MakeWebGames

install help

Raven1992

Well installing on a subdomain is the same as installing on a non subdomain (whatever the term is).

Now on to your error, it is exactly as it says. Your root directory is not writable. I don't know what software you use like FTP program but you need to change the chmod settings atleast during intial installation to maybe something like 775.

I think it mainly just needs to be config.php that needs to be writable since it writes in your db connection parameter for mysql and your cron code

Well installing on a subdomain is the same as installing on a non subdomain (whatever the term is).

Now on to your error, it is exactly as it says. Your root directory is not writable. I don't know what software you use like FTP program but you need to change the chmod settings atleast during intial installation to maybe something like 775.

I think it mainly just needs to be config.php that needs to be writable since it writes in your db connection parameter for mysql and your cron code

i use filezilla as it reccomended to use and what if i change all folders and files to 777 will that work

The "root" folder where you are placing the files/folders its the one that needs the permissions changed, not the other way around...

well this is go daddy we talking about and there structure kinda different

Via SSH;
chmod 777 <game_folder/>

Change <game_folder/> to the directory where you placed your files; probably public_html.

i not sure i follow yoy explain more detail please

Instead of transferring your files with a FTP, don't you just have your mccodes files in a zip file? If so, upload to -> public_html -> extract files -> All the files should now be in a folder called "Upload" -> open that up -> highlight all the files and copy them to your public_html root -> run installer.

Done...

You've had the instructions to your problem given very cleary. if you cannot follow them, i would reconsider if running a game is the right thing for you to be doing with the knowledge you currently have.

Edit:

after a quick (very quick) google search, i came across these instructions for you exact problem.

http://support.godaddy.com/help/article/6481/setting-directory-permissions-with-windows-hosting-accounts

http://support.godaddy.com/help/article/2535/setting-directory-permissions-with-linux-hosting-accounts

Edited by Hedge