MakeWebGames

Sessions?

OutcasT

How can I make my game log out someone after some inactivity?

Currently if someone goes off the page and returns later, they are still signed in.

How can I change that?

Also, if they access the page that it logs in to, it comes up but everything is blank, how can I redirect them?

a simple way to do this is with javascript i.e.

<script>
   var redirectAfter = 30; // Mins
   var redirectTo = 'logout.php';
   setTimeout(function () {document.location = redirectTo;}, (redirectAfter*60000));
</script>

What this does is on each page load it will start a timer (time depending on the redirectAfter variable), once the timer is completed it will redirect to a page. I have redirected it to logout.php, this should then log the user out and show the login page. You could make a timeout page and redirect it to that but that is up to you.

Edited by Dayo

<script>
   setTimeout(function () {document.location = redirectTo;}, (redirectAfter*60000));
</script>

What this does is on each page load it will start a timer (time depending on the redirectAfter variable), once the timer is completed it will redirect to a page. I have redirected it to logout.php, this should then log the user out and show the login page. You could make a timeout page and redirect it to that but that is up to you.

I will try that but how can I make it so people can access the main page without being logged in. they cant do anything but access it. how can I redirect then back to the login page?

I will try that but how can I make it so people can access the main page without being logged in. they cant do anything but access it. how can I redirect then back to the login page?

[MENTION=70114]OutcasT[/MENTION] can you define what the main page is?

<script>
</script>

Off Topic

Ha! So simple and for all these years I've been wondering how to do it, how did I not think of this. Thanks! :)

On Topic

session_unset();

session_destroy();

Make sure you have checks on your "main" page or an authentication page which is included in that PHP file.

if(!isset($_SESSION['sessionName']) || empty(trim($_SESSION['sessionName'])) || $_SESSION['sessionName'] == "") {
   // Redirect to login page and give them error.
   header("refresh:3; url=login.php");
   return;
} else {
   // Session is set, redirect to "main" page
   header("Location: main.php");
   return;
}
Edited by Script47

[MENTION=65371]sniko[/MENTION]

My main page is a page with 3 frames.

- One is the players stats (this refreshes to update)

- Two is the navigation, where all the pages are linked from

- Three is the main page where the action happens

Edited by OutcasT