MakeWebGames

who to trust

Raven1992

Now I know all of you making text based games on your own I know I am.

hell I hope I die before it releases anyways do we know who we can trust in making text based games cause I getting mail after mail about people joining my part of team I all lready took 1 member in.

So do we have a list of coders anywhere we can trust.

As the Vulcans Say:

Live Long and Prosper

There was a list started up by Danny many moons ago so it's probably outdated by now. And that's the problem with these lists. A place to start would be the collab thread, take a look around and see if they have a thread started up, then look to see if it has some positive feedback.

If it has negative feedback in there then it's up to you to determine it it's actually a big deal or not, and the same applies to positive feedback. Just remember you can't always take everyone's word for everything and you may need to investigate yourself

There was a list started up by Danny many moons ago so it's probably outdated by now. And that's the problem with these lists. A place to start would be the collab thread, take a look around and see if they have a thread started up, then look to see if it has some positive feedback.

If it has negative feedback in there then it's up to you to determine it it's actually a big deal or not, and the same applies to positive feedback. Just remember you can't always take everyone's word for everything and you may need to investigate yourself

Is there a way to update a list or make a new one

I might make one using the Collab threads as a guideline. Unless people say nay?

I suppose you can only trust who you deem worthy of your trust. your labor. your sweat. your tears and maybe some blood. Im always willing to toss my 0.02c in the pot though!

I'd love to create a trusted list of people from staff members, but the slight chance of one developer going south could invalidate the whole list.

I fully support anyone making their own list providing they place a notice on it saying it's not supported by the board.

I'd love to create a trusted list of people from staff members, but the slight chance of one developer going south could invalidate the whole list.

I fully support anyone making their own list providing they place a notice on it saying it's not supported by the board.

Aaaaaite, cool. I'll make one later. :)

I would recommend looking through posts/threads created by each member and making a judgement call yourself, however there are a few members that I would recommend.

Dave Macaulay

KyleMassacre

Djkanna

Magictallguy

sniko

a_bertrand (if he is still around)

Nickson (same as above)

I would recommend looking through posts/threads created by each member and making a judgement call yourself, however there are a few members that I would recommend.

Dave Macaulay

KyleMassacre

Djkanna

Magictallguy

sniko

a_bertrand (if he is still around)

Nickson (same as above)

What about me? :p

Jokes. Yeah, those names were going to be on my list anyway. :)

You can also setup a sub ftp account to only the folder/files you want to person to access or if that is not restrictive enough you can just email the files themselves to the person but this can be harder for the person to fix/debug without seeing things in action. 3rd option is to create another folder with duplicate code, clone of database if needed and only give ftp access to that folder so if they do anything you can lock them out and they wont have messed with anything live or important. Just some thoughts