MakeWebGames

Which engine now?

Script47

Which engine now?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Which engine now?

Just curious, while reading over some threads I have to say the interest in GRPG has increased a lot. So which engines to people use now? I mean MCC was probably (and maybe still is) the most used. But more people are branching out now. Just wanted your views on this.

Just curious, while reading over some threads I have to say the interest in GRPG has increased a lot. So which engines to people use now? I mean MCC was probably (and maybe still is) the most used. But more people are branching out now. Just wanted your views on this.

My own, (dubbed: Panther) :p

• 2 weeks later...

MCCode (more often pirated than not) is the most common for people to download and try to learn from

GRPG is probably more often used for actually making a game, most people I know of starting games play the likes of MD/MC/TMU, etc, and GRPG is more like these than MCCode

I always liked GRPG for its simplicity, if there's one thing I hate, it is unnecessary overcomplicating of code! GRPG is for the most part, simple and with a bit of work can be quite effective with bare minimum server load. It's obviously pretty much completely redundant at this point though with mysql and many other functions being binned

MCCode (more often pirated than not) is the most common for people to download and try to learn from

GRPG is probably more often used for actually making a game, most people I know of starting games play the likes of MD/MC/TMU, etc, and GRPG is more like these than MCCode

I always liked GRPG for its simplicity, if there's one thing I hate, it is unnecessary overcomplicating of code! GRPG is for the most part, simple and with a bit of work can be quite effective with bare minimum server load. It's obviously pretty much completely redundant at this point though with mysql and many other functions being binned

Is there any plans for GRPG's future? So any new version etc?

• 2 weeks later...