So this mod is W.I.P

8G5Da.jpg

9rFDN.jpg

Features

- New ticket

- Reply to ticket

- Staff can see all tickets

- User can only see some

- Config array to say who can use the ticket system and what staff can manage it

Feel free to post feature requests

Price: TBD

True be told. This mod goes around for free, what your trying to create here is roughly a Support Desk, with a few changes here and there.

http://makewebgames.io/showthread.php/38869-Support-Desk?highlight=Support+Desk

Your point? the "few changes here and there", will make it a ton better, plus some other benefits which I am not mentioning until release. Not being rude or anything but hey hoe

On topic: Done the timestamps

51qB8.jpg

Maybe send an E-mail to the user as well (they would need to put the E-mail in when the ticket is opened) since I assume this feature is for non members/members that can't access their account?

Nope this is for an internal ticketing system, if the user wants help with something, however in future this is a good idea thanks :)

It seems common that everyone forgets how people interact with these things, very boring table design which makes it look like any other mod.

I'd try and stand out by doing something a bit special with the interface, make it so the user doesn't feel like they're talking to a black and grey table, get some staff pictures. Force 'support' users to have friendly names I'd say.

It seems common that everyone forgets how people interact with these things, very boring table design which makes it look like any other mod.

I'd try and stand out by doing something a bit special with the interface, make it so the user doesn't feel like they're talking to a black and grey table, get some staff pictures. Force 'support' users to have friendly names I'd say.

Forcing something on someone is never good imo, boring table design? How can you spice it up with mccv2? Generally it's down to the layout, that is the default layout.

Nope this is for an internal ticketing system, if the user wants help with something, however in future this is a good idea thanks :)

You're welcome. In my opinion it makes a lot of sense to have it available both in, and out of the game. The biggest support issues would be those that break the account.

Not essentially, there is software that you can setup on your server to do it for you, or you can program one yourself in PHP.

Here's a quick tutorial: http://davidwalsh.name/gmail-php-imap

Seems interesting, however how many hosts would actually allow this? I don't think it would be wise to implement a feature only a handful of people would use.

Seems interesting, however how many hosts would actually allow this? I don't think it would be wise to implement a feature only a handful of people would use.

Any with IMAP enabled, I wrote an anonymous inbox script a few years back and all it did was grab all the emails from a mailbox and spit them out through PHP.

I'll dig the code out if you'd like? You can also run a PHP script as a process which catches all mail and stores it straight into a database but that would require root access and some server knowledge.

Any with IMAP enabled, I wrote an anonymous inbox script a few years back and all it did was grab all the emails from a mailbox and spit them out through PHP.

I'll dig the code out if you'd like? You can also run a PHP script as a process which catches all mail and stores it straight into a database but that would require root access and some server knowledge.

I'll have to pass for now, as I mentioned above I might include it in a future release.

My point? You can get it for free rather then paying, personally, and if you play your cards right, you can modify the free version.

Are you on the right thread? Can you quote what you are referring to? Cheers

• 8 months later...