MakeWebGames

Selling Redux Licence

Calum

• 2 weeks later...

There is only this;

When you recieve the MCCodes v2 engine, you are not allowed to resell it under any circumstances! The MCCodes engine has been registered for legal copyright protection. So we can take action if you resell OR give out to people.

Then there is this;

[...] the code does not legally belong to you, only the license to use it.

So you're not allowed to resell the engine, however the license is yours to do with, what you wish.

(you may need to contact MCCodes support to transfer licenses, but there should be no issues with actually selling,swapping,giving, even running around with it in your pants (may need to print it out first) if you so desire; licenses)

Official word:

Yes, you can sell licenses to other people. This means you have to stop using it on whatever domain you bought it for and they are also limited to using it under the same terms you were (one domain).

Contact us to do this so we can move the license over to your customer account so you can redownload the source & receive updates etc.

HOWEVER: If you bought a Redux license for $40 you may NOT sell or transfer it. These discount licenses are for the purchaser's use only and you must pay additional fees to allow it to be transferred/sold.

HOWEVER: If you bought a Redux license for $40 you may NOT sell or transfer it. These discount licenses are for the purchaser's use only and you must pay additional fees to allow it to be transferred/sold.

Hang on, so I buy this licence for $40 then it I wan to then sell it again, I have to pay? Why, its my licence, I should be able to do with it what I want. If I went and bought an apple share for the $1000+ it costs for one, I could sell it for $2000+, or $2 if I really wanted too. Without paying apple for the right to do so.

Nah. I was referring to the Redux licenses purchasable for $40 USD on mccodes.com which are specifically intended for v2 owners to make new games with Redux themselves or change their existing game to Redux. They are discounted for this reason and thus carry extra license terms.

If this license has been purchased for the full price from MCCodes and Calum is just choosing to sell it for $40 then there is nothing wrong with that!

Rest assured that there are additional license terms which the user must accept in the special discounted Redux purchase page.

As a final note on it, the principle behind these terms is relatively simple - it stops v2 owners from just buying the license for $40, selling it to someone else without a v2 license for somewhere between 40 and 120, and making a profit whilst doing very little.

@SRB

It is prohibited (strictly not allowed) to buy MCCodes Redux (V2.5) at the loyalty discounted price for anyone but you. Upon purchasing MCCodes Redux (V2.5) via the discount coupon, it will register the license under your details and domain name only. This is non-transferable to any other MCCOdes.com client account, and you must contact MCCodes for further details if you wish to onsell any game made using this extra license.

That is a direct quote of the license for the 2.5 discount.

Then why does it matter to you, and why are you making such a big deal about it?

But, it's on the page when you click "Redux discount information" before you click the buy button to buy the upgrade. only visible to people who have mcc v2 and are able to get the discount.

I think it's a good thing people like SRB come forward not being afraid of critical observation. It a good balance in power. You know, if scrutiny didn't exist, people will be getting away with selling peanuts as gold and newbs(like me) will buy it thinking it's gold. Atleast this way we have a fair chance to make our mind up.

Its a discussion forum booher which gives SRB every right to discuss the matter.

I was more focusing on the "why are you making such a big deal about it". As in why is he accusing them of changing the license all the time when he has never seen it in the first place.