MakeWebGames

PS4 or Xbox One?

Hi there MWG, Had a quick look around and didn't find a thread related to this.

So let's get straight into it, I am a console gamer as-well as a PC gamer, I have been wrecking my brains over which console to buy in the future, And now that both have been announced I'm still unsure of what i want.

I am a loyal Xbox Live member, been with them for 5 years now on the Gold Subscription, However, I Also have a PS3...

Between the 2 consoles there's not a whole lot between them IMO...

I Prefer the online on the Xbox where as i like the single player and graphics on a PS3.

However back on topic, What are you guys/girls going for this year, Will it be the Sony PS4? Or the Microsoft Xbox ONE?

Let me know your views on them, Thanks!

Hi there MWG, Had a quick look around and didn't find a thread related to this.

So let's get straight into it, I am a console gamer as-well as a PC gamer, I have been wrecking my brains over which console to buy in the future, And now that both have been announced I'm still unsure of what i want.

I am a loyal Xbox Live member, been with them for 5 years now on the Gold Subscription, However, I Also have a PS3...

Between the 2 consoles there's not a whole lot between them IMO...

I Prefer the online on the Xbox where as i like the single player and graphics on a PS3.

However back on topic, What are you guys/girls going for this year, Will it be the Sony PS4? Or the Microsoft Xbox ONE?

Let me know your views on them, Thanks!

I will be getting a ps4 as that seems to be more dedicated to being a games console rather than a media center , and i don't want to feel like i'm being watched all the time (xbox kinect) lol

I will be getting a ps4 as that seems to be more dedicated to being a games console rather than a media center , and i don't want to feel like i'm being watched all the time (xbox kinect) lol

Ahh yeah, I know what you mean, A lot of my online buddies have said the exact same thing.

The play station for sure.

Whoever states that there is little difference between the ps3 and the 360 clearly doesn't consider the technical specification.

I am sure that logic comes down to something like "They both play games, go online, have TV apps to watch catch up programs and watch DVD's", but 360 has no blu-ray and spec for spec, the PS3 pretty much wins on all fronts.

If, however, you only use it for games and not blu-ray etc, I guess that logic works.

One thing that I would like to point out is that xbox wouldn't be capable of this :)

The play station for sure.

Whoever states that there is little difference between the ps3 and the 360 clearly doesn't consider the technical specification.

I am sure that logic comes down to something like "They both play games, go online, have TV apps to watch catch up programs and watch DVD's", but 360 has no blu-ray and spec for spec, the PS3 pretty much wins on all fronts.

If, however, you only use it for games and not blu-ray etc, I guess that logic works.

One thing that I would like to point out is that xbox wouldn't be capable of this :)

Specification wise the PS3 probably does win, However it's how it uses that power, You'll find on both consoles the way it plays some games varies.

There are games which run smoother on the 360 and there are games which run smoother on the PS3.

Yes the PS3 Has Blu-Ray but that means nothing to me, Especially since my laptop is Blu-Ray.

I For one would say Xbox offer better online services, Then again it is a paid subscription (Gold). (Yes you can use a free Silver account but it has it's limits.)

All i need and all a video games console should be, Is a bad ass machine at playing games, all this extra Skype + play features and apps don't interest me, Especially since every app on the 360/Xbox ONE can be accessed on laptop/pc/tablet. :)

Currently, I'm not too sure. I have been a loyal Xbox fan, however thinking about the PS4's blue ray advantage has got me reconsidering. But I sure as hell hope PS4's controllers are bigger, my hands are too big for the current PS3 ones! :p

I Hate the play-station controllers! There so small and light in weight lol.

I For one would say Xbox offer better online services, Then again it is a paid subscription (Gold). (Yes you can use a free Silver account but it has it's limits.)

Playstion Plus is a paid subscription service, added onto the PSN.

I'll probably end up getting the PS4, only because Microsoft needed an outrage from their market to change the DRM policies.

Specification wise the PS3 probably does win, However it's how it uses that power, You'll find on both consoles the way it plays some games varies.

