Sporto

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 6 months later...

If module developers plan for it, this could be used

/mines/bb5e994f726ece014504f45bf30fc56f/1

The first positions in the url array is system reserved for token and module name. Or they could be configured as part of the config.xml system, and perhaps auto assigned to $_GET['mine'].

Or less pretty, but should work fine and not effect existing modules

/mines/bb5e994f726ece014504f45bf30fc56f/?mine=1

Something I wrote sometime ago

.htaccess

RewriteRule ^(.*) test/index.php?first=/$1

Then in test/index.php I did

$rq_pices = explode('/',$_GET['first']);

if( $rq_pices[2] == 'backend' ){ //Ajax request
if($rq_pices[2] == 'backend' && in_array($rq_pices[3], $pages_bc)){
	include 'backend/'.$rq_pices[3].'.php';	
	die;
}else {
	echo 'Aouch not a proper rear entry';
	die;	
}
} 
Edited by Someone

Could be done, however the way I would prefer it would be via the config.xml which would define the position of each parameter and then have a module called at first which would split the things for you. As a module, you would get the things as always. However to make this work, all modules need to be checked and modified to make sure all works and is properly setup in the config.xml

Honestly I don't think it makes all that sense, I mean, does it change an inch for the player? No, anyhow you can't bookmark, nor you can't call directly any of those pages. So I find it ultimately a bit futile.

Look at the big boys out there:

Google link:

www.google.com/#hl=en&tbo=d&output=search&sclient=psy-ab&q=test&oq=test&gs_l=hp.3..35i39l2j0l2.998.1646.0.1803.4.4.0.0.0.0.192.626.0j4.4.0.les%3B..0.0...1c.1.U8QTqnJXEKc&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.r_qf.&bvm=bv.1355534169,d.Yms&fp=35a1f62ae367c9fb&bpcl=40096503&biw=1186&bih=684

Youtube

Of course you can find examples which are different but still, it doesn't change much the game play ;)

BTW for SEO optimization => it has no real effects

So I will keep this request in mind, but do not give it too much weight.

request chance in inventory

Only see item images of Equipped items .

Because if i have like 50 diferent items in my inventory its shows a big list of item images .

Also if you check a items you see the information about it + the image .

Here i would like it if i can browse al the items bye moving to left or right (like torn city has )

ok sorry for my bad english

idea 1 : as i am adding images to all my items its a bit to mutch of the images in my inventory so i would like to only see the images of the equipped items

idea 2 : if you click a item you get the info popup here i would like it if i can browse to other items like torn has

hope u understand my ideas

The pretty url to me would be neat, but a must. It has no value other than looking better and perhaps take away a bit of the feel of browsing the web. If I really really wanted to have this I suppose I could just make a template where the game is inside the a frame, the url would then remain the same to the user.

1) I would like to see the Location be more customizable:

Default Clan Ownership

Current Clan Ownership (and actions to take it over or defend it)

Location Image

Location Description

Walls/Moats etc

(or some sort of custom fields which might be cooler but take more time?)

2) I would like a map builder, so you can see the 'board' to some extent. That could be fun, like a map.

3) Maybe some more template calls available. LeftTopBox (html), RightTopBox (html), LeftBottomBox (html) and RightBottomBox (html).

Essentially to make areas like xoops.org (cms) system used to do. Or better yet, a number of different box area calls for more flexibility. Like RedBox, BlueBox.

BlueBox(header_var, content_var); or Box1(xx,xx);

Redbox(header_var, content_var); or Box2(xx,xx);

4) (Pipe dream lol) The ability to call a function with different names and hide the source file. Clan's for example, could be called, ah (Guild and/or Faction). Just so I wouldn't have to copy the code and change all the internal names. Like a 'type' of clan. Just a thought. I don't know how you would do that. But JUST in case. :)

Thank you for all the hard work! Happy owner of newworlds.

