MakeWebGames

Advanced View User System

Script47

Hello,

Title is pretty clear, so lets get right in to it.

Features Included:

• Rating System - Up/Down rate players.
  • User Profile Comments - Post comments on each others profiles.
  • Delete Comments - Don't like a comment? Delete it!
  • Event Alerts - You will be alerted via events when you have been sent a comment & for Up/Down rates.
  • Formatted Code - I cleaned the existing code to make it a bit more easier to read while along side my code.

Grab The Code!

If you find any issues, either post on here or the Git page for it or you could contact me on twitter.

Thanks.

Edited by Script47

i get this when i use your viewuser.php

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/mafiaco2/public_html/viewuser.php:25) in /home/mafiaco2/public_html/globals.php on line 28

it appears to be showing up because of the html in the code before the php

i removed the html part and it worked

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1378[/ATTACH]

screenshot.thumb.png.dcaacd7493c5fb5edc10894c6fdd1e9a.png

Edited by Newbie
forgot screenshot

i get this when i use your viewuser.php

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/mafiaco2/public_html/viewuser.php:25) in /home/mafiaco2/public_html/globals.php on line 28

it appears to be showing up because of the html in the code before the php

i removed the html part and it worked

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1378[/ATTACH]

No problem. But I find it strange that I get no errors. Oh well, glad it's working.

Screenshots

No problem. But I find it strange that I get no errors. Oh well, glad it's working.

Screenshots

You have a whole HTML document above the PHP, i'm surprised the browser would parse it properly.

If FamFam remove their icons for some reason your script will break.

Using @ with functions is never a good idea.

You make error messages disappear after 2 seconds

exit(header("Refresh:2; URL=viewuser.php?u=$sendTo"));

Not sure why.

Just the points I found.

You have a whole HTML document above the PHP, i'm surprised the browser would parse it properly.

If FamFam remove their icons for some reason your script will break.

Using @ with functions is never a good idea.

You make error messages disappear after 2 seconds

exit(header("Refresh:2; URL=viewuser.php?u=$sendTo"));

Not sure why.

Just the points I found.

I never used the @ functions, that's original MCC. I have also put the images on GIT for people to save to local machines. I have it to disappear and redirect to page so they can do it again instead of keeping it their, the last one is just my preference. The HTML is there for the styling. :)

• Like 1

I get this error at the top of viewuser.php

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/murder/public_html/viewuser.php:23) in /home/murder/public_html/globals.php on line 28

And I also get:

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/murder/public_html/viewuser.php:23) in /home/murder/public_html/globals.php on line 28

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/murder/public_html/viewuser.php:23) in /home/murder/public_html/lib/basic_error_handler.php on line 39

************ - Critical Error

A critical error has occurred, and this page cannot be displayed. Please try again later.

When I delete a comment, add a comment (even though the comment does display), not to forget when I rate someone. If this could be fixed, it would be a nice module.

I added the SQL, overwrite the viewuser and added the cron. So I did follow the necessary steps.

I get this error at the top of viewuser.php

And I also get:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/murder/public_html/viewuser.php:23) in /home/murder/public_html/lib/basic_error_handler.php on line 39

************ - Critical Error

A critical error has occurred, and this page cannot be displayed. Please try again later.

When I delete a comment, add a comment (even though the comment does display), not to forget when I rate someone. If this could be fixed, it would be a nice module.

I added the SQL, overwrite the viewuser and added the cron. So I did follow the necessary steps.

i had the same errors for v2.05b

remove the html code before the php code

add the css into your css file

and add the sqls and images

then add your file

Yep that worked, thanks. I quite actually like it without the fancy CSS. Maybe its just me, I prefer the more 'formal' yet in my opinion sharp look.

Working now, just two questions, when I rate myself which you obviously can't, with the message that you can't rate yourself, the tables go all funny looking, I was thinking maybe isit possible to end the page with just the message?

Last question which is a error, when I'm viewing someone else's profile and not my own I get 'game name - critical error this page cannot be displayed blah blah blah' do I have to add the user queries that came with the SQL into the register.php?

Yep that worked, thanks. I quite actually like it without the fancy CSS. Maybe its just me, I prefer the more 'formal' yet in my opinion sharp look.

Working now, just two questions, when I rate myself which you obviously can't, with the message that you can't rate yourself, the tables go all funny looking, I was thinking maybe isit possible to end the page with just the message?

Last question which is a error, when I'm viewing someone else's profile and not my own I get 'game name - critical error this page cannot be displayed blah blah blah' do I have to add the user queries that came with the SQL into the register.php?

No, what the function exit(); does is stop the script from executing, so any code after it doesn't work, you could try remove the exit(); yet keep the header try that.

What? No? Wait, I don't get what you mean by the second one. Follow these instructions.

Open PMA.

Import the SQL file PMA will run it automatically or you could grab the code inside an run it through query window.

Then it should be ready, because I've altered the users table, and created a new table you have to run the SQL file I provided.

Edited by Script47

Wait a minute.

I don't think the issue relies in the viewuser, what happened was, I created a new user via staff panel, when I visited the created users profile I got "A critical error has occurred, and this page cannot be displayed. Please try again later."

However, when I'm viewing an actual players profile, there is no error. So I'm pretty baffled atm.

Wait a minute.

I don't think the issue relies in the viewuser, what happened was, I created a new user via staff panel, when I visited the created users profile I got "A critical error has occurred, and this page cannot be displayed. Please try again later."

However, when I'm viewing an actual players profile, there is no error. So I'm pretty baffled atm.

That's good to know, however if you need any help, feel free to give me a shout.

Edited by Script47