MakeWebGames

Buying browser based games

Manworm

Hi,

I'm buying some browser games ..

budget per game $2k . I can pay more fo something worth it ..

I will also buy games worth less than that .. just send anything for sale with price and traffic sources / number of users etc

I've been in the internet marketing field for 8 years now .. so please don't waste my time with stupid offers and PMs .. I know exactly how much a game / website is worth.

Thanks

Well... a 2k game is worth... not much... for sure ;-)

1) It's a premade code (nothing special)

2) It doesn't have many customers, or it's not making any money.

Why?

1) Because if it's a self written code, nobody would sell you the full rights for such low price. Even myself I would never sell NWE right for something like that and it is not even a running game.

2) If you have even a bit of customers you should be able to do more in 1 year time, so why loose money by selling it to you?

So why would you invest in such shames?

Man, I'll be on my way actually .. this is bizarre .. first time it happens to me ..

You are an "ADMIN" you know what that means ? it means you must be the first one to to know about how a forum works !

You are confusing a "Thread" and a "private message" , or maybe a "chat room" ..

if you have something unrelated to say, just pm me, don't spam the thread ...

People who are interested will contact me, and they do what they want with their games, I do what I want with my money ! people who are not interested will just ignore my thread

seriously ? you run your forum this way ?

I'm out of here ..

Well... a 2k game is worth... not much... for sure ;-)

1) It's a premade code (nothing special)

2) It doesn't have many customers, or it's not making any money.

Why?

1) Because if it's a self written code, nobody would sell you the full rights for such low price. Even myself I would never sell NWE right for something like that and it is not even a running game.

2) If you have even a bit of customers you should be able to do more in 1 year time, so why loose money by selling it to you?

So why would you invest in such shames?

A forum (for anyhow still reading) is a place to discuss and give our opinion. There is only a couple of things we don't want here: totally out of topic (which wasn't the case), insults, and illegal activities. You don't like our forum? fine go somewhere else, sorry but I don't have to please every and single one out there. If you post in a public place, expect to get public answers.

Manworm he is just advising that on a $2,000 budget you'd struggle to get high quality custom content.

This doesn't at all mean you cannot find a well produced game running a pre-built script which could easily make a return on the initial investment.

Manworm he is just advising that on a $2,000 budget you'd struggle to get high quality custom content.

This doesn't at all mean you cannot find a well produced game running a pre-built script which could easily make a return on the initial investment.

Yes, and I don't really want an established game .. I know what $2k can buy ...

For games with income, I can pay more no problem ..

So maybe you should explain more clearly what you are after. Invest in new games? Buy yourself some scripts? Or buy an established game? And what's exactly the budget you want to invest? 100$ for a premade script (that's somehow the price), or load more (10-50K) if the game is a great success? And who will run the game after purchase? You? or the current admin?

Alain, like I've said before even $100.00 engine powered games end up making good several thousand $ with great happy large community. Don't be so demoralizing on the start up of a MMORPG title. All depends on how much effort is put in developing "addictive" "interesting" community/features(gameplay).

You absolutely don't always need to invest few hefty thousand dollars on a title initially.

No you don't need to invest thousands at start but then you need to invest time and efforts on the content, the game rules, the look and feel and the marketing. If somebody believes that he can just invest 100$ and get rich without doing anything it's a pure dream. Sorry CB but here you are completely wrong if you advertise your products differently.

No you don't need to invest thousands at start but then you need to invest time and efforts on the content, the game rules, the look and feel and the marketing. If somebody believes that he can just invest 100$ and get rich without doing anything it's a pure dream. Sorry CB but here you are completely wrong if you advertise your products differently.

Yeah I agree there if no effort is invested then end result will be fruitless. Effort = time = money. Most valuable thing you can invest is those 3 things which all ties into just 1 definition. Very low chances to succeed if you buy a title for a lump sum $ and don't invest constant work into it. MMORPGs never work like that as many newbie game owners think.

I know exactly how much a game / website is worth.

Bull****. You can't just say "You know exactly how much a website is worth". I can give you one of the most basic of the basic css1 plain text website's, and it can still have much revenue, but then you'll say "Its worth only $50 because of the design", When in fact it can be bringing in revenue of $25 a day. Which means, in 4 day's I would have surpassed your offer twice.

So before you run your mouth and set your budget at $2,000. Rather advertise that you are looking for an established game, and that you have money to spend. Then you would not have arrogant responses such as Alain's telling you, your budget is too low.

There are many thing's to consider before even evaluating a website.

Sim: not sure about it. If you look at google or facebook, they actually had LOADS of investment BEFORE actually producing even 1 cent. Or myspace which has been sold multiple times didn't sold based on the profit. Some times the value of a website is hard to calculate as it could be purely the number of visitors, or the tech behind, or just the name of the domain.

So saying that the value of a website is 10x its monthly profit is a bit of limiting. Think also, why should I sell as I could as well keep it for 10 other months and do the same amount ;-)

However yes it's the price people on this board think is fair.

I said usually. I use to flip website's on sitepoint, DP and other various sites and that's what you "usually" get for them. Of course there is certain factors too.

People sell for various reason's, they need some quick cash for real life( not internet) xmas is coming up. People get tired of there sites. Main reason I sold so many of my previous ones.