Greg

(Also bought neab but have NO idea how to get it running, but that's my problem)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i have some ideas for the nw engine

voting module : members can vote for the site and recieve a reward

Staff page : see who is a staff member and what there job is

Donator : we now have the premium but i would like if members could buy donator status with giving them extras

New ideas

Change the Fight option on vieuw player into a new fight where you can Hospitalized other players

Award system : players can get awards and would be showing on profile ( player gets somthing for the reward )

Locations : adding time to go to a other location

referral link : players getting somthing for recruiting friends

Facebook log in : doesnt need more info i think

Ban : not the forum ban ( game ban )

i know i ask alot but i am still learning to code so i cant make it myself .

if anyone could make 1 or more of these things i am willing to pay ( only via the official module way )

New ideas

Change the Fight option on vieuw player into a new fight where you can Hospitalized other players

Award system : players can get awards and would be showing on profile ( player gets somthing for the reward )

Locations : adding time to go to a other location

referral link : players getting somthing for recruiting friends

Facebook log in : doesnt need more info i think

Ban : not the forum ban ( game ban )

i know i ask alot but i am still learning to code so i cant make it myself .

if anyone could make 1 or more of these things i am willing to pay ( only via the official module way )

Actually tomorrow morning I was planning on starting to see if I can contribute to the engine by trying to make most of those you mentioned because all of those are available with mc code so I was going to try to recreate them for nwe and upload them after dish out the $20 for dev version with market access. The referral system should be quite easy a long with achievements. And travel times should be fairly simple so let me see what I can do

• 6 months later...

Easy stat creation/modification

A module for easy adding of new stats or modifying the existing ones. I would like to add a few more battle stats and perhaps work stats too. I read a description here in the forums that involved editing the DB and that is a bit beyond my capabilities, I am afraid I will damage the DB. The more stats the game has the more it's possible to do with the game and create a richer experience for the players, so I will have to deal with this one way or another sooner or later.

Education system

The ability to enroll in different educations that will improve your stats differently depending on which education you pick.

Ammunition module

Module for ammunition based weapons like a bow or gun alternatively a modification of the current module (tables-objects-weapons). It would be nice if it took into consideration the accuracy, rate of fire and size of magazine. So different guns will fire a different number of bullets per turn and having to sacrifice one turn for reloading if they run out of ammo before the fight is over. The user will have to enter type of ammo used, rate of fire (shots per minute that will be divided by the module to get number of shots per turn in the battle), size of magazine or the number of bullets that can be fired between reloading and a figure for accuracy (maybe a percentage? = never hits and 100 hits every time). For historical weapons a factor for weapon reliability might also be interesting, the weapon might fail or break down x% of the times it is fired.

Main menu editor

An easy way of moving around stuff between the main menu and the city screen(s). Been trying hard to find a way of "cleaning up" the interface but find it difficult. It would be nice to be able to group together different shops etc under a head line in the town view, Then I could have a merchant quarter, red light district, a mine, city center etc. My ultimate goal is to have a couple of cities with different shops, quests and services. I want only the base functions in the side bar and move the rest to the towns to give them more of a city feeling. This together with the new stats is actually why I am on the forum now, looking for an easy way to achieve it.

It's entirely possible that there are easy ways to achieve this that I have not yet found, if so please bare with me, I have only had the engine for three days and I might have missed a lot. I am very impressed with the engine, it's very capable. The problem is in most cases finding where to alter stuff but most times there is a way, it only takes time to find it.

1) Easy stat creation / modification: on purpose I left that out of the admin panel, because you should not edit it once the game started. Fiddle around player stats may create a huge mess (like you lower some max stats or whatever). Honestly, it's not so hard, you check how the existing stats are defined, read the columns names and you should be able to create new one.

2) You can make this mod yourself, as the class picker or the work module (it would be like a mix of the 2)

3) Again, nothing to do with the base engine, therefore you should do it yourself.

4) Here, the engine is not currently thought to let you group things as you wish, as those are defined by the modules. I would suggest to drop the side_menu module and create a replacement menu module which would fit your needs.

Thank you very much for your reply. You have given me some ideas that I will try as soon as my real life work permits. Education seems to be the easiest one to make after reading your reply and while doing that I might get some clearer idea of how to do the rest. It will probably end up as a big exercise of copy and paste from the other modules to steal code that does what I need it to do... Well, as long as it works. I can always go back to it later and do some updates when I know what i am doing!