MakeWebGames

Dreamweaver

Hey, would just like to know everyone's opinions on Dreamweaver

- Is it any good?

- Is it easy to understand for a beginner?

- Does it help with programming?

- How has you're experience been with it so far?

- Do you use it on a daily basis, and has it improved you're programming standards?

- Has it helped you improve knowledge on certain aspects of programming?

- Overall is it a good program to use?

Kind Regards: Redex

I use Dreamweaver but I only use it cause I've gotten so used to how it highlights code, but it's definitely a helpful program with the auto complete feature making typing functions in PHP and other languages a breeze.

I must say though just because I like the syntax highlighting the program is still using allot of resources to display all the other functions I don't use but overall I think it helps me out allot.

If your "programing" is HTML / CSS, first of all, I may not fully agree on the term programming. However yes Dreamweaver is quiet helpful, as it allows to edit a website and produce high quality HTML / CSS and yet work most of the time in WYSIWYG mode. So yet it helps to understand HTML / CSS and learn new tricks.

if you're looking into a programming language there is a high chance there is free software out there that is just as good as Dreamweaver, for example php i would say look at an IDE like netbeans or even a basic text editor like notepad++. use google to look, often it's free and just as good. the main thing Dreamweaver has is the html editor where you need to know nothing of html to use it however in the long run that feature won't help much (but thats just my opinion and my copy is still Dreamweaver 8 so a little old)

- Is it any good?

Yes, depending what you want it for.

- Is it easy to understand for a beginner?

I learned CSS very easily with this IMHO you can not beat it when you are making CSS's

- Does it help with programming?

HTML/CSS/JS/PHP i use it for

- How has you're experience been with it so far?

Ive used versions from mx 2004, 2008 (what im using atm) to the CS4 all have had improvements but ill just stick with my £50 copy ;)

- Do you use it on a daily basis, and has it improved you're programming standards?

I have used it for 5 years, and i have learned all my CSS/HTML very very quickly with it

- Has it helped you improve knowledge on certain aspects of programming?

Mainly CSS as i was one of those table freaks before, now i prefer tabless designs.

- Overall is it a good program to use?

If you can afford to spend the $100's on the programme and want to learn while you programme then yes it is good :thumbup:

I use it and can recommend it to anyone even remotely interested. Many features that make creating and publishing your web application easier and more fluid. If you decide to go with the complete Web Suite from Adobe, that too would be an added plus as it allows you to easily move between the other offered applications to develop all parts of your website. I am referring to such things as Flash, and Phototshop along side the css and html.