MakeWebGames

Code views and Chrome

Whenever I post any code, wrapped in a [ code ] container, it doesn't display.

It works in all other browsers on my system.

How to replicate:

<?php

echo 'This is supposed to display, but doesn\'t';

?>

Just did it.

Technical:

Browser: Chrome 13.0.782.112 m

<?php

echo 'This shows no problems';

?>

Technical:

Browser: Chrome 13.0.782.112 m

• 4 months later...
It's an issue with chrome / platform integration, as it only affects some chrome users. For instance, I can't use the syntax highlighter with chrome + ubuntu 11.04, while it all works fine on W7 Pro.

not true due to I use firefox 9.0.1 and it does not display code thats wrapped in a [ code ] tag or [ php ] as long as I am logged in, that basically tells me it's a forum issue based on how it has been installed/updated

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
not true due to I use firefox 9.0.1 and it does not display code thats wrapped in a [ code ] tag or [ php ] as long as I am logged in, that basically tells me it's a forum issue based on how it has been installed/updated

I hate to agree with oversized signature arrogance, but 'ts true Nick.

Code boxes are in bounds of a JS execution somewhere.

Oh, and PS.: Code views works on index page(content). Just not in forum posts.

Edited by Spudinski
  • Like 1

I'm sorry for not replying any earlier, I thought I had. While the issue might be at the forum, I won't deny that, it just seems strange to me. Why? Because I use Firefox 9.0.1 on a W7, it displays it fine without any issues. Google chrome from v14, till 16.0.912.x on W7 work fine as well. Firefox 9.0.1 on Ubuntu 10.10 works fine as well, I haven't found any issues with my chrome installation just yet.

Also, the syntax highlighter is purely JavaScript (http://alexgorbatchev.com/SyntaxHighlighter) It hasn't been changed since it was added. We've looked through it, but haven't found anything yet. If you have any idea, you can always contact me, but I still believe it's due to your browser (options / settings).

So please, do explain why only 2 users seem to be effected while I haven't received any report yet by any other user?

Well, I have a clean OS installation of W7 Ultimate 64bit and the latest Chrome browser(with only Adblock, and no it isn't). It isn't working on this OS either.

But as said the problem is only within forum posts, everywhere else - including other websites - it works absolutely fine.

My only suggestion as to what it might be is a JS execution on this page, that causes some sort of conflict between the forum and JS addon.

Spud.. not sure if your having same issue with me with Internet explorer but do you find when copying and pasting from any website even non forum types the text is all 1 line... compared to lets say about 20 that you copied

Nope, but that is probably because of a character set you use.

You wouldn't all happen to be on the default theme would you? Morbid blue includes the JS for the [ code ] tags, the other seems not to do so (or I missed it when looking).

Nice catch.

Nickson has added the js to all possible themes, and it's currently displaying code on each. :D

Edited by Djkanna

Client side syntax highlighter has been added to all possible themes. As far as I know the issue should be resolved for everyone.

Kudos to Dominion for paying attention

Kudos to Djkanna for his involvement

Kudos to Octarine for being correct (Client side syntax highlighters are a PITA)