MakeWebGames

Social Networking Site Looking for good developers to work with

jcvenom

Hey guys i have decided to start a new project by making a social networking site

I have many ideas and i am looking for developers to work with also so i can form a team yes developers will be paid(Yes when coding) and will own 7% of the site and earn a small wage after the site is up.

Developers Wanted

What I need to know?

• What your abilities are
  • What languages you know
  • Important! What experiences do you have
  • Proof of work and maybe a few payments made to you as a developer for work
  • Your strengths and weaknesses
  • Description of yourself

I will post my ideas shortly, Feel free to post name ideas also if your name(idea) is picked you will win 10pounds :cool: thanks -Jcvenom

• Friends request system
  • API (GET)
  • Newsfeed
  • Integration with other social networks

I'll collect my £40 tonight, at 2100 GMT. Thanks.

Hahahahaha +1 :D

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to sniko again.

My Ideas:

• No character Limits
  • Videos incorporated like Youtube
  • Good privacy settings
  • Fast, smooth, not complicated
  • Ability to re-blog/repost/share
  • Allow you to post via FB/Twitter or join accounts.
  • InstaYouTwitFace. Instagram, Youtube, Twitter and Facebook combined
Edited by Script47

• Friends request system
  • API (GET)
  • Newsfeed
  • Integration with other social networks

I'll collect my £40 tonight, at 2100 GMT. Thanks.

A newsfeed system would be needed if you can do this no problem but i need you to be on the team and its needs to be planned out

- - - Updated - - -

Have you got any plans/images/layouts we could see?

Thats a work in progress

I got a lot of ideas, just not willing to share, because they are ideas that I am working with that has never been seen before on a social network :) (I have shared recently an idea with Mark Zuckerberg of facebook)

It's nice that more people are going into the direction of a social networking website, the only thing is you got to think creative, and win people over from Facebook, and other social media websites, if you have something unique that no one has, more people will flock to the uniqueness!!

Good Luck with your development and keep us posted, I would like to see what you come up with. ;)

Here is a curveball, can you fill in this app for yourself?

What I need to know?
What your abilities are
What languages you know
Important! What experiences do you have
Proof of work and maybe a few payments made to you as a developer for work
Your strengths and weaknesses
Description of yourself

Here is a curveball, can you fill in this app for yourself?

What I need to know?
What your abilities are
What languages you know
Important! What experiences do you have
Proof of work and maybe a few payments made to you as a developer for work
Your strengths and weaknesses
Description of yourself

Its something i don't have to answer as it is directed at people not me thank you

Its something i don't have to answer as it is directed at people not me thank you

Well before I might apply I want you to answer those questions to see if my time is worth it. You say you are looking for good developers? Well I want a good leader and developer. I don't see why it's a problem you filling it in?

Well before I might apply I want you to answer those questions to see if my time is worth it. You say you are looking for good developers? Well I want a good leader and developer. I don't see why it's a problem you filling it in?

Im really good with Jquery and html/css im also good with PHP and Mysql im know a little Js but its not something i would like coding I have worked with social networking script before and i basically know how they run My strength is Jquery/PHP/HTML/CSS my weakness is JS/AJAX I am 20 years old and I live in Europe im also the owner of crimecity-mafia.com

Im really good with Jquery and html/css im also good with PHP and Mysql im know a little Js but its not something i would like coding I have worked with social networking script before and i basically know how they run My strength is Jquery/PHP/HTML/CSS my weakness is JS/AJAX I am 20 years old and I live in Europe im also the owner of crimecity-mafia.com

You know jQuery is pretty much Javascript right? I say pretty much, it's a library giving ease of use. I am going to assume you want a good social network, it must also be fast and reliable. I would advise looking into NodeJS and Socket IO for live feeds, KnockoutJS for DOM manipulation, also Redis as a data store, it's very fast, and either MySQL or MariaDB for permanent data storage.

You know jQuery is pretty much Javascript right? I say pretty much, it's a library giving ease of use. I am going to assume you want a good social network, it must also be fast and reliable. I would advise looking into NodeJS and Socket IO for live feeds, KnockoutJS for DOM manipulation, also Redis as a data store, it's very fast, and either MySQL or MariaDB for permanent data storage.

Great and yes i know would you like to be a part??

And why use knockouts??? JS and jQuery have everything you need to manipulate DOM, Knockouts purpose seems pointless.

You just tried to sell me your services on a game in which you said you have a network site. Saying you own a 'Network Site' that is not even started on is kind of amusing. Let alone, have a name.

Excuse me? i have never messaged you nor spoken to you before