MakeWebGames

API for McCodes?

Iam

Is there an API for McCodes? So we can implement something into C+?

There isn't.

I was building one with the McCodes team, but things changed and I had to readjust my schedule, resulting in it being dead.

Just out of curiosity; What endpoints are needed?

Ah ok, i am not a coder and i saw the milk part, but can somebody explain to me in micky mouse language what the benefit is for me (as a non coder?)

[MENTION=65371]sniko[/MENTION], i have added you on my Skype

Ah ok, i am not a coder and i saw the milk part, but can somebody explain to me in micky mouse language what the benefit is for me (as a non coder?)

[MENTION=65371]sniko[/MENTION], i have added you on my Skype

It'll act as a module manager, with vanity URLs (IIRC), so you could take a REST approach to it, effectively creating an API layer for your application - just like you need. :)

It'll act as a module manager, with vanity URLs (IIRC), so you could take a REST approach to it, effectively creating an API layer for your application - just like you need. :)

What he said!

Milk has been pushed back slightly due to some other commitments. I promise I'll finish it with all it's milky goodness one day!

Hopefully I am understanding what you want but if you notice in your globals.php file you have the variable $ir declared in there which grabs the players stats and all info in the users table for that particular user, with that you can mimic it a bit and parse it using json then you can use that with any language.

[MENTION=65371]sniko[/MENTION] maybe we can tackle this one? Should be pretty simple and similar to TLG

Hopefully I am understanding what you want but if you notice in your globals.php file you have the variable $ir declared in there which grabs the players stats and all info in the users table for that particular user, with that you can mimic it a bit and parse it using json then you can use that with any language.

[MENTION=65371]sniko[/MENTION] maybe we can tackle this one? Should be pretty simple and similar to TLG

Take me out to dinner first, then we'll tackle it maybe :p

It's not what you're looking for. That is basically a class with some functions - not really the type of API you're looking for.

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't really explored the possibilities as far as what I will be using for the API as it is only an item on my list so far. I would really like to explore MILK however its still in process of being worked out. but i'm thinking of using jQuery and bootstrap for the GUI and then mix it in with the a DB variable puller or something similar so it's purely customized. However its just thoughts right now. What would u suggest?

I haven't really explored the possibilities as far as what I will be using for the API as it is only an item on my list so far. I would really like to explore MILK however its still in process of being worked out. but i'm thinking of using jQuery and bootstrap for the GUI and then mix it in with the a DB variable puller or something similar. However its just thoughts right now. What would u suggest?

I'd suggest using the REST methodology. It would open doors for much easier app building, and (depending on the back-end structure; classes, namespaces, etc - future proofing and enhancing code/routines)

Sure this could be achieved with the others, but I personally find sending RESTful request to a web service (for apps) is much easier than sending SOAP requests.

You'd need a good design pattern, obvious and most logical choice is the MVC design pattern.

Edited by sniko