MakeWebGames

GoDaddy Taken Down!

Frosty

GoDaddy Taken Down!

A member of the hacker group Anonymous is claiming responsibility for taking down the popular web hosting service GoDaddy.com. The company's main site was taken down, however the attack appears to be affecting GoDaddy's customers as well.

Earlier this afternoon, a Twitter account connected with Anonymous announced that it was responsible for taking down the GoDaddy website.

Meanwhile, the GoDaddy Twitter account has apologize to users, and asked them to remain patient. They assure their customers that the company is working to resolve the issue as fast as possible.

So many messages, can't get to you all... Sorry to hear all your frustration. We're working feverishly to resolve as soon as possible. — Go Daddy (@GoDaddy) September 10, 2012

The attack on GoDaddy appears to be fairly extensive as users are reportedly complaining of widespread service interruptions. According to TechCrunch, sites hosted on the service are down and some users are unable to access their GoDaddy-hosted email accounts. GoDaddy's phone and DNS service also appeared to be interrupted.

Source:

http://www.idigitaltimes.com/articles/11188/20120910/godaddy-hacked-anonymous.htm

Personally i am glad they have been taken down for supporting SOPA and then quickly retreating because it did not look good on them, they are cowards and they honestly don't care about anything except lining their pockets at any cost.

GoDaddy Taken Down!

A member of the hacker group Anonymous is claiming responsibility for taking down the popular web hosting service GoDaddy.com. The company's main site was taken down, however the attack appears to be affecting GoDaddy's customers as well.

Earlier this afternoon, a Twitter account connected with Anonymous announced that it was responsible for taking down the GoDaddy website.

Meanwhile, the GoDaddy Twitter account has apologize to users, and asked them to remain patient. They assure their customers that the company is working to resolve the issue as fast as possible.

So many messages, can't get to you all... Sorry to hear all your frustration. We're working feverishly to resolve as soon as possible. — Go Daddy (@GoDaddy) September 10, 2012

The attack on GoDaddy appears to be fairly extensive as users are reportedly complaining of widespread service interruptions. According to TechCrunch, sites hosted on the service are down and some users are unable to access their GoDaddy-hosted email accounts. GoDaddy's phone and DNS service also appeared to be interrupted.

Source:

http://www.idigitaltimes.com/articles/11188/20120910/godaddy-hacked-anonymous.htm

Personally i am glad they have been taken down for supporting SOPA and then quickly retreating because it did not look good on them, they are cowards and they honestly don't care about anything except lining their pockets at any cost.

I don't know how they do it, but them not actually getting caught once is pretty slick of them. Plus, Anonymous have their reasons...

Edited by The Coder

I don't know how they do it, but them not actually getting caught once is pretty slick of them. Plus, Anonymous have their reasons...

I'm sure they do, and whilst I don't condone the actions of Anonymous (to clarify, I generally agree with their goals, just not the methods to achieve such goals), I must say GoDaddy, more than likely deserved it.

Though I do feel bad, for those that simply were blissfully unaware of GoDaddy's shady behavior (choose what you want to believe on the web, but it's relatively well documented), that now have their services (and possibly even livelihood) interrupted.

prove to me they arn't that good

Yep, I have to say x10 is abit rubbish, sorry. I had a hosted site on there server, they a connection error erasing some data. And I ultimately forced to re-upload, but thats all forgotten about, and not to much was lost, I guess...:(

And I love how Namescheap take advantage of the situation! :P

Actually they do get caught quite frequently. I believe they arrested a couple from the U.K. earlier this year for the Playstation take down. The group is just so huge, and so spread out that they cant get all of them all the time. Plus not everyone of them are involved so its not like they can go after all of them too

prove to me they arn't that good

Prove to us they are good.

30 GB Storage

0.5 TB Bandwidth †

0.75 GB RAM

0.5 GB VSwap

1 CPU Core ‡

100 Mbps Uplink

1 IPv4 Address

You get what you pay for I guess

Actually they do get caught quite frequently. I believe they arrested a couple from the U.K. earlier this year for the Playstation take down. The group is just so huge, and so spread out that they cant get all of them all the time. Plus not everyone of them are involved so its not like they can go after all of them too

Prove to us they are good.

You get what you pay for I guess

ah you posted there vps there premium host is this

UNLIMITED Storage

UNLIMITED Bandwidth

UNLIMITED Domains

UNLIMITED Email Accounts

UNLIMITED Databases

Free Automated Backups

Free Site Builder

Free Instant Setup

150+ Free Scripts

cPanel 11.32+

got the webiste here http://x10premium.com/

an btw i got a bigger vps on there atm running centOS with 5 habbo retros and i had no lagg no connnection problems and no errors

Edited by Raven1992

UNLIMITED Storage

UNLIMITED Bandwidth

UNLIMITED Domains

UNLIMITED Email Accounts

UNLIMITED Databases

Free Automated Backups

Free Site Builder

Free Instant Setup

150+ Free Scripts

cPanel 11.32+

an btw i got a bigger vps on there atm running centOS with 5 habbo retros and i had no lagg no connnection problems and no errors

It's off-topic, perhaps make a new topic?

Also, there is no such thing as 'unlimited'. The universe isn't even unlimited.

Personally, if you follow a religion, the world could end at any second...In which case I do, so, personally, that decision is upto god. :p

Out of curiosity, and no arguments or racial statements please, does anyone not exactly have a particular religion, but does believe there is a higher source of energy?

Personally, if you follow a religion, the world could end at any second...In which case I do, so, personally, that decision is upto god. :p

Out of curiosity, and no arguments or racial statements please, does anyone not exactly have a particular religion, but does believe there is a higher source of energy?

Same here :)

I do. I believe in a God, which could be anything, as we do not know. It could be a particle or anything, I just don't believe in any type of religion trying to tell me how to live my life. I don't scam people and I won't want to rip any one off or take what is not mine, if I do, I make a list of names I owe for further references. I believe in treating people right who deserve it, but not someone telling me I have to treat everyone right. On top of all of that, I do not like religion's for most as I see mostly hatred come out of them and war.

UNLIMITED Storage

UNLIMITED Bandwidth

UNLIMITED Domains

UNLIMITED Email Accounts

UNLIMITED Databases

Free Automated Backups

Free Site Builder

Free Instant Setup

150+ Free Scripts

cPanel 11.32+

got the webiste here http://x10premium.com/

x10 is only good for testing nothing more, I have had numerous times when i was unable to login to my cpanel, and unable to access my domain, they are the worst hosting IMO!! They have good support and that is it!!