MakeWebGames

Official make a wish thread: Request an official mod

Sporto

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, in a previous email to Alain, he told me to post any request and he would see if it could be worked into the design timeline as a modular update. Should have noted that in the previous post. Not meaning to offend. :)

I guess maybe a thread for "Module Requests" would be a better place for my request and not here. :)

Official make a wish thread: Request an official mod

As I said to many of you, I'm willing to take into consideration any module development which will then be delivered in the official package. Which means, if I develop a mod it will be available to all of you. For this, the mod need to be somewhat neutral to the game theme like "clans" would be accepted where "pirate bar" will not. The more precise you will be with the description the more likely the module will be developed I mean, "do me a one click game" will not cut it, where a complete description of the problem, rules and possible customization would certainly improve my interest in developing it.

That been said, not all requests (even valid one) will be implemented. And don't even bother to ask for a custom payed mod I will simply not do it. However I do know a couple of people which may do it for you or yet better ask openly in the forums if there is any developer wishing to develop something custom for your own game.

So let's the requests flood!

I just wanted to redefine my module request to make it more generic. Would it be possible for the game engine to support multiple locations that an owner could add? Quests, shops, npc's, etc would all be location specific and could be defined accordingly. I feel other game types could also benefit from this as well. Thank you for your time. :) ~Sean

NPC Shop modification request - Would it be possible to modify the NPC Shop system to allow for conditions to be assigned to each shop. IE - Only Farmers can see/use this show, and/or only level 5 and above can see/use this shop?

Haven't played any lately, used to play wow and a few text-based ones. I have an idea I'm running around with on a specific game and some core features that would make it easy to build. Separate locations, shops for certain character classes, things that don't become available until you reach a certain level. I'm trying to see how much the engine can do before I start narrowing down on how I want the game to play. :)

How hard would it be to allow players to have multiple characters? When they start the game, they obviously have to create one, but what about allowing them to have multiple characters? Perhaps donators could "buy" a character slot and even "buy" a special class made available to them?

Actually, I am going to "try" to add game content that is "personalized" to different character classes. So if you play as a "fighter" you will have different quests and shops available to you than if you played a "thief". This would allow me to keep the same person playing the same area multiple times as different characters to try and get all the content available. Plus, if I could somehow manage to make certain character classes available only to donators, then that might help too.

PS - Lol to Zu! ;)

New request for train mod modification = Can you add option on whether or not to show trainings that the player does not qualify for? If the game-wide option to hide unqualified trainings is set to yes, then when they go to train, only trainings that they qualify for will be present at all.

• 3 weeks later...

This is not really a mod as much as a slight change to the core... Could you provide a switch to select either loading the title of the game via the individual letters like it currently does, or a simple image placeholder? Loading all the images for the individual letters causes the first page opening to come slowly, as opposed to a single image of the entire name.

Mmm the page should come fast and then the letter should load, to have a single image, I would strongly suggest you to simply create an image for it and change the template accordingly. You don't need a mod or a core change (BTW that doesn't touch the core engine).

• 4 weeks later...

Is there anything more that can be done with the combat mod? I was wondering if there could be a difference between ranged weapons and melee weapons perhaps? I was wanting to add a few more basic character stats and use them for different aspects of the game and combat in general. An example of my idea would be Constitution to determine HP per level. Strength for melee damage and resistance to melee damage. Dexterity for ranged accuracy/damage, and ranged defensive modification. Is this possible with the current incarnation of the combat system or is this a potential "new generation" of combat for a future release? I wanted to be able to "flesh-out" the characters a bit and give them more than just two stats to train. I was also looking into adding an intelligence type stat for crafting adjustments, etc...

Well, I hardly see how the ranged combat vs melee combat weapon could be implemented as we don't have a distance between the opponents. For the remaining wishes, well, I don't think it makes all that sense to yet change the engine combat to reflect your wishes as it would make it basically pretty much tailored for you. I don't say your wishes don't make senses, but it simply make the combat as YOU would like it. What is sure, is that the combat need some refinements.

Currently I do have a lot of real life work, so expect like a delay of 2 weeks before I release the next version of NWE.

I am sorry for the appearance that I am trying to get the engine tailored to my needs specifically. I figured that if everyone who wanted to use this engine put their mod wishes and feature wishes into the bucket, a more versatile, rounded engine would come out of it. I guess since there is not much requesting going on besides me, I can see how this would appear to be my requests only. Thank you for all your hard work and it does not go unappreciated, believe me! I wish I were a better coder to help develop myself but as it is, the best I can do right now is bug test and offer suggestions/requests. :)