MakeWebGames

New Housing System

Razor42

I am thinking of re-doing the current Mccodes housing system as it is pretty crappy and can be much better.

The idea I have at the moment is that instead of buying a house you actually build one yourself. You need to buy land, resources etc and then will have to put it together and it will take some time and so on yet I am struggling to figure out how it should actually work.

I.E... It could be done so you buy 1 piece of land and then put 1 resource on that land like a brick which is worth say 100 will? But then how does that mean your building? It doesn’t

So then I had the idea of having building types and you then need so much land to create them, so much resources and then when you have what you need you have to wait while it’s being built and will have to pay builders costs etc?

What do you guys think?

Would anyone be interested in this?

Any ideas to add?

make them do a course for it, than after completed they than can build material, than build the house, as for will put a percentage on it like if the house they are building gives them 100 will, when they are 25 % done with it than it gives them 25 will and when they reach 50% than it gives 50 will and so forth, or you can do it as in levels. This will bring more to a game and keep players playing to achieve the goals, instead of flat out buying a property already made. But you do have a good idea there.

Maybe instead of will you should change it to levels

He'd have to redo the gym system, and possibly the attack system, as they piggy-back off the housing system; will.

re-design the estate layout to something more unique

Perhaps make it stock, and not an enforced design. This way, the module will attract more users, and they're not enforced to keep to a design which may not suit their game, or their preference. Razor could go down the road of harnessing a template system; perhaps bespoke to this system, and not something like Twig, or smarty.

make them do a course for it, than after completed they than can build material, than build the house, as for will put a percentage on it like if the house they are building gives them 100 will, when they are 25 % done with it than it gives them 25 will and when they reach 50% than it gives 50 will and so forth, or you can do it as in levels. This will bring more to a game and keep players playing to achieve the goals, instead of flat out buying a property already made. But you do have a good idea there.

I'm in favor. Razor, do! ;)

Materials they won't make they will buy from a resources store and or game owners can obviously add te possibility to find them on the streets or even add them to donation packs etc.

The at 25% and 50% I won't be doing as you'll be able to own and rent multiple houses anyway so while one is being built you can live in one and already have and maybe if you have more rent them out or sell them to other players.

There will be level requirements on certain buildings so if your not that level players won't be able to build it but they will be able to live in it if rented/bought from another player.

There will be full staff controls on creating resources and building types etc.

Current Progress:

-All tables planned out.

-some pre-set materials done.

-Staff files started. Ability to create a building type done.

Current Progress:

-All tables planned out.

-Staff File is fully complete with the ability to add, edit and delete building types and also the ability to view and edit the amount of resources a player has. (Still working on securing the file to the best of my knowledge)

-Decided to add a health boost option meaning that houses can also increase a players health.

So here is todays update on this modification...

Current Progress:

-SQL’s planned. I have made it so everything has its separate table to avoid adding extra to the already packed users table. I also think this makes it easier to edit directly from PHPMYADMIN.

- Staff file is finished, fully tested and fully working! It has the ability to add, edit and delete building types and also have the ability to view player’s resources and edit players’ resources.

-A resource store is now done which allows players to buy resources to build buildings with.

Screenshots:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1175[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1176[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1177[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1178[/ATTACH]

resource_buying.jpg.115ce1a8f2bf71ddd12f59afeb559c23.jpg

resource_store.jpg.b4887a03d929e0dd5e49716931083aeb.jpg

staff_newtype.jpg.49af38c22f60a3415655fe8eb33dc257.jpg

staffmenu.jpg.430a56f42b131bfc68d5af6c8253fd5d.jpg

Today I have started on the planning office. The planning office will be where you can begin doing your buildings. So far I have added the ability to view all the buildings which can be built and then I have added the ability to look at the "building plans" which shows you exactly what's needed in order to create the building. I am now working adding the ability to actually begin a build. Screenshots will be added later today.

Planning office is now fully finished!!

Things Left to do:

-Managing your buildings.

-Renting of your buildings.

-Selling your building to bank.

-Upgrading your buildings. (May or May not do!)

-Addition to staff files for creating upgrades. (May or may not do!

-Buildings sales market.

Any one got any extra suggestions/ideas?

How about as a few ideas..

1 = Users can Sabotage an owners building If the person who owns the building fails to win an attack then the opponent who MUST also own a building can Sabotage yours.. this would

1a = reduce your Will whilst the building is unfit to live in then will be regained once repairs are done to the building..

1b = ?????

• 2 months later...

Finished this mod,

It allows:

Staff to create building types

Staff to monitor and edit players resources

Ability for players to build buildings

Ability for a player to hold numerous buildings

Building take time to create and need a certain amount of resources

Building rentals and rental market

And much more...

- - - Updated - - -

If anyone would be interested I may sell.....

Full feature list:

1: The ability for staff to create new building types.

2: The ability for staff to edit a players resources.

3: A planning office which is where players can build there own buildings.

4: A resources store where players can buy resources to build their buildings with.

5: Buildings help boost your will and your health, they take a set amount of time to build and need certain resource and level requirements to build.

6: A building market where people can rent out their buildings to other players for a set period of time and money.

7: Players can hold multiple buildings at once but can only live in one at a time.

8: Players can sell their buildings for a cut price of what they paid for it.