MakeWebGames

You asked for Forums Ideas so here goes

Uridium

Everyone that ever left MWG has come back and the main reason for this is because its like home.

So to Dabomchew and COLDBLOODED ( at least i spelt your name right ) this is for healthy reading..

We understand your creating a V3 version of mccodes and are probably fecking it up as we speak.

Since youve been here weve seen changes ( we wasnt exactly asked how we felt about it ) but you changed them anyway

So heres my IDEAS

1 = Quit pissing about with the forums and concentrate on your game

2 = Weve been here long enough to understand what works and what doesnt so get feedback from us.

3 = The name is ni the title MAKE WEB GAMES all i can see from your forums is how to ADD mods to MCCODES

4 = There are no sections on an ( a - z ) of building a game

5 = We create mods for others cos we want to yet even sometimes its nice to be rewarded for our efforts not just from the public but from you guys

6 = The sites looking a bit Clostrophobic with the mention of MCCODES everywhere either make it an MCCODES only site and quit wasting our time saying its a site for every web based game to use...

Ive got more ideas but i'll probably be banned or this thread deleted after this...

I'm only gunna state the obvious here but yeah..

2 = Weve been here long enough to understand what works and what doesnt so get feedback from us.

3 = The name is ni the title MAKE WEB GAMES all i can see from your forums is how to ADD mods to MCCODES

5 = We create mods for others cos we want to yet even sometimes its nice to be rewarded for our efforts not just from the public but from you guys

6 = The sites looking a bit Clostrophobic with the mention of MCCODES everywhere either make it an MCCODES only site and quit wasting our time saying its a site for every web based game to use...

Ive got more ideas but i'll probably be banned or this thread deleted after this...

1) What are they pissing about with? I don't really understand this statement

2) MCCodes does ask for feedback from everyone on the forums - check announcements and feedback

3) That is because off two reasons

a) Developers make mods for mccodes

b) MWG is officially mccodes official forums

4) This forum is community run, Why should mccodes make a a-z off this?...

5) What reward do you wish for?, mccodes does have a reward system which they're working on - I doubt it'll be active soon but yah

6) it's MCCodes official forums, it is normal too see the mention off this everywhere - they allow other engines to use it, but the main usage is MCCODES...

I'm in no way trying too be a asshole, I'm just trying too help

@ jordan

1) don't say the forum is in great shape

2) they asked for feedback, yet they don't set up any topics on special subjects, they just hope we do, and that won't happen

3) they've initially said that mwg would stay mwg, and that some mcc stuff would be added - I do not mind for that, but that doesn't mean it should be ALL mcc

4) if these are the official MCC forums, like you say, then MCC should take a part in keeping it a good forum with good resources. MCC is a game engine, yet not a single posts exist on how to make a good game or whatsoever. You would think that they would try to have a few posts on how to run a successful game, after all, it is a part of running a game. If you just wish to sell an engine you don't need a forum either.

5) Whatever MCC decides people will never be happy, if they are building on a reward system they should finish it asap, not just say "we're working on one". Then you can better say nothing at all.

6) as I've already said. MWG was never about mcc, it was just the most active subject on mwg, if you want to put MCC everywhere, then just remove all other boards, want a decent community, do the correct thing. And changing a few things certianly wouldn't hurt.

It's just a fact that mwg, official mcc codes or not, is in a bad shape, and that people need to step up, starting the 2 owners.

Everyone that ever left MWG has come back and the main reason for this is because its like home.

So to Dabomchew and COLDBLOODED ( at least i spelt your name right ) this is for healthy reading..

We understand your creating a V3 version of mccodes and are probably fecking it up as we speak.

Since youve been here weve seen changes ( we wasnt exactly asked how we felt about it ) but you changed them anyway

So heres my IDEAS

@ jordan

1) don't say the forum is in great shape

2) they asked for feedback, yet they don't set up any topics on special subjects, they just hope we do, and that won't happen

3) they've initially said that mwg would stay mwg, and that some mcc stuff would be added - I do not mind for that, but that doesn't mean it should be ALL mcc

4) if these are the official MCC forums, like you say, then MCC should take a part in keeping it a good forum with good resources. MCC is a game engine, yet not a single posts exist on how to make a good game or whatsoever. You would think that they would try to have a few posts on how to run a successful game, after all, it is a part of running a game. If you just wish to sell an engine you don't need a forum either.

