MakeWebGames

whats the best game engine?

LearningCoder

GRPG website has been down for some time. You can find a download link, but I am unsure about legal status so unless you can contact the original creator I would say don't use it.

As for the "best engine" best for what? Looking for a pre-built game you can just expand or more of a framework type engine.

I would like one where i can just expand on it, i was looking to buy mccodes but is there any versions that have all exploits/bugs sorted?

Not really. 2.03 was a massive improvement, but it's not all shorted. What I would suggest is maybe waiting until march to see the new worlds engine (a_bertrand's one) or maybe trying gangster legends (unsure about bugs on this one).

@LearninCoder, if it looks and works pretty much the same, you can consider it a copy..

@danny, You're more than welcome to give your opinion on it. But please respect his choices as well, if you can't, then stay out of the thread. If he decided to copy torn, so be it. No need to keep going on about it.

I see LearningCoder a question like "Is it like McCode" is it releated to my own engine called New Worlds Engine? If yes, then the answer is no. Beside sharing the same language under (PHP) and the same database (MySQL) the similarity ends by the fact it produce a game. Everything else, from concept of the engine, to how it works is quiet different. Yet nothing prevent you to make the exact same kind of modules with it like you would have them in McCode.

im not copying torn though im using EZRPG not mccodes and i just seen it on the ezrpg forum yesterday and it might still be classed as copying but im making it different from torn.

Copying means more than ctrl + c & ctrl + v. If you copy concept, ideas, look and feel, functionality, ... basically whatever, you could consider it a copy. And no, I'm not saying that you can't or shouldn't. And yes, you'll always have similarities between games, or software for that matter. A good concept will always return. Look at the wheel for instance ;) A gang/alliance/faction/clan concept is public domain really, it's about the same. Using ezRPG instead of MCCode doesn't make it any less of a copy.

Just try to be original, and do it yourself. I've seen too many ctrl +c /ctrl+v type of things. If it's the same so be it, I do not mind if it (bene)fits your game, as long that the game itself is not a total copy of something else.