MakeWebGames

Wild-Hosting || Your Prices

WildHosting

Hello people of Make Web Games forum, I was sent to this section by a friend who is part of Make Web Games forum.

I would like to Introduce, Wild-Hosting!

Now we aren't going to just go ahead and set our prices, we can set them anything we want to, but we want to be huge competitor in the Hosting Market and we want your views to get there.

Wild-Hosting has it's site all ready for release, we just need to fix up our prices.

We will offer Dedicated Servers, VPS & Unlimited Hosting services.

Now what we want to know is, what is the cheapest UNLIMITED Hosting Service you have ever discovered?

What is the cheapest VPS you have ever discovered also?

Let us know and we will do our best to give you an even better deal than your current services.

Specs and other information to come shortly.

Edited by WildHosting

I'm not usually one for reposting, but three hosting threads in 1 day....

• How much service experience do you have?
  • Do you manage the server yourself, or do a 3rd party?
  • Do you backup the server contents, and if so, what are your backup methods?
  • If the service has downtime, how quickly can you fix it?
  • Are we allowed to have SSH access?
  • Can we install packages? Ie. PEAR packages?
  • How up-to-date is your technology?
    • Apache/Nginx version
    • PHP version
    • Are they the latest version, or the latest stable version?
      • How much of a notice will you give to clients notifying them of an upgrade to a service?

To answer your question; $5 per month with DigitalOcean

• 512MB / 1 CPU
  • 20GB SSD DISK
  • 1TB TRANSFER

If you can make a deal, coupling that cost and their excellent support and documentation, I'd be surprised.

I'm not usually one for reposting, but three hosting threads in 1 day....

• How much service experience do you have?
  • Do you manage the server yourself, or do a 3rd party?
  • Do you backup the server contents, and if so, what are your backup methods?
  • If the service has downtime, how quickly can you fix it?
  • Are we allowed to have SSH access?
  • Can we install packages? Ie. PEAR packages?
  • How up-to-date is your technology?
    • Apache/Nginx version
    • PHP version
    • Are they the latest version, or the latest stable version?
      • How much of a notice will you give to clients notifying them of an upgrade to a service?

To answer your question; $5 per month with DigitalOcean

• 512MB / 1 CPU
  • 20GB SSD DISK
  • 1TB TRANSFER

If you can make a deal, coupling that cost and their excellent support and documentation, I'd be surprised.

Any ETA on the answers to these?

Specs and other information to come shortly.

Any ETA on this too?

Our Web Hosting Specs

Dual Quad Core Intel® Xeon®

32 GB RAM

Dual 136 GB SAS Drive

RAID Mirroring

Dual Power Supplies

Quad Gigabit Network Adapters

Windows Server 2008 and 2012 (2012 for Hybrid & VPS Customers)

Red Hat Enterprise Linux

Advanced Connectivity

We are able to take in as many customers as we like, as we are not run under any limitations.

Our packages will also include 100% 7 Day Money Back Guarantee, we are due release sometime tonight, we just need to configure pricing and making sure it is balanced, which then you will see any information you need to know!

Unlimited Packages will be FROM £3.99.

Wow, not even hardware limitations?

None, we have invested & saved in the past to overcome the limitations. We have to pay out biyearly to keep the limitations removed. It isn't a cheap payout either, but we are confident in the road to success and make our way up the market.

As for why we are trying to compete at the cheapest of prices.

None, we have invested & saved in the past to overcome the limitations. We have to pay out biyearly to keep the limitations removed. It isn't a cheap payout either, but we are confident in the road to success and make our way up the market.

As for why we are trying to compete at the cheapest of prices.

Your hardware;

Our Web Hosting Specs

Dual Quad Core Intel® Xeon®

32 GB RAM

Dual 136 GB SAS Drive

RAID Mirroring

Dual Power Supplies

Quad Gigabit Network Adapters

Windows Server 2008 and 2012 (2012 for Hybrid & VPS Customers)

Red Hat Enterprise Linux

Advanced Connectivity

Is a limitation, as you're limited to the functionality of that hardware.

Your hardware;

Of course. But there is no such thing as "Unlimited". There is always an end to something but it's not classed as a limitation. It is classed as Unlimited as it's pretty close to being impossible to reach the limitation.

Nothing is unlimited, when we say unlimited it's basically something impossible to reach.

Your hardware;

It's not a limitation if you're on acid...

On a more serious note you're basically saying you're going to oversell the server by declaring you have no limitations. I prefer the idea of dedicated resources allocated to my site. Do you utilise any server side software for abusers/high resource users?

Of course. But there is no such thing as "Unlimited". There is always an end to something but it's not classed as a limitation. It is classed as Unlimited as it's pretty close to being impossible to reach the limitation.

Nothing is unlimited, when we say unlimited it's basically something impossible to reach.

So I can host 50,000,000GB of personal backups of cat films on your services? I prefer a host who is honest about their specification offerings. "Unlimited" is an overused term in hosting.

It's not a limitation if you're on acid...

On a more serious note you're basically saying you're going to oversell the server by declaring you have no limitations. I prefer the idea of dedicated resources allocated to my site. Do you utilise any server side software for abusers/high resource users?

So I can host 50,000,000GB of personal backups of cat films on your services? I prefer a host who is honest about their specification offerings. "Unlimited" is an overused term in hosting.

I am being as honest as I could possibly be about our services there are no twists to it. If you are to buy an UNLIMITED package then you are able to go as far as you wish with it. There is of course going to be rules and guidelines on what to and what not to upload on your site that is illegal.

As i'm being honest with what I have said, no limitations on how much you want to upload. If the package is listed as unlimited, go ahead and use what you wish. The only thing is, 50,000,000GB? That won't even get hit. And using that amount of GB with any hosting service your site wouldn't even run fast and smoothly. So we would only see such method of that as trying to crash our services, therefore we would deactive your services until we have spoke to the customer about the situation.

So yes as I said anyhow, once we release every bit of information you need to know will be on the site, otherwise you can hit an agent up on live chat.