MakeWebGames

Haunted Dawg

Ok well I gave him until the end of this month to refund me. Alas no refund so here we are.

I paid Haunted Dawg to slice a PSD to HTML as per the offer which is still in his profile (no longer available).

This was back in August 2010. Last message from him about it was back in September where he said he would send it. He promptly disappeared from these forums until recently.

Upon his return I asked for the work or a refund. Apparently hard drive (a frav excuse for this type of work) failed so the work has been lost. Doesnt have any money so cannot refund.

So I gave until the end of the month to refund. The response was rather pathetic at best. I do not have the money so cant refund you and I doubt ill have the money by the end of the month.

Honestly I am not that bothered about the money its a very small amount which is why I find his statement I will not have the money really lame and pathetic. However obviously as he has returned to the forums and is posting quoting for how he can do work for other members then its only fair that others know of the experience and can decide for themselves.

Moderators ....private messages are in my account and can be viewed to prove my post. Around page 6 and 7.

Personally I would like banned or him stripped of his sage status as its misleading. Such a status on the forum gives the impression that he is a trusted member of the forum.

Edit...

For those that are concerned about me getting scammed. I am really not bothered as the money is very small to me. Its the principal in that he is not bothered. The friend who was going to be doing the game is no longer interested in the project so please no offers for the work.

Hmm, I've got to be honest all I've heard are good (or at least good ish) praises about him, never personally hired him myself.

@Sage, it's just how many posts he has (most of which I see are him and Zero throwing hissy fits (don't ask - was going to say something else but I'm sure it's inappropriate) at each other), so well you're probably right for the first part, to me that doesn't give off the perfect image, then again I'm not new so I couldn't say!

If I was you I'd worry about the being scammed part, in essence you've just handed out free money. (on that note hit me up please. ^.^)

Sorry I've not had a very productive day, so being completely serious isn't an option right now, I need the jokes (bad maybe so but jokes nonetheless).

@Dave Well I chose not to do screens as then its well a screen can be faked etc. I have evidence if people wish and admins/moderators wish to see it.

@DJK. Yes I see your point I was scammed as I paid for something didnt receive it and I am not going to get my money back. I suppose I could play fire with fire. I have a modification of his and I could distribute for free. However I dont feel good about that I do however feel better knowing that his chances of getting further work is reduced by this post.

Let me make it clear though. I am quite busy I run a business that is online, a retail outlet and this year have invested in two other business ventures to expand.

My game ruler of zu takes up any spare time and coding / gaming I do as my hobby and for fun. Therefore if I need something done then ill sometimes outsource which is what I did here. It didnt work which sometimes in business it does not. Doesnt mean that the other party will get away with it though - one way or another.

You can do what you want, i have been gone from coding for a very long time, i asked DJK last to pay for my hosting which he gladly did, i still have not received any funds into my paypal. Which is why i am actualy trying to post around here for thing's to do while i am doing my own project's.

As for your EQ, thank's for your rather lame excuse.. just because i used the staff panel from mccode v2 as a layout when i was integrating my own and which you saw does not mean the rest is mccode's, but, believe what you want, as a real live gameplay will prove your fact's very wrong.

As i stated in my message (I think i posted, care to bring them out?), that i will pay it when i have it. Because you reduce my work, you won't see the $20.

Pathetically wise, you honestly think i even make money from here? It's a bunch of kid's, i have my source elsewhere + a job.. and deadlykillah.net to open soon hopefully.. so why would i be cared if you try to reduce my work here when i get nothing?

To be honest, you can do what you want with my modification's it just show's how low you can go over $20 which i stated ill pay back when i get it.

Blah, knew i shouldn't of come back to this place in the first place!

That's funny....

Everything was McCodes, right down to the source code in the header, preferences, mailbox and forums.

You lie so much you have started to believe yourself.

Got proof of this siad source code? If not kindly keep quiet :)

Yes, I tend to keep invalid source code from sites that are pretty much worthless (It uses McCodes, you can pick McCodes up for so cheap now that your site is rendered worthless)

Oh, btw....if you go to www.mccodes.com you can get a new patched version of it! Just so you're ready for the big release day!

I have to say ive never had any complaints regards Haunteds works and he puts him self out of his way to help others especially with most of my mods for mcc which he lent a great deal of help too. So regards this post i think its between you two and not the whole of MWG to see.

How low can I go for $20? Over 6 months I was more than patient with you.

Couldnt send the work as your gran was visiting.

Couldnt send the work as your gran decided to stay a bit longer (bless)

Couldnt send the work as you was working on your bike.

Not forgetting the numerous emails I sent to you which you decided to ignore.

Sorry how pathetic someone feels the need to scam for $20 and is unable to pay it back. Now THAT is pathetic and all ive done is shown everyone here just how pathetic you are hurts does it - well thats what you get for pulling this kind of stunt.

As for coming back to this place. You clearly did come back here looking for work as your posting activity has revolved around posting I can do this for you for x amount. Chances of you getting any work now. Nil. My job done priceless.

So off you go. Go 'hopefully' launch your game. Which you have been going to launch since I joined CE and have not done so. Probably as you cannot earn a cent yourself which again is pretty damn lame.

As for the mod. I may aswell post it since I had to secure it anyway ;)

EQ + HD if you could take any arguments off topic into a PM i would appreciate it

It's not an argument, it's a fact. I wouldn't argue with him anyway, he's not worth the time.

Plus, I'm sharing my experience that I've had with him, so my comments are valid. If I was to rant and starting calling names, biting, scratching, then I'd understand your comment was valid, to an extent.

But yes, if you'd like me to comment something which you'd consider valid:

I don't believe HD has had a bad comment said about him here in regards to trading in any type of service, and this may be the first. But still, in any circumstance this is not acceptable, even with a good reputation and a promise date/promise of payment within a certain amount of time. Not having the money, he should find other means in which to pay

Ooooo, looky, i did actualy send the modfication. And it was my aunt that stayed just by the way, both my grans have passed away.

Sunday, September 5th 2010, 9:49pm

Recipients: rulerofzu (Sep 6th 2010, 4:21pm)

My aunt stayed abit longer. She has left now, so will have the template done tonight and promised delivery to the email you sent the PSD's from :).

Hmmm..

Wednesday, September 8th 2010, 1:03am

Recipients: rulerofzu (Sep 8th 2010, 2:08am)

Please let me know if you have recieved the template, thank you.

So from my side it was sent.. i will look through my emails to see if it still there, if not your loss, im gone.

So you can easily look through your sent folder and get anything you sent to him, although if you are saying you sent it and he claims you have not i really wouldn't say it's his loss that's very bad customer service.

Although i am worried you took till now to actually say that you have sent him the product he required/paid for.

All parties made their points. Now it's just starting to de-generate and therefore I will close the thread.

However for me it's clear that one side payed 20$ for a work which doesn't seems to have been done in a complete way or which didn't pleased the customer.

In such cases, for 20$ I would say it's just a small thing and doesn't make sense to go further, however for bigger jobs it's better to come with a "middle man" which receive the work and the money. When the work and the money are on the middle man, the deal is done and the money goes to the worker where the work goes to the customer. In case one part doesn't fulfill the middle man gives back all and the contract is broken.