MakeWebGames

Social Networking Site Looking for good developers to work with

jcvenom

You do know that facebook is created on PHP, there is nothing wrong with using PHP for a social network, there is absolute no difference in speed IMO.

So for those saying he should use other programming languages, I would suggest you look into facebook ethics of coding, before speaking, that PHP is not good enough for a social network.

Hello all, I just want to warn you all that he is 15.

Proof -

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1299[/ATTACH] (Didn't even realise I was on Dave profile on there xD)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1300[/ATTACH]

Sorry im not 15

- - - Updated - - -

You do know that facebook is created on PHP, there is nothing wrong with using PHP for a social network, there is absolute no difference in speed IMO.

So for those saying he should use other programming languages, I would suggest you look into facebook ethics of coding, before speaking, that PHP is not good enough for a social network.

Thank you i really dont have to use all these languages to code something when the main language is PHP i really dont like making things hard but i like making things easy also can someone clear my thread

Who mentioned using other languages?

You of course

PHP could sill be the core, but if you want live results such as news feed and notitications then NodeJS is built for that, overlaying Socket IO will make it so it has fallbacks if the users browser doesn't support web sockets. Maybe you should read up on the current tech that is going around before making a judgement on what you will use? I am simply giving advice.

PHP could sill be the core, but if you want live results such as news feed and notitications then NodeJS is built for that, overlaying Socket IO will make it so it has fallbacks if the users browser doesn't support web sockets. Maybe you should read up on the current tech that is going around before making a judgement on what you will use? I am simply giving advice.

And your advice is what i will look into thank you

And why use knockouts??? JS and jQuery have everything you need to manipulate DOM, Knockouts purpose seems pointless.

Direct from KnockoutJS's site (guess you didn't actually look into it): "Simplify dynamic Javascript UIs with the Model-View-View-Model ( MVVM ) pattern", far from being pointless.