MakeWebGames

Casual Social Open-Ended Virtual World project - looking for project contributors!

Adam_S.

Hi everyone,

As you may have seen in my introductory post about me and my projects, I have a ambitious plan for a virtual world I hope to make popular amongst 13-30 year olds as the intended target.

This virtual world has a main goal: socializing. Chat/seeing the users on the game world is the most important part. They will be able to do many various social interactions, from simple chatting, to traveling to different spots in the world, to PVP gaming, arcade gaming, using embedded widgets such as YouTube, Flickr, etc.

There is also intense customization, player-created quests and tools to make those quests, pets, environment types to suit all players, from medieval role play, to modern day city life, and much more.

These aspects all fall under one tag line: YOU(the player) create the world! You are the creator of everything in the game world and you decide what you want out of it all. Various wants from being a huge celebrity in-game, to a artist/mission creator, to much more, your imagination is the only limit in the game.

So hopefully I can find some volunteers for the project, including moderators, game artists, support staff, developers/technical support team, and many more people to help watch this game grow to become the next Second Life, this time though, in PHP/MySQL, no downloads, not even flash needed.

A demo using the NEABExplorer(game engine) is being produced to show our vision of in-world characters/spaces/a basic quest and we hope to get to work soon using the miniNEAB v5.0 engine, which once again, as I had stated, is a impressive engine and kudos to A. Bertand, creator of this wonderful engine and of the game powered by it, Nowhere Else and Beyond (NEAB).

Thanks for reading.

i could be support staff or game artist, i did the home pic for mafiadreams.com

You're trying to get your hands into to many jars, whilst not fully showing us what abilities you have.

Why is this so suspicious to me (surprising usually I don't give a crap)?

Good luck with your project Adam_S.

Hi ColdBlooded,

We(as in my team of developers/artists friends that work on the game too) have a few complications regarding Facebook Apps:

•We have already paid for domain, hosting, etc. for this project.

•The Facebook developer platform is much too complicated due to always changing technology/policies to permanently host it on their app platform. Though, we do have plans to introduce embeds of the game for Facebook as well as the regular webmaster.

•We prefer standalone hosting as we aren't then bound by one company's policies which may range into some pretty outrageous requests from them to modify the game.

Hi ColdBlooded,

We(as in my team of developers/artists friends that work on the game too) have a few complications regarding Facebook Apps:

•We have already paid for domain, hosting, etc. for this project.

•The Facebook developer platform is much too complicated due to always changing technology/policies to permanently host it on their app platform. Though, we do have plans to introduce embeds of the game for Facebook as well as the regular webmaster.

•We prefer standalone hosting as we aren't then bound by one company's policies which may range into some pretty outrageous requests from them to modify the game.

The Facebook developer platform isn't complicated at all, you can take a standalone site and just integrate key parts of the Facbeook API.

Such as login, sharing etc.

Well as stated, we do also have legalities to worry about and they are more the main focus than technical requirements. We have planned though after we get the engine all working and launch the site post-private beta, we will look into embeddable versions of the game into Facebook, Hi5, and a few other gaming platforms, but for now, we just focus on the main standalone game.

Hi guys,

I am currently working on two back-burner projects - the game demo showing in-world looks, etc. and a tool for custom content creators to test their avatars/game items in.

I need suggestions for the in-world demo. So far, I am only building the world itself; there are currently no other avatars, missions, or anything else to demo.

Do you have any suggestions as to what I should put into the demo? Post below!

Bringing the thread back up. :)

A few facts to interest you:

-The engine is planned to be a modified miniNEAB.

-The game's art style is mostly pixel art isometric objects.

-Development is hoped to end around Fall 2013.