks for the feedback.

[MENTION=69670]Script47[/MENTION] [MENTION=70485]G7470[/MENTION] I've posted a responsive image of #3

Edited by Coly010

Its a real photo as far as I'm aware, sourced from NASA, which allows you to use their images for commercial use if you want as long as there are no individuals in it and as long as you dont use the nasa logo. Its a great source for space assets.

I will be turning this into a game, so I'm trying to get this right, thanks for the feedback.

[MENTION=69670]Script47[/MENTION] [MENTION=70485]G7470[/MENTION] I've posted a responsive image of #3

I see, it looks a lot better now. On a side note, got any information about said game?

I see, it looks a lot better now. On a side note, got any information about said game?

Not at the moment, still formulating my ideas. I recently purchased a mccodes v2 license, and its more of a project to see what I can do with it, and how successful a game I can make with it.

My main idea will be that despite it running mccodes, it shouldnt resemble mccodes right from the outset.

The only other thing I can say for certain is that its going to be called Interstellar :P

My other project Chaos Era will be running my own engine, Chaotic Engine, but thats nowhere near finished yet.

Not at the moment, still formulating my ideas. I recently purchased a mccodes v2 license, and its more of a project to see what I can do with it, and how successful a game I can make with it.

My main idea will be that despite it running mccodes, it shouldnt resemble mccodes right from the outset.

The only other thing I can say for certain is that its going to be called Interstellar :P

My other project Chaos Era will be running my own engine, Chaotic Engine, but thats nowhere near finished yet.

Aaaaaite, I was going to suggest to use a custom made engine. Would be so much better and the learning process would be good. :)

Aaaaaite, I was going to suggest to use a custom made engine. Would be so much better and the learning process would be good. :)

Well like I said, I'm currently in the process of creating a custom made engine.

I'm sure I'll be able to make this game good, despite running mccodes.

Number #3 for me, the background and the colors look ace! You need to work on the typography, especially of the top navigation bar. Your line height and font choice seem odd and make the header area seems bizarre.

I'd either try a smaller font all in caps, with a slightly larger line height. Or use a completely different, more suitable font and again increase the line height.

Another point is that it's very difficult to determine what this mystical login form does when you first hit the page. It's great having something that looks appealing but if you're unsure what you're signing up for it could be the downfall of the page. You've got to remember users are lazy, they won't always navigate to another page to read a large amount of text about what site they're about to give their details away to.

I'll work on the typography [MENTION=52003]Dave Macaulay[/MENTION] :) I just changed the font-family to sans-serif in css to get an example of what it may look like.

As for having something that tells what the site actually is, I've been wondering about that myself. I've been fighting with myself whether to put a description box in, or a screenshot box.

And even if I did do this, I dont know where I could put it, without spoiling the login as it is now, with everything in the centre.

The fact users are lazy, the ones that have javascript enabled will not have to go to a different page to register, the ones that dont have javascript enabled will have to go to a different page.

I'm thinking of maybe using javascript to have some screenshots appear randomly around the login box on desktop, but on mobile just having a static box for them.

I'll work on the typography [MENTION=52003]Dave Macaulay[/MENTION] :) I just changed the font-family to sans-serif in css to get an example of what it may look like.

As for having something that tells what the site actually is, I've been wondering about that myself. I've been fighting with myself whether to put a description box in, or a screenshot box.

And even if I did do this, I dont know where I could put it, without spoiling the login as it is now, with everything in the centre.

The fact users are lazy, the ones that have javascript enabled will not have to go to a different page to register, the ones that dont have javascript enabled will have to go to a different page.

I'm thinking of maybe using javascript to have some screenshots appear randomly around the login box on desktop, but on mobile just having a static box for them.

I'd have a "Click to Toggle" description box, simply so it doesn't block the background constantly. Something like that would be very easy using jQuery.

I'd have a "Click to Toggle" description box, simply so it doesn't block the background constantly. Something like that would be very easy using jQuery.

Yep I've worked with jQuery a lot, especially for my social networking site :) you just gave me a brilliant idea though !

I (and [MENTION=70485]G7470[/MENTION]) think the navigation bar needs to be stretched like it is on the login page. This way the design is consistent throughout the whole site. Also the middle text box seems out of place. Maybe it's the fact that it is connected "strangely" but I don't think it works. Sorry I would have been more helpful but I don't know myself what the issue is, it just doesn't look right.

I (and [MENTION=70485]G7470[/MENTION]) think the navigation bar needs to be stretched like it is on the login page. This way the design is consistent throughout the whole site. Also the middle text box seems out of place. Maybe it's the fact that it is connected "strangely" but I don't think it works. Sorry I would have been more helpful but I don't know myself what the issue is, it just doesn't look right.

I noticed that there was something odd about the content box too, i thought it was the width of the menu so i changed it, looks a bit better, ill experiment around with it