MakeWebGames

What Domain registrar do you use?

Jan Kaufmann

What Domain registrar do you use?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. What Domain registrar do you use?

Hi MWG, Just popped into my head, What domain registrar do you use? And why do you use that registrar?

For many years I've used Dynadot.

I started using Dynadot because I got told they had great customer support, And it is correct, They do indeed have great customer support, Therefore i stick with them.

Namecheap.

Never had a problem with them, but at the same time never have needed to use their customer support, so I cannot rate it.

But I've stuck with them for a few years now, and will continue to do so until they screw me over, until then I don't see a reason to change over.

I've heard a few good things about NameCheap just never gave them a go, Maybe I will in the future :)

Ever tried GoDaddy?

I've heard a few good things about NameCheap just never gave them a go, Maybe I will in the future :)

Ever tried GoDaddy?

Nope and I never will, heard to many bad things about them.

I do however usually enjoy the super bowl adverts...

Edited by Djkanna
Apparenltly it's not super ball. ._.

Ive been using GoDaddy for a couple of years now, but like most, have never used there customer service.

I myself have never had a problem with them, so at this stage i'll keep using them until i do.

I only started with them because at the time they could give me the domain name i wanted for the cheapest price.

Just purchased a domain from NameCheap for a future project, So now it's time too see what there like for myself. :)

They have many tutorials on how to manage your domain names but if you need some help i can spare a bit of time via teamviewer guiding you on how to manage your account.

I have my domains in a couple places, so I'll give some info on all.

Namecheap

Current domains with them: 1

Domains bought there: 1

First registered: 21st Dec 2012

123 Reg (2)

Current domains with them: 2

Domains bought there: 4

First registered: 19th April 2012

Rocket Hosts

Current domains with them: 2

Domains bought there: 10+

First registered: 2005

To be fair, they have all served me well with no problems to report on any.

I use 123-reg for my .co.uk domains as they give you 2 years for slightly more than a 1 year .com cost, but .co.uk have free domain privacy as long as you are from the UK and not a business, so added bonus.

Namecheap is only being used because I bought a site and domain and it was there, but I didn't see the need in moving it.

RH is still used because it was the first one I found years ago and I've never had an issue with them.

• 2 weeks later...