MakeWebGames

PHP version currently used.

Haunted Dawg

Well, a carry over from [mccode v2.x] House Images + Updated Estate Agent to see who has actualy got the new php version.

If you need instructions to get your php version:

Step 1 - Login to CPanel

Step 2 - Scroll down to bottom and look for: PHP version 5.2.16

Step 3 - Vote on poll.

I am not trying to argue, nor tend for anyone to think im trying to cause an arguement, so if you think im trying to argue, please leave.. oh wait no.. JUST GO!

5.3.4 is the highest stable release you can upgrade through easy apache WHM/CPanel. 5.3.5 has still to pass the audit to be placed onto the easy apache upgrade.

Yup I'm a fool, I take my vote back it's 5.3.3

6840aa2cb8cd46cd89763e2.png maybe next time I'll check instead of looking at phpinfo file in my project on wamp (don't ask).

However I'm still unsure on the point your trying to make HD.

I believe its vital to keep on top of updates and latest versions.

Bug fixes and improvements speak for themselves. Whilst I can update PHP off my own back as I run my own servers I prefer to wait for Cpanel to introduce it into easy apache as I then know it has been tested.

Same applies for MySQL. You just need to be careful and read the update documents before proceeding!

Cent OS is a server distribution (it is actually red hat enterprise) and therefore don't use latest version but instead use trusted version. Security fixes are applied by red hat even if PHP doesn't. A server distribution do have between 5 and 10 years of life time and this is EXTREMELY useful as you don't want to upgrade your servers every 6 months with the risk to have compatibility issues.

Also, there isn't so much more features in the new versions of PHP, sure a couple are quiet useful, but overall you can survive with older trusty versions.

BTW Cent OS 5.5 is the latest version.