There are games which run smoother on the 360 and there are games which run smoother on the PS3.

I'd probably blame that on the developers of the games, rather than the consoles themselves.

The majority of the older ps3 games, are ports, rather than games developed with the PS3 in mind.

There's certainly games that show off the power of the ps3 on all fronts (9/10 Sony has something to do with the games' creation ) though generally these aren't comparable due to being limited to only the PS3.

(ala: The Last of Us, Uncharted, Infamous)

The controller I cannot comment on, whilst I have played on an Xbox a fair amount, I am used to the overall design of the PlayStation controllers, therefore the controller is not a problem for me.

Online play I do feel Xbox wins, however I don't know how much will change between what we've got now and what we'll get when the next-gen are released, however if I want to play online the PC is my default as a result PS3 doesn't get much online time except for NetFlix and the likes, and playing GTA/RDR.

I'll be going with the Xbox One.

Since Microsoft changed their DRM policies I don't really see any difference between them except the exclusive games.

I don't think either have good enough exclusives to warrant buying one or the other, but the online on Xbox is FAR better than PS.

They both have blue rays, both have cameras(kinect/move), both have decent controllers. Really the online is the only thing better.

And since Xbox One games can support huge battles now... I'd have to go with them.

Also microsoft opened the dev side of the xbox one so now ANYONE can create games without being connected to a major label.

This means tons of independent games will be released. PS also has this but I feel more devs will jump on the microsoft bandwagon.

I am definitely going with the PS4.

- PlayStation Loyalty

- PS is definitely capable of achieving a lot more than xbox (performance and graphics wise) just waiting for a developer to take advantage of what it is capable of.

- ^^ Hopefully since they have made PS4 a lot easier to develop on, someone will show us what it's capable of. (Suppose to be comparable to PC development)

- PS3 already has a few games supporting 100+ player battles, I assume PS4 and its servers will probably be capable of close or more than twice that.

- Multiple Awesome exclusives

- Wayyyy better specs

- I didn't think it was possible to add any more innovation to a controller, but Sony did it with the touch pad.

- Better online experience is coming since online play now requires a PlayStation Plus Subscription.

- 12 free games every month + discounts + other free stuff just for having a PlayStation Plus subscription

- No need to worry about common issues like red ring of death

The PS4 controller is reported to be a little bit bigger, but I have small - average size hands I guess and it is perfect for me. The only thing I don't like about the Xbox Controller is that it is un-symmetrical and the dead zones in the analog sticks.

Would be nice if both consoles made controllers in small and large though.

Edited by bluegman991

I do envy you PS3 users, with a game like The Last of Us, it's hard for me to stop myself go down to the shops and buy one for that game and Metal Gear Solid series.

Just completed it last week -- was on my "to buy" list as soon as I saw the release info, but when it was given a 10/10 from Sony, it made it to the top of my list and off I went to grab it. Totally loved the game!

Also microsoft opened the dev side of the xbox one so now ANYONE can create games without being connected to a major label.

This means tons of independent games will be released. PS also has this but I feel more devs will jump on the microsoft bandwagon.

Surely they'd go with the one with more sales, hence more computers?

Link to sale info

And when you consider a high percentage that died of RROD, the numbers become bloated on the xbox front since millions of them were killed by those faults, resulting in more sales from the die hard plans.

Another reason I'm going for the Xbox One, all my friends have it.

I want to play online with my friends and everyone I know is getting Xbox One.

I only know a handful of PS3 owners around and they all hate it because they can't play games with the rest of us.

- PS3 already has a few games supporting 100+ player battles, I assume PS4 and its servers will probably be capable of close or more than twice that.

- Multiple Awesome exclusives

- 12 free games every month + discounts + other free stuff just for having a PlayStation Plus subscription

- No need to worry about common issues like red ring of death

Xbox has all of this and the RRoD has been dead for quite some time.

In fact, Assassin's Creed 2 is now one of the freebies to download for Xbox 360 if you have a membership.

But really it all comes down to online and what my friends buy so I can game with them.

• 7 months later...