MakeWebGames

MCCodes Copyright Information

Alot simple, get rid of this Saga and finish the unseen Saga ;)

Allow free downloads of V2 and V1 since, it's all already out there, and pretty much you will never stop it 100%. So let them be. How long ago was it announced that v3 was being created? If i remmember correctly, it was a year before i started working on deadlykillah.net, so as i see it, that's 2 year's ago add the 1 year, that's 3 year's. No release date as of yet?

So what i suggest is, demolish the entire MC Structure altogether, create an all new fresh script biased "V3", and sell that to people and make sure this time, you encrypt a needed file, and then make a request back to your site. Make the request the Cron_day file, that way it get's sent to you once a day for validation, if it does not validate, it changes the rest of the script and/or delete the entire folder+database. That should keep the little kid's occupied for awhile.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
tell a lie lol i finally found it was under different pay pal Addy. i have the proof mines legit but your system says im not....

Are you still using the same URL? If the URL you are using today is different than what they have on file it will say that it is invalid.

Ive just re registered with them and iopen a support ticket about it with all information about transaction for 2006 lol been such a long time XD

Added your license, ticket has been replied to.

• 2 months later...

My opinion, You don't officially use your copyright or contact "lawyers", you simply send threat emails to the hosters to remove there site. If a site is using off shore hosting, or a company that doesn't care you won't take them down. Lets be honest, You're not going to pay fee's for a lawyer and the hassle of a court case for $100 script. Peace.

• 11 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

the only way to take down a site for good is by taking the person to court.

hitting up host dose nothing as they can then hit you with same notice requiring you to goto court and get a judge to say remove it.

buy a ioncube license encode your scripts personally to domain of users choice, time limit free version you will be fine then its hard enough to decode ioncube 7 let alone the new version 8.

soing above may mean you cant make new mods but with some smarts you can take all the free versions of mods and have them encoded for your site code up paid version yourself and be in total control of the script....

• 7 months later...

I know this is old news but just wanted to chime in that Ravan.info is still up. I almost purchased it from them until I saw that they had one of my mods I wrote long ago in there for mccodes and then I did some research and found out what was going on. I think I will just settle with mccode lite for now. No offense but I am not going to shell out $100 - $120 for a script with apparently no support from what I have read.

I know this is old news but just wanted to chime in that Ravan.info is still up. I almost purchased it from them until I saw that they had one of my mods I wrote long ago in there for mccodes and then I did some research and found out what was going on. I think I will just settle with mccode lite for now. No offense but I am not going to shell out $100 - $120 for a script with apparently no support from what I have read.

Slightly a good decision as to why im looking to buy a license from someone much cheaper instead of spending what £59.

Anyhow the support with Mccodes at the moment is almost non existent. I received replys to my tickets weeks after submitting them, you should make a thread on here explaining you situation further, news goes around faster on here than submitting a ticket.

Back in the day when I was creating mods and templates and such my brother purchased the source code for me as a present but I have since drifted away from the community and coding and such. My brother passed away a couple of years ago so I am unable to ask him for the information that he used to purchase it so I am looking to purchase it for myself. But I won't do that if there isn't going to be any support that comes with it. Unfortunately I don't have the original source code either so I am having to start from scratch. I actually dug through the free mods forum till I found the mod I made that is apparently included on Ravan's "script" and it even says

/**

* Travel Time / Travel Type Mod

* Made by Shaved92Bravada

* This is a free mod for the members of CE

* This is not to be sold... I recognize my crappy work lol

* @copyright 2008

*/

which the copyright means virtually nothing lol. But as it says in there I recognized it from the get go.

Back in the day when I was creating mods and templates and such my brother purchased the source code for me as a present but I have since drifted away from the community and coding and such. My brother passed away a couple of years ago so I am unable to ask him for the information that he used to purchase it so I am looking to purchase it for myself. But I won't do that if there isn't going to be any support that comes with it. Unfortunately I don't have the original source code either so I am having to start from scratch. I actually dug through the free mods forum till I found the mod I made that is apparently included on Ravan's "script" and it even says

/**

* Travel Time / Travel Type Mod

* Made by Shaved92Bravada

* This is a free mod for the members of CE

* This is not to be sold... I recognize my crappy work lol

* @copyright 2008

*/

which the copyright means virtually nothing lol. But as it says in there I recognized it from the get go.

Sorry to hear about the brother.

Surprised, and glad to see you digging through some ancient codes of the era. Obviously copyright tags a contained, however people out can freely yoink it and get away with it unless a DMCA or higher level of legal actions is taken against the infringer (in this case, Raven). Very difficult in today's internet to pursue bad people on the internet. Too costly is one main factor.