MakeWebGames

Namless (Still need a name)

Enuf

I am currently looking for one more person, i guess a 'co-owner' to help me develop my game.

I wont lie, i have no knowledge in PHP what so ever, lol. But i'm going to be learning throughout this project. I have basic HTML knowledge and quite advance basic knowledge ( wont be of any help i know, but hey)

Info on the game:

The game will be based around pirates.

Hopefully we will be getting an awesome template. I've seen a bit of it so far and im loving it!

Some of the features:

Crafting, to make ships, wepons and many other things

Will be 100s of quests

AWESOME gang system

Have some ideas for features but i know I cant pull them off, lol. That's why im not putting much info in right now.

Nice Idea, I like pirate theme game's.

A few questions;

What is you're current age?

Do you have any cash to implent?

Which timezone/country are you in?

Where will it be hosted?

Who exactly will be purchasing domain,hosting?

These will help ALOT of people decide if you're an ''partner'' they need

Thank's in advance

- Pudda

What made you want to start a game? (just curious)

Well, i have been playing Torn for over a year now.. and ive played many other games, travian, evony.. you name one of the most known browser games and ive probably played it. When you've been playing these games for so long, you sort of get a feeling you want to make your own.. and i know you know what i mean :P

So i started researching how to, and i stumbled across this website and started to read about MCCodes. I've read alot about how it is flawed etc BUT! it seems the best way i can do this at the moment.

I just really want to make a game that everyone enjoys, im not to fussed about making any money off it, i just want to make a game where everyone can have fun and get a long.. To start off with i was going to make a small project, where it was just me and my mates playing, but then i decided i wanted to make something bigger.. You might know eRepublik? We had nearly the same idea about 3years ago, and we was playing it on world maps and stuff, lol. It was more fun than you think lol.. It was better than maths anyway? But i was going to make that into a forum and go from there, and a lot more war based than eRepublik is lol.

The pirate theme just comes from my love of pirates lol, and ive not seen MANY popular pirate games, i hope to become one of the few i have seen.

I played a pirate mc game originally which eventually got me to another site then here, Pirate games are fun but get boring quickly i think. There are limits to the options and possibilities.

You say this, but surely there are limits to crime games to.. and RPGs. :)

I have a few ideas for things to keep players busy, some people might not like the ideas i have, as one of them will be highly time consuming lol. (or not, don't know how it will work yet) but the outcome will be worth the time.

This is also a reason i want a partner, for help on ideas and just general help around the site. I could probably pull this off alone, with a lot of learning.. But i want someone to help me to make my time more fun and so the game is up quicker. (im not saying if i got a partner who knew there stuff i wouldn't bother learning, because i will be learning PHP etc still :P)

But yeah, i have a few decent ideas for the game, well i think i do :P

I would personally recommend MTG he's one of the only other coders i would trust to do a good job, You have a fair point like my game has been in production for about a year (counting ideas time and planning) which i would say it's even at this point more advanced in ideas and methods than any games of it's type.

Ideas are normally only limited to the persons imagination but if you can think it im sure someone on MWG will be able to code it. May cost a few bucks but you need to spend money to make money in this industry and we all know it's a multi-million dollar industry.

Good luck with any further projects i look forward to seeing them prosper.

Ok, thanks. :)

I will be in contact with people interested shortly, to see if they wish to start sooner or later. What i mean by this is, if they want me to learn to code first or while we're making the site, well.. i guess you can answer that by posting here (people who are interested).

i would urge you against mccodes, there are a lot better free scripts to use

- the new zap engin looks quite good but is in development

- GL scripts

- or there was a script like Tribal wars and you can get a pirate theme that looks very good may wana look at this, i have it setupon my test server ill send u the files if you like

Welcome to the Web Developing Industry, and good luck with this project and any you may do in the future. Learning Just php will not be enough. To be able to run a sucessful game ( without putting all the pressure of coding onto your fellow co-owner ) you will have to learn some other languages which will help you in understanding existing modifications better as well as creating a huge impact on the types of modifications you can create. I'll list 2-3 of the Web Languages you should understand the basics of before leaping into the project below:

- HTML

- PHP

-CSS

I say this becuase using just php to create a modification, will not be exactly a wise idea. In my opinion, to make it good or even basic you will have to mix html and php together. Now CSS is all about the styling, however when you're learning html you will come across tutorials which will say you can make your page look better using these html tags and them html tags, but css is the more professional language for all the styling whichtakes place on the site.

Example:

The Design/Layouts you see on a page involve some css to be implemented in a external or internal css sheet in the directory.

I have no idea, what kind of route your planning to take with this project, but you sound like a hard working guy so i would advise you take time and learn the basics of php/html and css before starting the project as it will make your life alot easier. Now after learning the basics, you can go ahead and start planning your project and keep advancing your knowledge about the different languages as time passes.

Now i've seen many people give advice and just end the post but hey let's give you 1-2 links to websites which may help you in this quest. I will give the links below:

http://www.w3schools.com

http://www.tizag.com

I forgot to mention above, but learn html before you learn xhtml. The reason i say this is as far as i know Xhtml is a cleaner and stricter version of Html. I'll clarify that a bit more, so if you learn html you may be able to code something without closing a tag but if you're coding using xhtml then it will explain that you have to close the tags etc.

One more thing, don't hesitate to post up any problems here, as there are lots of freindly people here who are willing to help. Magictallguy is someone i would recomend, he will do work for you, and if it's not too big he may do it for free. ( sorry MTG if you have changed since we last spoke xd, and don't do work for free anymore )

The languages noted above are not small languages, and you will not learn any of them in one day. You will have to study hard and research about them to get the basics down which will take a coupole of months. If you manage to get the hang of them languages, then you may want to see and ask people what other languages they know and try and learn a bit about them.

Last but not least, spend time on your project. Don't expect it to be a one minute wonder as the outcome of that will be a bad one. Arrange everything professionally and if you ever need my help hit me up on a private message on here.

This article hasn't been advertise on Makewebgames yet, but if you fancy reading a article of mine about how to run a sucessful rpg then visit the link below:

http://www.onlinegrip.com/website-tips/how-to-run-a-successful-rpg-game/

That's it for now, i'll see if i can give more detail next time i post.

Best Regards: Redex

Thanks Redex, I shall read the article in a min.

I have looked at w3 schools, they don't teach you much there lol.. ive scored 100% on HTML and 100% on xHTML..

I shall look on the web for more tutorials, and thanks for the advice, I will learn to code more before starting the project :)

Haha, thanks.

Also.. i've been looking at HTML, xHTML & CSS.

HTML = slightly harder version of BBCode (the amount ive seen)

xHTML = neater/tidier version of HTML.

CSS = Easy so far, you declare which part of the HTML you wish to edit, and then type what you want it to do, basiclly..