5) Whatever MCC decides people will never be happy, if they are building on a reward system they should finish it asap, not just say "we're working on one". Then you can better say nothing at all.

6) as I've already said. MWG was never about mcc, it was just the most active subject on mwg, if you want to put MCC everywhere, then just remove all other boards, want a decent community, do the correct thing. And changing a few things certianly wouldn't hurt.

It's just a fact that mwg, official mcc codes or not, is in a bad shape, and that people need to step up, starting the 2 owners.

1) I totally agree the forum is in no good shape, AT ALL.

2) I have seen one or two, maybe not as many as we'd wish for however I do have too say there isn't alot they can ask for feedback with, they already know peoples view on the engine.

3) Well they are the owners and I guess they have been kind enough too allow other engines too use this aswell so yeah, I'd off done the same if i'd off took over the forum (obv with my own engine)

4) I totally agree, however i guess they leave it up too the customers to make there own mistakes which can sometimes be a good thing, maybe they should have a few tuts and what not but heh.

5)I agree, MCC takes far too long to get things rolling, I try and persuade cb into releasing things quicker but it's no use atm

6)It's there decision at the end off the day, We all know what to do if we dont like it.

Mccodes needs to get off its ass and do something what have they done for mwg since they have taken over

-added topics

-nope thats it...

I mean really come on here are some ideas first off what about the staff members that are never online? If they can’t get on find temps until they can.

Next why on earth is mccodes v3 in the works fix v2 and v1 not so much lite since its free anyway but the paid engines fix up before finishing v3.

Third stick to what you say- I can find posts from the week you took over claiming modifications are going to come out on the mccodes website for all well ummm nice car mod...

Fourth – WHAT ABOUT THE MEMBERS !!! your all having a go at mccodes well people are not willing to help on things such as zap engine this site (under md anyway) has had many projects that the community seems up for and no one puts work in. In fact at this point may I just say there are people like a_bertrand who as far as I know did the whole zap engine how it stands and he did a very nice job.

-edit can i just say that does not really apply to anyone who has posted above me however it is true for most members

Fifth – MWG Awards everything is already set up to do this all you need to do is add a poll and let us vote is that so hard ? no ? then bring it back …

Sixth – this site is based around mccodes we get it but come on is it that hard to have a staff member per engine or be sure that the engines in your download page are secure and up to date free yes but it’s a nice thing to do for people.

Last of all can I just say it’s not just mccodes people have gone out of fear since they never paid for v2 I mean going back to 07 you can find bull shi* posts that say “omg mcc never held copyright” noobs left that’s fine

btw what happend to the mccodes wiki ? o yea danny took over and no support was given so he stopped just saying one more thing that could get going again ...

Quoted from Jordan Palmer

6)It's there decision at the end off the day, We all know what to do if we dont like it.

Your absolutely right Jordan but the fact remains it was them that asked us in the first place for feedback

And how many here Suggested that AH lets make MWG so MCC boards are scattered everywhere ? Cos i cant remember asking for them..

Good points from both Jordan and Illusions.

However I must say that. They have asked for feedback. Feedback has been given and then....nothing.

For example. Recent thread where it was asked for suggestions on v3. It was suggested they post what features are there already which makes perfect sense.

No reply.

I think their main problem is with V3 with us making so many addons for V2 i dont think they have manu new ideas left lol

well maybe they could finally make a real engine, with a modular system which makes it easier for other developers to create mods. They could create some sort of packaging system, which gives the owner the option to browse through all mods and click on install to add it to his game, ...

Loads of options, you just need to be able to think of it ;)

- Well if this site starts to be McCode only, I will be one of the first to leave. Why? As I always stated I'm not interested in McCode at all. CB and Dabs knows it as I told them so since the beginning when they bought the forums and asked that the staff should stay.

- The Zap engine didn't worked that well for a few reasons, for example people got scared by the high number of directories which was there to try to make it as clean as possible. Another reason is that it's an engine and not a full game which prevents people to start right away. For that I started to discuss with Zeggy (original creator of another open source engine) to team up and create a new engine or work both on the same one. We shall see how it goes. However that cannot be done yet as I'm currently working on something for myself.

- Proposals for McCodes? Well I proposed to help on some areas... got basically no answers... I don't care again as stated it's not something important in my eyes.

- The forums are going down? Well, people flame too much and don't share enough about what they are doing. You don't need to share your code, but sharing experience is useful, and yet cost nothing.